Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 04:24 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

Trump Tells Tech Leaders, 'No Formal Chain of Command Around Here' - ABC News

Heard this earlier during his impromptu conference in front of the press. Pretty odd thing for a CinC to say. Couldn't believe my ears.

Early incompetence showing?

#heoverhishead

Old 12-14-2016, 04:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
What does this have to do with the election?

BTW, ABC was 100% wrong about Trump. Said he wasn't even a real candidate and had no chance of winning.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:28 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trump Tells Tech Leaders, 'No Formal Chain of Command Around Here' - ABC News

Heard this earlier during his impromptu conference in front of the press. Pretty odd thing for a CinC to say.

Early incompetence showing?
I don't think Trump had a clue what to say to tech leaders. They don't need him, their businesses are doing great. Apparently Trump doesn't use computers, just his smartphone.

Trump

Tech leaders lean left (except Trump's buddy Peter Thiel) and while they will hear him out, he has little to tell them. He can't demand they move their companies to Appalachia and hire coal miners. Even Trump doesn't manufacture in the U.S. It sounds like it was just a meeting to garner a headline.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:35 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,643,887 times
Don't think it's incompetence at all. If he were incompetent, he would've bankrupt his dad's real estate business. This sounds like he's more casual and personable than any other president. Every other president has always seemed inaccessible and very formal. Donald has shown us that he seems friendlier than anyone else. And I don't think he was referring to his overall administration. That if these tech people want to reach him easily, they can. I don't know how true that is because I'm sure all calls are screened, but that's what he wants. Quite frankly, if I heard someone saying that, I would feel encouraged, that he was willing to hear me out and that I can feel free to contact him.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:37 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
What is the "formal" chain of command for the president's staff?

Old 12-14-2016, 04:42 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't think Trump had a clue what to say to tech leaders. They don't need him, their businesses are doing great. Apparently Trump doesn't use computers, just his smartphone.

Trump

Tech leaders lean left (except Trump's buddy Peter Thiel) and while they will hear him out, he has little to tell them. He can't demand they move their companies to Appalachia and hire coal miners. Even Trump doesn't manufacture in the U.S. It sounds like it was just a meeting to garner a headline.
If they don't need him why did they meet with him?

Old 12-14-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
Don't think it's incompetence at all. If he were incompetent, he would've bankrupt his dad's real estate business. This sounds like he's more casual and personable than any other president. Every other president has always seemed inaccessible and very formal. Donald has shown us that he seems friendlier than anyone else. And I don't think he was referring to his overall administration. That if these tech people want to reach him easily, they can. I don't know how true that is because I'm sure all calls are screened, but that's what he wants. Quite frankly, if I heard someone saying that, I would feel encouraged, that he was willing to hear me out and that I can feel free to contact him.
Open Door Policy is pretty good for a small business, but not for Corporations being allowed direct access to the POTUS. Also bypasses cabinet members who are responsible to tackling issues that surface and bringing them to the POTUS. "No formal chain" isn't how our country is run. There is definitely a formal chain. There needs to be.

BTW, Trump has had several bankruptcies, business failures.

Donald Trump's Many Business Failures, Explained

Old 12-14-2016, 04:48 PM

575 posts, read 298,865 times
Quote:
Open Door Policy is pretty good for a small business, but not for Corporations being allowed direct access to the POTUS. Also bypasses cabinet members who are responsible to tackling issues that surface and bringing them to the POTUS. "No formal chain" isn't how our country is run. There is definitely a formal chain. There needs to be.

BTW, Trump has had several bankruptcies, business failures.

Donald Trump's Many Business Failures, Explained
This will all change when he starts his new job. That should keep him busy

Old 12-14-2016, 04:48 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Open Door Policy
LOL.

Newsweek? They also said Hillary had won the election.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
This will all change when he starts his new job. That should keep him busy
#overhishead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections