Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 01:15 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,455,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Perfectly stated:

What Trump plans to do isn’t blind. It isn’t even near-sighted. And he should not get away with it. It could end up looking a lot like the pay-to-play corruption he connected to the Clinton Foundation. On steroids.

...He’s exempting himself from the corruption standard he applied so relentlessly to Clinton.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...JfJ/story.html
Too bad.

He doesn't have to put his business in a blind trust.

The president and vice president are exempt from having to do that.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Having a wife that gets involved in one particular issue vs. three kids that now attend every meeting while also managing his personal businesses is not the same thing. So now, if Democrats are in power they don't even have to have hearings on a Republican SC nominee, they don't have to reveal their tax returns and they can involve all their kids in running the country while the wife lives in another city on the taxpayer's dime? Oh and they can keep all their businesses, profit while in office and Republicans are not going to take issue with any of that? Is that the new precedent? Where the president's kids interview the secretary of the interior because they have a personal interest in hunting?
Somebody call a whambulance.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Is it against the law for a presidents children to serve in some capacity ?
Nope.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Got it. So Trump is king and we have a monarchy?
Kings don't get elected.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:36 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,760,270 times
Quote:
Having a wife that gets involved in one particular issue vs. three kids that now attend every meeting while also managing his personal businesses is not the same thing. So now, if Democrats are in power they don't even have to have hearings on a Republican SC nominee, they don't have to reveal their tax returns and they can involve all their kids in running the country while the wife lives in another city on the taxpayer's dime? Oh and they can keep all their businesses, profit while in office and Republicans are not going to take issue with any of that? Is that the new precedent? Where the president's kids interview the secretary of the interior because they have a personal interest in hunting?
As I stated, I agree with you. I don't think that a President's family should be all that involved as they have no elected or nominated status. What I am saying is that it's not illegal and that the Democrats were the schmucks that got the ball rolling for it. I do hope that Donald Trump puts everything into a blind trust -- which necessitates that those running his business affairs would be politically uninvolved. That's the gentlemen's rule and it's certainly for the best. But Trump can ignore that rule if he chooses. I don't honestly know what the man is going to do and I don't particularly trust him -- which is why I didn't vote for him in the first place. I also don't view a Trump presidency as the end of the world as we know it and find all the Hillary loving liberals absolutely freaking out to be one of the funniest and weirdest things I've seen in my entire life.

As for Melania and Baron living in New York on the taxpayer's dime ... what are you talking about? Melania and Baron will live in Trump Tower until the end of the school year. When did the American taxpayer start paying for that? I won't be at all surprised if Donald Trump refuses the $400,000 presidential salary. He's already said, "Don't bother" on creating a brand new $4 billion Air Force One. While it's all just a drop in the bucket of the federal budget, he seems keen on the government not wasting money on him. I'd say that's a good thing, wouldn't you?

Old 12-15-2016, 02:39 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,760,270 times
Quote:
Got it. So Trump is king and we have a monarchy?
Hillary Clinton getting elected would have been the continuation of a monarchical dynasty, undoubtedly with Chelsea Clinton waiting in the wings to run next. Trump getting elected prevented that monarchy.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I was listening to NPR today and a legal expert said the Federal conflict of issue for government employees doesn't apply to the POTUS, but the Constitution clearly states that he cannot accept "gifts" from foreign governments.

Here's one example:

Bahrain to host event at Trump's D.C. hotel, raising ethical concerns
Nice try.

A "gift" means you get something without giving anything in return.

Bahrain is getting stuff from Trump for the money it's "giving" -- like hotel rooms, food, liquor, etc.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,906,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I was listening to NPR today and a legal expert said the Federal conflict of issue for government employees doesn't apply to the POTUS, but the Constitution clearly states that he cannot accept "gifts" from foreign governments.

Here's one example:

Bahrain to host event at Trump's D.C. hotel, raising ethical concerns
Actually that can't be. When the Clintons left the white house and were caught stealing. They claimed they weren't stealing, that they thought all that stuff was gifts from while Bill was the Prez. We all know Hillary and Bill would never lie. Not on purpose right?

Old 12-15-2016, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Fighting to cure cancer and solve the cyber security crises.
Maybe Obama the Wonderful should have fought to solve the "cyber security crisis" starting eight years ago.

The idea that the Democrats were ever worried about cyber security before Trump got elected is ridiculous on its face.

When Hillary used a private unsecured server that ANYONE could hack, it was "no big deal" according to the Dems.

LOL

Old 12-15-2016, 04:26 AM

23,302 posts, read 29,167,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Fear not come January they will be out in the WhiteHouse garden tilling the soil to grow some fresh organic veggies for all the school children in America.
His 2 sons are bossy, dictatorial Capricorns and so is his son-in-law, Jared. They're never happier when they're leading, telling people what to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections