Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 12:59 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,580,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Obama was a failed experiment that I hope the people are never stupid enough to try again .
Apparently they are with the election of Trump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 01:03 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,580,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
yeah, what you said has literally nothing to do with the fact that median incomes have risen more in the past few years than in decades. It's alright, it's time for the rich to take advantage and stop it. The real crony capitalists are back.

The same people who took advantage of working class people and cut benefits and jobs are now leading the country.

The worst ran states in the country are ran by Republicans. Mines one of them!
That last sentence can't be repeated enough. It is amazing that horribly run states vote for the same idiots over and over and expect change.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:06 PM

17,351 posts, read 11,312,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
That last sentence can't be repeated enough. It is amazing that horribly run states vote for the same idiots over and over and expect change.
Obviously, most people of those states disagree with you. But if it makes you feel better, there are plenty of conservatives in CA that feel like liberals in North Carolina as far as your statement goes.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:21 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,285,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
My concern right now isn't Obama. He's done. My concern right now is that many on the right are viewing Trump the same way. This from someone who voted for Trump. I've read all the posts (and likely so have you) containing the same over-the-top savior-rhetoric that I read when Obama first took office. Trump will be the president of the United States and we MUST demand accountability. He's not a rock star. He's a public servant, accountable for his performance AS a public servant. Or at least he should be. Do what you said you were going to do President-Elect Trump, or I will do my small part to vote you out of office in four years.
I agree 100%. I have no problem voting against Trump if he doesn't deliver. I didn't so much vote for Trump as it was a vote against Hillary.

People are foolish to think the Democratic Party is finished. It goes in cycles and we could be looking at the same scenario in reverse in ten years or so.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:38 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,073,379 times
I have never seen policy development take this long. He never developed a policy, much less execute one, and that was the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Obama was developing a policy in which the middle class income was increasing. Corporations like ExxonMobile can't have that. Trump will oversee the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:41 PM

15,948 posts, read 12,306,708 times
Hillarys nomination destroyed it...

Old 12-11-2016, 03:10 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,032,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
From the article:
CNN’s Fareed Zakaria recently offered a two-hour special concluding that America failed its president: “It remains unclear if the country was ready for Barack Obama’s vision.”

This quote tells the tale. America didn't fail its president. It's president failed America. It isn't unclear whether the "country was ready for Barack Obama's vision". The country didn't WANT his vision. It didn't need someone who would "fundamentally transform this nation" - it needed someone who would LEAD this nation. Zakaria intimates that Obama's failures were because of the citizens of this nation rather than placing the blame where it belongs. With the president himself.

The numbers don't lie. The electoral college doesn't lie. The number of states now led by the GOP doesn't lie. What has happened from 08 when the Democrat party had all three branches of government to now doesn't lie. Progressive politicians across the country (and the ideology they espouse) has been rejected by more Americans than it has been embraced, and the D party has done nothing but lose and lose some more, ever since Obama was first swept into office 8 years ago.

They need to learn that message, accept that message, and change THEIR message, or they can keep on losing.

I didn't vote for Obama, but once he was voted in as president back in 08 I accepted the will of the people and understood that he was now the president of the United States. He was MY president and I wanted him to succeed. Because if he succeeded, we would all succeed. So he had my complete support. By the time he won re-election I was simply resigned to four more years of........crap. By the time he beat Romney I couldn't even stand to look as his face or listen to the sound of his voice. I've watched the post game each year but for the past couple of years I couldn't even bring myself to watch the State of the Union.

Too many lies. Too many deceits. Too much divisiveness. Too many insults. Too many excuses. He is a weak man driven by blind adherence to an ideology that too many Americans loathed. And he didn't care. We weren't enlightened enough, smart enough, progressive enough to understand and appreciate his perspective. We were too fearful, too hateful, to uneducated, to fill-in-the-blank phobic to understand. We didn't live in the right state or the right corners of the country.

I cannot describe in strong enough terms just how pleased I am that his term as president is almost done. President Obama - just go away. It's over between us.
Excellent post!

I bolded that paragraph because it's exactly how I feel. Even though I didn't vote for him, I, too, was willing to give him a chance. After he proved to be the worst president ever (I used to think that GW Bush was the worst president, then along came Obama to prove me wrong) I figured he wouldn't get re-elected. My hope was that when he dictated DACA for so-called DREAMers, that would have cost him the re-election---but, sadly, no.

When my chosen presidential candidate doesn't win, in the past, I always knew that we, as a nation, would be okay. With Obama in office, I knew that we wouldn't be okay.

How could any president refuse to not only enforce our immigration laws but when he didn't get his amnesty, dictate DACA? Not only that, he wanted to bring in even more H1-Bs when Americans were going without jobs. His DOJ was, IMO, the most corrupt one I've ever seen.

Then Trump came along. The first time I heard him speak as a candidate, I knew that he would get my vote. When he won, my first thought was that now my grandkids will have a bright future. My brother hit the nail on the head when he told me that when he heard Trump had won, it felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:14 PM

45,471 posts, read 60,692,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Pennsylvania:
Rendell 8 years, D
Corbett 4 years, R
Wolfe. Current, D

Old 12-13-2016, 11:31 AM

900 posts, read 376,483 times
The democrat party is not over. . Now the reverse cycle begins ... Democrats have started to regain governments, starting with the new jersey in 2017 ... it's always the same thing.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:42 AM

9,378 posts, read 14,332,558 times
I will always remember president Obama for:

- making all of Bush's temporary tax brackets permanent (except the very top one);

- for increasing the estate tax exemption by as much as ten-fold;

- for expanding wars in the Oil Crescent, and for expanding robotics in warfare;

- for being a half gringo/half first-generation Kenyan-American who masqueraded as a traditional black American with some three hundred years of history in this land and convincing them that he represented them.

What a whitewash!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections