Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 07:23 PM

3,325 posts, read 1,960,348 times

Advertisements

They got their just deserts after 8 of the most ugly and depressing years in American history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 07:31 PM

610 posts, read 532,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Texas has a strong minority and is controlled by Republicans in how much Vermont has a low minority and is controlled by Democrats ...

Democrats can retake control in 2018 in many states, it will depend on how bad the first 2 years of trump ...
Don't be so sure. As I said earlier in this thread, my Democratic-controlled state is trending Republican and I think there's an excellent chance for a significant change in two years. Vermont is full of Bernie Sanders-type ex-hippies--the natives were distraught when they lost control of the state to them--but it is hardly a model for anyplace else (and economically it's one of the saddest states in the country.) The Dems may come back but it will take a while and some fundamental change on their part.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:34 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Obama was developing a policy in which the middle class income was increasing. Corporations like ExxonMobile can't have that. Trump will oversee the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Um, OK.

Government cannot tolerate a strong middle class. people who work for their wealth tend to have pesky notions of wanting to keep it and not wanting more government.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:34 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama completely destroyed the party.
Obama’s ideas didn’t work. He failed to deliver what he promised.
Barack Obama Second Term: A Complete Failure | National Review
And soon, Trump will also fail to deliver what he promises. I am amazed that anyone believes what politicians promise. Regardless of political affiliation, they are in politics for themselves, not us.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:41 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
For the first time in over a decade, I went ahead and freely, happily, clicked a link in that article that led me to the Daily Kos.

I can't even begin to tell you the pleasure it gave me to read them admit their total loss of power.

This year just keeps on giving.

And that just means...Happy New Year!

Old 12-13-2016, 07:47 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
The Democrats haven't learned one single thing from the last eight years. People need to continue voting against them at every opportunity under all circumstances.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:17 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama completely destroyed the party.
Obama’s ideas didn’t work. He failed to deliver what he promised.
Barack Obama Second Term: A Complete Failure | National Review
I am going to miss the Obama's. They are a class act and let all the insults roll off their backs. And there were many. That is presidential. For the next 4 years we are going to see the president of our great country throw temper tantrums on Twitter when he gets his feelings hurt or someone dares to defy him. What a baby. And Trump is already backtracking on all his promises. Will you be mad if he doesn't deliver

Old 12-13-2016, 11:45 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Except that it didn't. Obama's Math Fail.

ExxonMobile had nothing to do with Obama's failures. thedirtypirate Responsibility Fail.
Except for, you know, that incomes have finally started to tick up.

Reality is difficult though. Stick to your Fox News and Breitbart.

Life sucks if you're an uneducated person stuck in Appalachia or the rust belt with no useful skills. Otherwise it's pretty good.

We may only have 16 governorships but I'm quite glad to be living in one of those states - rising incomes, tons of job openings, highly diversified economy, no constant attempts to erode my individual freedoms or intrude into my personal business.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:05 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
And soon, Trump will also fail to deliver what he promises. I am amazed that anyone believes what politicians promise. Regardless of political affiliation, they are in politics for themselves, not us.
Well, the topic is about Obama, not Trump. Trump has yet to prove that he is a man of his word, but it's clear that Obama was not.

After 8 years of Obama, the Democrat party is weaker than it has ever been in the last 110 years.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:32 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
They got their just deserts after 8 of the most ugly and depressing years in American history.
I think what you're missing is the title of this thread. Yes Obama was president but the GOP controlled congress for a good part of those 8 years not to mention most of the governorships and state legislatures, yet he is the only one that takes the blame. These were not ugly depressing years but if they were then the GOP has the lion's share of the blame, they took back over the country years ago, and now they really have it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections