Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 04:44 PM

39,182 posts, read 51,531,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Jill Stein's recount in Wisconsin has proven there was no Russian hacking. It disproves everything you try to raise.
I never said there was Russian hacking. The Russians did what Trump said was his strategy: suppress the vote. The idea was to discourage Clinton supporters from voting and encourage Bernie voters to vote for Stein. The constant leaks always at the time when Trump was under fire and always grabbed up and headlined by the media may well have succeeded in doing that. Trump won by less than 1% in WI, MI, and PA (while losing big league in the popular vote). In MI, nearly 10 times as many people voted for Stein as the margin of Trump's win there. I know some of them. They regret it now, but they voted for Stein because the wikileaks bothered them. You can't tell me that Putin did not change the outcome of the election. That said, there is not much we can do about it. Trump will be President and all that portends will come to pass. We can investigate and take measures to punish Putin though and make sure it does not happen again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 04:46 PM

979 posts, read 493,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
As the Republican and Democratic parties have reminded the people on many occasions, They are a private organization and have the ability to change their rules and organizational structure at will. The parties are not the government.

And for the last f'ning time for you people that simply don't get it.

There has been no confirmation Russia hacked the DNC.
Not one single person in Government has come forward and stated it as a Fact. That is the only Fact on that.

Not one person with the ability to state that it is a fact has stated that this "secret assessment" is real or what evidence they have of Russia's involvement. That is a News Fact for those who don't understand political BS that is spewing for the Washington Post.

A anonymous about a anonymous report being reported by a bias source with no supporting evidence.

Let's try another fact for all the bias hacks on here.

There is no evidence yet to state that DNC information was leaked or hacked.
That is a fact and how a truly unbiased media would report it.

Also a fact, The former UK ambassador to Russia has stated that he has meet with the person responsible and it was leaked from within the DNC because of the way they treated Bernie.

That is in fact the only person that has given a statement of personal knowledge that I know of.
How convenient, so someone from Russia is telling everyone that Russia didn't hack anything and knoes who the person is that leaked all the information, and you just accept that as fact? Who is this person that leaked information? This still calls for an investigation into this election to make sure there was no wrong doing done by any foreign country. Though it seems some people on this site are more than willing to take Russia's word on anything, which is good, we just elected Russia's lapdog.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:47 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,809,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
So now you are okay with private servers that contain confidential information being hacked? I guess your partisan support is showing too much. Oh well, that doesn't surprise me, Trump supporters are the masters of denial.
Dear the topic isn't about me. Calling me names simply proves this. As I said, you have no argument.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:49 PM

26,226 posts, read 22,392,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The Demcrats are upset that the public knows too much about them. Sorry, but if true, the Russians are "whistleblowers", not "hackers".
True. Although, I could not believe the Democrats are trying to revive the cold war with Russia. Talk about pathetic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The Russians know just as much about the RNC/Republicans, and they're reportedly using it to blackmail them. If you're not concerned about another country holding that much influence over our country's political process, nothing is going to convince you.
Too funny! The cold war is over with Russia and Hillary trying to revive it to win the election was pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think our leaders are worried about something and are using Russia as an excuse to make sure Trump does not take office.

I have never seen leaders in my country fight this hard to usurp the Democratic process.
Not really our leaders though, the wealthy elite behind Hillary, people that are not leaders at all!

Quote:
What does a hack, that not even proven, of a private server have to do with National Security?
Facts have little to do with members of the Democratic Party these days.

Trying to reason with anyone that doesn't understand Hillary's private server issue is probably a waste of time. They will NEVER get it!

Quote:
This has more to do with National Security than a private server. It makes sense to fully investigate this to see how big it actually is.
No, this is just about a private server and a bunch of immature people who refuse to believe that Hillary couldn't cheat and buy her way to the Presidency.

Quote:
False question.

Private servers get hacked all the time. Chalk it up to the incompetence of those chosen to run them. Doesn't mean "American Security" as you put it, is at risk at all.
If anyone does compromise American or National Security by using a private server when they weren't allowed, they should face a firing squad as that would definitely take care of the issue.

Quote:
Nope. Neither organization has said they have any evidence.
Yeah, well, there was evidence of a lot of things the Democrats chose to ignore and now they are spending their time trying to create something out of nothing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The American people have spoken. Trump is the winner of a free and fair election. Any attempt to change the results is going to be very ugly. And, the Democrats will be the target.
I still say, it is time for the Democratic leadership to step up and say "enough is enough" as the party continues to be eroded with all the foolishness they have been up to. They have no shame and have brought our country a great deal of it.

Russia? Sorry, but trying to start a war with Russia............seems the Democrats are definitely up to something with that. If your private server doesn't get hacked, it is not "war" worthy.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:51 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,068,819 times
Funny how liberals are in such a panic over this. What's pathetic are the death threats against some officials in order to intimidate them. Still, the Dems are wasting a lot of time on this. The electorate will vote Trump in, but even if it gets to the House for a vote, he's still in.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:51 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,747,433 times
Quote:
Since the FBI and CIA both have evidence, then it makes sense to properly investigate this. Since it is a Republican Congress, I don't think you can consider it to be nothing but politics if they are in charge of the investigation. Either way, it makes sense to want to get to the bottom of this and everyone who was going on about Hillary's emails and Benghazi should agree.
The FBI and Cia have evidence of what exactly ? Get to the bottom of what ? Who has come out and said what the evidence is. Some no named source with no definitive evidence leading to a suspected source is claiming there is a conclusion. Then based on that they want to know what the intent was. Ridicules !!!!

Lets assume the Russians interfered in the election. How will it be determined how effective they were at influencing anyone's vote. Hillary had so many strikes against her that had nothing to do with the emails or any hacking.

This is nothing but political theater.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:52 PM

26,728 posts, read 15,285,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Again. Phishing is NOT hacking. Giving your password freely to someone you don't know is evidence of utter stupidity, not hacking.
Also Podesta said that he lost his cell phone in a cab right before this mess...is it possible this led to some of it?

https://twitter.com/Zanna42918099/st...99162404466692

Old 12-12-2016, 04:54 PM

26,728 posts, read 15,285,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Lets assume the Russians interfered in the election. How will it be determined how effective they were at influencing anyone's vote. Hillary had so many strikes against her that had nothing to do with the emails or any hacking.
It is not fair that real dirt was released on democrats, everyone thought they were saints. We the voters didn't have a right to know how corrupt they are.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:58 PM

31,338 posts, read 14,438,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Trump voters were warned about putting an incompetent buffoon in office. He has not yet been sworn in and yet he is acting like a buffoon. Backing down on campaign promises, hiring the Generals that he said he was smarter than, refusing to go to daily briefings.

WTF does this ass hole have to do get you losers to admit you made a mistake.

Perhaps the electoral college can do the smart thing and not put this man child into office.
Good plan.
Trump beats the R establishment fair and square.
Trump beats the D establishment fair and square.
Trump beats the media.
Trump has earned the chance to govern, just like Obama did in '08.

And your solution is to do what? Put Hillary in there? That might cause some problems, don't you think?
There will be a march on DC if the electoral college doesn't certify Trump as the winner.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:58 PM

39,182 posts, read 51,531,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
Funny how liberals are in such a panic over this. What's pathetic are the death threats against some officials in order to intimidate them. Still, the Dems are wasting a lot of time on this. The electorate will vote Trump in, but even if it gets to the House for a vote, he's still in.
It certainly would be fun to see what the House would do. I don't think they would vote in Trump not if information so damaging that they took that route emerged. Pence would win, I guess. But it's not going to happen. Trump is going to be sworn in and then we have to get on with the business of fighting him every step of his crooked way and impeaching him ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections