Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:49 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,618,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I can only judge by your posts. Every one of them is criticizing Republicans and Trump no matter what they propose and no matter what they do without ever giving anything a chance to play out regardless that Trump isn't even President yet
I know a lot of people like yourself who only know two political stances: conservative or liberal. There's no in-between with you people. Pretty shallow way of thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 08:53 AM

17,435 posts, read 11,456,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I know a lot of people like yourself who only know two political stances: conservative or liberal. There's no in-between with you people. Pretty shallow way of thinking.
Still, when you can show me any post or thread you created, not going 100% in a liberal direction, let me know. Nothing you post is centrist. It's all far left.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:04 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Quote:
Talk is cheap.

It was you who told us for 1.5 years that Trump would not stay in the race, would not win primary, GOP would not let him be nominated, would not win against Clinton, etc. ad nauseam.

Then when proved wrong, hid from this forum for more than a month. This speaks for shallow thinking.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:14 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,055,545 times
The media is about as reliable and trustworthy as, oh, say The View. I don't remember which network she's on, but this morning I watched a snippet of that incredibly buggy eyes so-called journalist, Cookie or Snookie Something or Other, and she was nothing but opinion and snark. All negative toward Trump. My God, she's a hideous waft of sewer gas, and she's considered a news person.

I turned it off. That crap has no business being part of a 'news' cast.

Edit: Cokie is the scum's name.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:23 AM

993 posts, read 772,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Trump has already buried the MSM media. It's a done deal and a huge reason for his growing success.

It will be in history books as the turning point.

Good topic, thanks for the thread.
You're right. It is a turning point in our democracy. Our press will no longer have the freedom to operate without interference or censorship. All praise Trump.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,393,776 times
Quote:
Something tells me that Trump will have a head-to-head fight with the press and networks on a regular basis. He'll reward the obsequious sycophants (AKA FAUX NEWS) with front row seats while the other networks will be relegated to the janitor's closet.

Priebus floats shake-up for White House press corps | TheHill
The real "faux news" is all of the so-called "mainstream" media, which have been lying to the public for many, many years, but especially this last election cycle, with their lies about Hillary being way ahead in the 'polls' (which they created to show this) and Trump not having a snowball's chance in hell of winning. They create a 'narrative' and everyone repeats it, often nearly word for word.

Fox will be allowed at press briefings, because they have not engaged in this effort to destroy Trump, at least not the way the "Clinton News Networks" have. Other independent media will also be allowed.

But the President is under no obligation to even hold these briefings. These are relatively new to our modern era. I don't blame him one bit for kicking these fake journalists out.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:32 AM

19,118 posts, read 12,850,053 times
Quote:
State controlled media is Trump's goal. Envies what Putin has going.

Donald Trump Wants To 'Open Up' Libel Laws So He Can Sue News Outlets : NPR
You really shouldn't be posting around the forum while you have unanswered statements in other threads. You made the statement that Trump had promised a Blind Trust, and after everyone challenged you to provide a direct quote you just ignored the thread and stopped posting.

I mean that's certainly your right, but as a result you have very little credibility on anything else

Old 12-15-2016, 09:34 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,055,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You really shouldn't be posting around the forum while you have unanswered statements in other threads. You made the statement that Trump had promised a Blind Trump, and after everyone challenged you to provide a direct quote you just ignored the thread and stopped posting.

I mean that's certainly your right, but as a result you have very little credibility on anything else
That's the truth. Thankfully, I only see the posts when someone quotes him.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:37 AM

19,118 posts, read 12,850,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Next time find a candidate that is not disliked. Democrats elected Trump.
Everyone knows that Sanders was sandbagged by the DNC, but what everyone forgets is that Joe Biden wanted to run and he would easily have beaten Trump. But that wasn't possible because Clinton had pulled in her decades of favors to get the nomination fixed for her.

That worked out real well, huh?

On the other hand, the GOP who hated Trump decided to let the democratic process run its course in spite of the risks and they thought they were finished but guess what, they let the popular candidate win and it turned out that popular candidates get elected.

Whoda thunkit?

Old 12-15-2016, 09:38 AM

451 posts, read 237,521 times
Quote:
Lets see....front Row: representatives from Drudge Report, Faux, Breitbart, Newsmax.

Second row: Bill O'Reilly' Show Rep, Sean Hannity Show, Rush Limbaugh Show

Third row: Glenn Beck, Hugh Hewitt Show, Laura Ingraham Show

Janitor's Closet: NYT, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN

DC Prison: MSNBC/Morning Joe/Rachel Maddow/Chris Matthews
Sounds good to me! Except for Rachel Madcow. Her spot would be on the White House lawn. Preferably where Fido relieves himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections