Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 09:22 AM

736 posts, read 354,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Obama was developing a policy in which the middle class income was increasing. Corporations like ExxonMobile can't have that. Trump will oversee the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Increasing? If you factor in inflation, then the middle class has not increased, but decreased. Lets be clear, people would not have voted for Republicans or Trump, if their income were increasing and everything were peachy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 09:27 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,893,324 times
Default Obama Failed Sentor and President,

The demise of the DNC is self inflicted. The DNC controlled all of the major News networks except Fox and had open door policy with many News Papers. Plus they had Media Matters which is controlled by Soros supporting the DNC for the tune of 20 millions dollars which was laundered thru the Bank Of Panama.
The NY Times comes to mind.

Obama would of faired better if he acted as President for all, ot for the few. Obama Administration used the IRS to go after Conservatives Groups, while his AG (Lynch and Holder) would not even enforce the laws and clean up Gov.
Instead they gave more credence to the Black Panthers and the BLM than applied Justice Blindly.

There you have he Demise of the DNC Cartel!

Old 12-11-2016, 09:29 AM

6,265 posts, read 5,077,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
No surprise. You know they won't blame their lord and savior.
My concern right now isn't Obama. He's done. My concern right now is that many on the right are viewing Trump the same way. This from someone who voted for Trump. I've read all the posts (and likely so have you) containing the same over-the-top savior-rhetoric that I read when Obama first took office. Trump will be the president of the United States and we MUST demand accountability. He's not a rock star. He's a public servant, accountable for his performance AS a public servant. Or at least he should be. Do what you said you were going to do President-Elect Trump, or I will do my small part to vote you out of office in four years.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:50 AM

18,039 posts, read 27,497,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama completely destroyed the party.
Obama’s ideas didn’t work. He failed to deliver what he promised.
Barack Obama Second Term: A Complete Failure | National Review
Speaking of Party, Hollywood Public Relations firm cancels holiday party because of Trump's victory.

No wonder all these folks are in here wailing and gnashing their teeth. They have no celebration that they planned a year and a half ago, boohoo.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:55 AM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Obama is the best gun salesman and Republican promoter in history (Lincoln has to settle for 2nd place).
Every time a thug got shot by the cops he had a speech. Every time a cop got murdered by thugs, silent.

Ya, that's going to set off a gun buying frenzy every time.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:43 AM

610 posts, read 534,330 times
The Democrats' decline is even bigger than indicated in the thread title. In my heavily Democratic state, they have controlled both branches of the legislature for many years. In this election, the margin was much reduced in one house, and in the second it's actually tied between Dems and Reps, continuing a recent trend. In two years, the governorship is up (current Dem is very unpopular) and perhaps one of the houses of the legislature and/or governorship will flip if the trend continues.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:54 AM

30,290 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama completely destroyed the party.
Obama’s ideas didn’t work. He failed to deliver what he promised.
Barack Obama Second Term: A Complete Failure | National Review
For the first time in over a decade, I went ahead and freely, happily, clicked a link in that article that led me to the Daily Kos.

I can't even begin to tell you the pleasure it gave me to read them admit their total loss of power.

This year just keeps on giving.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:56 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,127,877 times
The best part is, it is going to get worse for them in many ways.

A) The next election cycle will be EXREMELY favaorable to the Republican in the Senate.

B) Supreme court Stacking!

C) Trump may be able to do something about the problem of illegals voting

D) World trends are for nationalism and austerity and against globalism and austerity.

E) The decline of the media in the face of the internet and low public trust.

F) The great Demographic boom of Hispanics is over, just at a time when more affluent Hispanics are becoming more Republican. Where are they going to get the new waves of poor people?

The Democrat party, the oldest in the world, I believe is now about finished.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:00 PM

7,740 posts, read 5,531,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
Increasing? If you factor in inflation, then the middle class has not increased, but decreased. Lets be clear, people would not have voted for Republicans or Trump, if their income were increasing and everything were peachy.
yeah, what you said has literally nothing to do with the fact that median incomes have risen more in the past few years than in decades. It's alright, it's time for the rich to take advantage and stop it. The real crony capitalists are back.

The same people who took advantage of working class people and cut benefits and jobs are now leading the country.

The worst ran states in the country are ran by Republicans. Mines one of them!

Old 12-11-2016, 12:04 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,600,109 times
It doesnt really take much for republicans to sway American people, they dont even have to do much except repeating the things Americans like to hear - the poor have it too good, low wage workers have it too good, unions have it too good, you deserve more than them, stop immigration (invokation alone is enough), drill, mine, frack, destroy, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections