Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 01:02 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,513,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Since nobody can tell Trump anything. He will find out he can't just do as he pleases even as President....
hopefully during his impeachment hearings this will be explained to him

http://images.dailykos.com/images/25...jpg?1465087934

Old 12-16-2016, 01:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,450,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
hopefully during his impeachment hearings this will be explained to him

http://images.dailykos.com/images/25...jpg?1465087934
Dream on.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:33 AM

30,543 posts, read 19,295,080 times
The Trump kids were on the ballot the whole time.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:41 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,433,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Bill Clinton would not be running any businesses if Hillary won the election. In fact, Bill Clinton gave interviews and even released a letter in which he discussed in detail how he would step down from the Clinton Foundation. He also said that all of the charities involved would no longer accept donations from foreign countries. If Hillary won of course both of them would stop making paid speeches, and so on.

This was all discussed openly before the election.

Which has nothing to do with this thread.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:52 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,752,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I think my last post answered your question. I doubt if anyone cares if Ivanka gives her father advice. It would be impossible to ask any person to separate himself from his children. However, she's been deeply involved in his real estate business and she has her own jewelry line.

Regarding Bill Clinton, as we've been reminded over and over and over, Hillary didn't win, so nobody can answer this question. It was just something she said on the campaign trail. He definitely would not be able to serve as an official member of his wife's cabinet, but it's a dead issue. As I already stated, I don't think any reasonable person is concerned that Trump's family is advising the President-Elect, only that they are involved in running private businesses while helping select members of his cabinet and meeting with foreign leaders.
Odd, I thought that having his kids playing at politics was the OP's primary complaint. Did I miss something?

Old 12-16-2016, 08:04 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,563,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
It's corrupt.

Read this.

Educate yourself.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...JfJ/story.html

LOL

"Educate yourself" - - read this opinion piece.

LOL

Old 12-16-2016, 10:20 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,740,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Obviously Trump supporters don't care, they would be fine if Trump gave the kids keys to the United States Mint.

Every day is "take your kids to work day" when you're Donald Trump — at least it's starting to seem that way. The president-elect met Wednesday with top technology executives in Trump Tower in New York City, and it turned out that his adult children Ivanka, Donald Jr., and Eric Trump had come along for the ride:

Donald Trump brings his 'blind trust' to meeting with tech executives
I am starting to wonder if pater has some mental or other deficiency that requires this constant attendance.

Many have argued that he would tell them what transpired anyway, but maybe he's not capable of cogently transmitting the information or even actually understanding what is happening in the moment.

Does kind of make one go "hmmm..."

Old 12-17-2016, 12:29 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,450,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I am starting to wonder if pater has some mental or other deficiency that requires this constant attendance.

Many have argued that he would tell them what transpired anyway, but maybe he's not capable of cogently transmitting the information or even actually understanding what is happening in the moment.

Does kind of make one go "hmmm..."
Maybe his kids are just interested in sitting in on the meetings.

I would be, if I were them.

At any rate, it's none of your business.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:24 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,578,066 times
Re the OP, it's ''Trumpland'' where ''anything goes'', that's how it happens.
Won't be long before it will be ''The United States of Trump'' and we will all be ''Trumpites'' or ''Trumpicans'' or whatever.
Truth probably is that his kids are the only ones who will put up with him for any long haul. He destroys anyone who does not agree with him or projects his own failings onto them as a way to take the focus off his own short-comings.
It's corrupt all right, but it's not going to be challenged or change.
We are all being played daily in the biggest con in the history of our country.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:46 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,077,897 times
I do not have a problem with Mr Trump's accomplished adult children participating in the transition. Though a president-elect, he is essentially still a private citizen. It is his right to organize and staff his transition as he see fit. Btw, Tiffany Trump is not yet an accomplished adult and so is not included in the transition team.

Yet another immature premise and fail at stirring up controversy. Beginning to think this poster is just trolling, the logic is so weak to non-existent. Perhaps she should be put on ignore?

Does make for entertainment though, as the posts give an incite into left coast thought process. Oh my, an oxymoron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections