Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 07:21 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times

Advertisements

It looks a lot like Saddam, Uday, and Qusay, don't it now? I didn't think we did that in America.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:49 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As I stated, I agree with you. I don't think that a President's family should be all that involved as they have no elected or nominated status. What I am saying is that it's not illegal and that the Democrats were the schmucks that got the ball rolling for it. I do hope that Donald Trump puts everything into a blind trust -- which necessitates that those running his business affairs would be politically uninvolved. That's the gentlemen's rule and it's certainly for the best. But Trump can ignore that rule if he chooses. I don't honestly know what the man is going to do and I don't particularly trust him -- which is why I didn't vote for him in the first place. I also don't view a Trump presidency as the end of the world as we know it and find all the Hillary loving liberals absolutely freaking out to be one of the funniest and weirdest things I've seen in my entire life.

As for Melania and Baron living in New York on the taxpayer's dime ... what are you talking about? Melania and Baron will live in Trump Tower until the end of the school year. When did the American taxpayer start paying for that? I won't be at all surprised if Donald Trump refuses the $400,000 presidential salary. He's already said, "Don't bother" on creating a brand new $4 billion Air Force One. While it's all just a drop in the bucket of the federal budget, he seems keen on the government not wasting money on him. I'd say that's a good thing, wouldn't you?
He wouldn't be using the new Airforce One.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:51 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You are attributing a false reason to the true story here. There is literally zero wrong with whats going on, it doesn't matter if people "care" or "don't care" when there is nothing illegal going on. Saying you don't care implies that maybe some folks do care and that means its a legitimate issue...dont give these folks any ground in thinking they have a leg to stand on with all of their complaining.
I see your point.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:18 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Is it against the law for a presidents children to serve in some capacity ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes, it is illegal. Anti-nepotism laws were passed during the Kennedy years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Please cite the exact law that Trump is breaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
5 U.S. Code § 3110 - Employment of relatives; restrictions

(b)
A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official. An individual may not be appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in or to a civilian position in an agency if such appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement has been advocated by a public official, serving in or exercising jurisdiction or control over the agency, who is a relative of the individual.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/3110

Anything else?
Nice try.

The president is exempt from this law.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:20 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Okay that addresses the "blind trust" half of the question. It does not address the, "Why is your family setting policy, making decisions and acting the part of an elected official???" piece of it. Bill Clinton had no intention of sitting back and doing nothing.
Have you seen Bill Clinton lately? The guy is slowing down, odds are he just wants to relax.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The ONLY people electing any POTUS are members of the Electoral College so even those who voted for Lil' Donny Thin Skin in November didn't elect him POTUS..
Their vote told the electors how to vote.

The electors are just message boys in most cases.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trump said once that he could shoot someone and not lose voters. You think he cares about breaking ethical rules? You think he's going to forget his pride and joy LLC to fulfill his POTUS responsibilities? He's going to push the envelope with his business while being our so-called leader. Impeachment proceedings in the forecast. Believe me.
Impeachment for what?

There is no law stopping him from benefiting his businesses.

In fact, if he improves the economy, his businesses WILL benefit.

What do you want -- a depression?

Old 12-15-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
However, I take exception to your comment "voted for the other team" since many Republicans are encouraging Trump to divest from his business operations. It's like saying being concerned about the Russian hacking is a Democratic conspiracy when Lindsey Graham, John McCain and many other Republican members of Congress are concerned about Trump's refusal to acknowledge Russia's involvement.
None of these people were worked up about SUPPOSED Russian hacking BEFORE Trump was elected.

John McCain and Lindsey Graham were opposed to Trump all along.

The CIA and other intel agencies have refused to come before Congress in closed session and present any evidence of Russian hacking.

And Julian Assange has flatly said that he didn't get the DNC and Podesta emails from the Russians.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Uh no, that charitable organization was selling influence to despots and others worldwide. The Clinton Foundation was defacto an unelected and unaccountable branch of govt.
Exactly.

There is plenty of evidence that Hillary used her position as Secretary of State to benefit Clinton Foundation donors.

For example, signing off on a deal under which Russia (the big Democratic boogeyman now, but obviously not then) got 20% of U.S. uranium.

Combine this with her private unsecured server that anyone (including Russia) could hack, and then compare all of it to the leaking of emails showing Democrats trying to rig the election (sending rent-a-thugs to Trump rallies, feeding debate questions to Hillary in advance, etc.) and all of this sudden Democratic "concern" about Russian hacking (which is totally unproven) is beyond ridiculous.

Trump said he didn't want to "hurt" Hillary.

But with all of these antics going on (with her tacit approval) I am hoping that Trump's attorney general will go after her, her husband, and the rest of the crooks associated with the Obama administration, including Obama himself.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It looks a lot like Saddam, Uday, and Qusay, don't it now? I didn't think we did that in America.
No, we just do Mugabe in Zimbabwe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections