Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 02:52 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,088,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
I thought you were an engineer and here you are a poorly educated rust belt white!

Anyway, nice to see you won't be holding your guy accountable simply because he has an (R) next to his name. I expect we will see a repeat of the Bush years when conservatives turned a blind eye to the national debt, foreign wars, and the violations of the 4th amendment just because a Republican was in office.
I am an engineer, but to the loser left I'm just some mouth breathing Trump voter. You know it's true.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:57 PM

5,105 posts, read 2,337,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Well it is pretty easy to pick at appointees who hate the Department they have been nominated to run -

Betsy DeVos - Education,
Carson - HUD,
Ebell - EPA,
Tom Price - HHS
Rick Perry - Energy

No real issues with the credentials of the Military appointees except several are Hawks and wanted a hardline against Iran. - The Exxon/Mobil Chief, Tillerson, might be good; as for the others well not one is a slam dunk. At least Tom Price knows his business but hates Obamacare.

Given the current lineup we may be in for a dramatic remaking of the Federal Agencies but mismanagement is far more likely than huge cutbacks.
That's the point. Education and hud have been up to all manner of racially-based foolishness these past eight years, so I'd be glad to see them completely changed. Along with the justice department.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:05 PM

7,198 posts, read 4,797,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Did your crystal ball tell you that Trump would win the election and that Republicans would win both houses of congress? No? Then perhaps it may not be that accurate.

But anyway, we've heard criticisms about every damn person Trump has considered for a cabinet post. So rich people are no good. Business executives are no good, financial executives are no good. Long-term U.S. Senators are no good. Former governors, current governors, former mayors, former ambassadors.....all no good. Military guys are no good. Guys from Breitbart News, whoa baby, the worst thing since Hitler. Former neurosurgeons are no good, Sarah Palins are no good. So tell me: who in the hell should he appoint to his cabinet?
I voted for the pothead so I never cared about "winning" the election because that isn't going to put any money in my pocket and I am not accustomed to carrying other people's water. National elections are not a team sport to me.

Hence, I don't care about Trumps's appointments. What I have said (in other threads) is that Pence's fingerprints are all over these appointments. So it doesn't surprise me in the least that people who don't care or know anything about a certain agency are nominated to run them. It is very NORMAL for GOP presidents to do this.

Have we forgotten about "heck of a job, Brownie" and the FEMA response yet?

Trump can nominate whoever he wants. I'm just going to take notes and pass the popcorn

Old 12-13-2016, 03:10 PM

5,105 posts, read 2,337,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I voted for the pothead so I never cared about "winning" the election because that isn't going to put any money in my pocket and I am not accustomed to carrying other people's water. National elections are not a team sport to me.

Hence, I don't care about Trumps's appointments. What I have said (in other threads) is that Pence's fingerprints are all over these appointments. So it doesn't surprise me in the least that people who don't care or know anything about a certain agency are nominated to run them. It is very NORMAL for GOP presidents to do this.

Trump can nominate whoever he wants. I'm just going to take notes and pass the popcorn
Who's "the pothead?"

Old 12-13-2016, 03:41 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,652,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Who's "the pothead?"
Gary Johnson.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:03 PM

6,626 posts, read 5,045,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

I am with you, thats my read I kept thinking this what I would imagine a Huckabee or Santorum cabinet would look like. Incidentally those people polled at 10% of the GOP same as Pence would have polled if he ran in the primaries but somehow we end up with their cabinet.
There is nothing you can say to the old basket, they are all in, clearly anyone thats paying attention can see that trumps populism is all flash, his appointments are people that were opposed to the department they are heading almost comically so, I like Gen Mathis, I think he is level headed and academically inclined other than that its pretty bad, but hey its their turn so you just hold your nose for the next couple of years, hope for Judge Ginsberg good health and you know make sure trump has enough rope.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:09 PM

26,232 posts, read 22,402,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
It is very ironic and I guess those rust belt white got exactly as they wished!
Can you be specific about who you consider "rust belt white"? Do you have an issue with the working class? It seems you have a problem with the rich also. You do realize that it took more than "rust belt whites" to help Trump beat the pantsuit off of the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary Clinton, right?

It is over for Hillary and if the Democrats don't quit crying over her loss, they are going to totally destroy the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has provcen to have a lot of very weak individuals that are not able to handle a loss. If one can't handle a loss of their "horse" in the race, they shouldn't have been betting!

Old 12-13-2016, 05:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,943,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
It is very ironic and I guess those rust belt white got exactly as they wished!
I admit that all the military generals and all the rich billionaires are bad optics. It doesn't look good. But on the other hand, success begets success. The argument could be made that who better would know how to get things done than the people who've done it before? I mean what's he supposed to do, go down to mainstreet and ask a common-man shop keeper "hey, you wanna cabinet position?

Regardless, your thread title reeks of elitism and arrogance, and this election has been defined by all those people you look down your nose at telling you they don't really give a d*** what you think about them, so sit in that and stew!

Old 12-13-2016, 09:20 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,855,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I am an engineer, but to the loser left I'm just some mouth breathing Trump voter. You know it's true.
Ok so the left are Ivy league educated and with that comes arrogance. But somehow their supporters need Obamacare subsidies. Oh yes, that's the other end of the left's spectrum, the people the Ivy leaguers look down on and use.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:32 PM

20,184 posts, read 23,940,411 times
Ivy League are not as smart as they would want you to believe... that's not to say there aren't smart people there, however the number of smart people is only a very small percentage, there aren't that many bright people in the country to keep the Ivy League doors open... some of the smartest people (Einstein smart) that I have met are from public universities..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections