Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:00 PM

27,724 posts, read 16,230,747 times

Advertisements

just looking for an angle to HATE.. so typical of the left.. F EM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
CNN is a racist, misogynist, ageist organization for talking about old white men.
absolutely.. this ^coming from a red left handed lez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 08:16 PM

610 posts, read 535,541 times
It looks like, with this dramatic election, CNN as well as the Dems have gone into the toilet. Time to flush...I'm calling my cable company tomorrow to see if I can delete them. We never watch but I don't want a dime of my monthly charge to go to them.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:09 PM

649 posts, read 317,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post
It looks like, with this dramatic election, CNN as well as the Dems have gone into the toilet. Time to flush...I'm calling my cable company tomorrow to see if I can delete them. We never watch but I don't want a dime of my monthly charge to go to them.
They both were already in the toilet , they just convinced each other they wasn't , they didn't fool smart people though , they just fooled themselves .

Old 12-15-2016, 01:20 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,922,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Totally agree. Which is the wrong decision (to fill a quota rather than a skillset).
So then what's you're beef?

Maybe Trump thinks these people are the most qualified for the positions he's put them in, and it is his decision to make, given that, you know, he won and all.

There's nothing that would suggest to me that he picked any of these people simply because they're white.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:38 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,905,672 times
I would rather have the most qualified people available in charge rather than meet some AA quota system. Our country is in trouble. 20 trillion in debt. Our Military is fighting in how many countries now. Illegal immigration on the rise. I don't care if Trump picks purple and green people for his cabinet. I want people who know what to do and do it, not people who are more worried about what is PC and simply make decisions based upon what is the most PC ideal.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:15 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,356,154 times
All I care about, and all anyone should care about, is the ability of these people to get the job done.
Skin color should make NO DIFFERENCE. Or gender, or anything else.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:32 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,777,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Does no one know how to read in this damn thread? I'm not taking a side other than this:

1) Get the best people

2) If you can fulfill #1 while actually attempting to reflect the diverse nature of this country, do that. If not, meet #1.

I'm not judging Obama, Hillary, or anyone else. I'm disappointed in Trumps picks because I don't think he's even hit criteria number 1, or even pretended to care about number two.

That's it. This whole damn forum is on crazy pills trying to read crap into comments that isn't there.
So for the past 8 years the most qualified people in the country just happened to be very disproportionately black? Obama played racial politics to the max. That was his top priority.

That Trump's filter for qualifications is different than Obama's does not mean they are unqualified. The division in the country is such that if she were still alive and if she were a US citizen, and Trump wanted to make Mother Theresa the US Ambassador to the Vatican, the left would scream and holler that she was unqualified and that she was too Catholic and couldn't possibly represent the diversity of the US. Being it is assured that anyone Trump nominates would be unacceptable to the left, it is pretty hard to take any complaints seriously. The boy who cried wolf and all.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:15 AM

772 posts, read 392,226 times
CNN is a racist network.

The color card is all they have left to play.

President Trump has several women in his cabinet, so they can't play the women card.

Dr. Ben Carson will head up HUD and is an African American, but I guess he doesn't count to CNN.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:30 AM

13,970 posts, read 8,136,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Because the left (which CNN belongs to) has nothing left besides identity politics.
I watched Van Jones interview a woman (long-time Dem supporter) who refused to vote for Clinton. The woman explained why she didn't vote for Clinton or Trump for that matter.

Then Jones pressed her with, "But she`s a woman!" Identity politics personified.

She`s a woman, you`re a woman. So why didn`t you vote for her?

Old 12-18-2016, 04:08 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,732,972 times
Race huckstering is one of CNN's mainstays these days.

How many times did they repeat the lie "Hands UP Don't Shoot"?

Have they ever said "Pants Up Don't Loot"? Nope.

It's not any more complicated than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections