Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 10:41 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,067,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes, it is illegal. Anti-nepotism laws were passed during the Kennedy years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
5 U.S. Code § 3110 - Employment of relatives; restrictions

(b)
A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official. An individual may not be appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in or to a civilian position in an agency if such appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement has been advocated by a public official, serving in or exercising jurisdiction or control over the agency, who is a relative of the individual.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/3110

Anything else?
Which one of Trumps children have been given paid positions in his administration?

Old 12-15-2016, 10:44 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,347,119 times
Like I said, Trump's kids are leeches. Trump just isn't knowledgeable to be President, he's going to need his kids help and then some!

Old 12-15-2016, 10:49 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,067,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Like I said, Trump's kids are leeches. Trump just isn't knowledgeable to be President, he's going to need his kids help and then some!
You also said Hillary Clinton would win.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:01 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,330,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Which one of Trumps children have been given paid positions in his administration?
None, nor does he have an administration yet.

All the hand wringing is being done in advance of anything. That being said, past actions are the best predictor of future behavior, and it seems highly likely that his shenanigans will continue unabated after January 20th.

I'm just the bearer of information. The provision that everyone is talking about is there. They don't have to be paid to be in violation, they just have to be taking someone else's job. Will he, won't he? Don't know. I want the best for the country for the next four years, but decisions to this point are very worrying in terms of the quality/depth of some of his choices. Most I don't have an issue or problem with. You're swapping one talking head for the other. The only thing that will change is the slant of the noise.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:04 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,566,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
You didn't elect anyone, unless you voted for Trump.
The ONLY people electing any POTUS are members of the Electoral College so even those who voted for Lil' Donny Thin Skin in November didn't elect him POTUS..

Old 12-15-2016, 01:02 PM

13,610 posts, read 10,027,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Obviously you know the answer to that question, so let me double down on stupid questions:

1. Is Trump in office yet, or is he still the President Elect?
2. Was there a problem during the campaign when his kids were involved?

He wasn't POTUS then, and he isnt POTUS today, nothing wrong with the same people helping him figure out his plans.
The same people that are "helping him figure it out" (ie influencing the highest level cabinet positions and policy) are going to be running his international business, that they all have a stake in, once he takes office.

You don't think there may be an inherit bias toward policy favorable to the Family Business? Policy that may be more beneficial to Trump Inc than the United States Of America?

Because I do.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:29 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,542,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The same people that are "helping him figure it out" (ie influencing the highest level cabinet positions and policy) are going to be running his international business, that they all have a stake in, once he takes office.

You don't think there may be an inherit bias toward policy favorable to the Family Business? Policy that may be more beneficial to Trump Inc than the United States Of America?

Because I do.
Trump said once that he could shoot someone and not lose voters. You think he cares about breaking ethical rules? You think he's going to forget his pride and joy LLC to fulfill his POTUS responsibilities? He's going to push the envelope with his business while being our so-called leader. Impeachment proceedings in the forecast. Believe me.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:33 PM

33,335 posts, read 12,645,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
suck it up: butter cup seems to apply here. Why does this bother you so much?
It bothers her because Trump's win denied her being able to enjoy the symbolism of a first female POTUS getting elected, and this is made exponentially worse because the person who denied her that enjoyment is the 'grab the p***y' guy.

Quote:
Maybe you need yoga or maybe a service dog to help you cope?
LOL.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:37 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,542,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You also said Hillary Clinton would win.
And so thought the Donald and much of the country....

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/

Old 12-15-2016, 02:45 PM

40,990 posts, read 49,352,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Shame Obama didn't ask his kids for a little help. He might have done a better job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections