Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 08:00 PM

32,328 posts, read 15,277,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump!
The one percent is taking over our country with Trump and his cabinet picks. Do you really think they care about us little people. If they cared then they would have used their money a long time ago to help like Bill and Melinda have done. So what exactly do you think Trump and his elites are going to do for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 08:04 PM

32,328 posts, read 15,277,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
No WONDER the Left fears Putin: He is a bad-ass.

"Boot to the head, gun to the face... You cannot survive in Russian prison." - Tales From The Gulag.
No one fears the former leader of the KGB. Putin is just trying to be relevant again.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:07 PM

1,180 posts, read 786,465 times
Hillary Clinton looks and acts like the female President in "24."

Old 12-16-2016, 08:12 PM

1,180 posts, read 786,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The one percent is taking over our country with Trump and his cabinet picks. Do you really think they care about us little people. If they cared then they would have used their money a long time ago to help like Bill and Melinda have done. So what exactly do you think Trump and his elites are going to do for you.
See the stock markets? We only care about jobs and money. Spare me your Democrata.

Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump!

Old 12-16-2016, 09:28 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,935,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The more I hear Bernie Sanders , the more I like him. The man is sensible, smart, articulate, and experienced. I wish the Democrats had fronted him, I think he would have done so much better than Hillary.

It is a long shot that the electoral college will overturn anything, but it is sure worth the try. There is growing dislike for Trump, even among some of his followers. Only the hardcore are still not seeing the light.
Sorry, but you have that exactly backwards. I know it soothes your ruffled feathers to tell lies to your self, but what you say is not true. Many of the Trump haters are now meeting with him and come away with a whole new respect.
Everyone who meets him likes him, that includes several black leaders as well, so keep up wit the lies if it makes you feel better.
America got it right, they got the best man possible as our new president. You are soon going to be singing his praises. America won the election...

Last edited by Grumpy ol' Man; 12-16-2016 at 09:37 PM..

Old 12-17-2016, 06:02 AM

451 posts, read 237,560 times
If I was a GOP elector and these loonies were telling me to "vote my conscience" I would tell them " I am...I am voting for Trump! Now what?"

THis would only strengthen my resolve to vote for Trump! Can't wait to call him President Trump!!!!!

Old 12-17-2016, 07:00 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Nancy Pelosi's deranged daughter has lost her bid to get an intelligence briefing handed to them before the electoral college vote on Monday.

Sorry Democrats=> NO Intel Briefing Before Monday's Electoral College Vote

Old 12-17-2016, 08:27 AM

18,339 posts, read 26,611,040 times
Both candidates were absurd choices this year, maybe Trump winning will wake up the parties to run good candidates next time. I won't hold my breath though.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:59 AM

12,685 posts, read 6,777,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
It's worth a try, Trump is too immature and uncouth to be President.

Long-Shot to Block Trump Lands at Electoral College Monday
History repeats itself. In 1824, most of your political elite thought exactly the same thing about Andrew Jackson, the disreputable upstart from Tennessee. He won sufficient electors to become president handily, but the Electoral College went for John Quincy Adams instead. The American people were pissed and it hasn't happened since. The next election, Andrew Jackson won by an even bigger margin. Now I don't personally think Andrew Jackson was that great, but history tends to disagree with me there. He was one of the most loved presidents ever, with him and his goofy hair on every twenty dollar bill to this day. Jackson was certainly not considered "presidential" enough by many, much like Trump today.

Today is different. Unlike 1824 where electors were free to do whatever they wanted, today every single elector has promised to vote for their party's nominee. That means 306 people are being asked to break their word of honor and vote for somebody else. Any elector who changes their vote is going to have to wear that shame for the rest of their life. If the EC were to elect Hillary, it's going to be absolute chaos. I strongly doubt that'll happen. Republican electors are ... well ... Republicans. They'll vote for Kasich or Rubio or Paul or Romney some other Republican. And there certainly won't be enough of them voting for the same person to win. And there are rules in place stopping many of them. Case in point, a Michigan elector who votes for anyone else will have their vote invalidated. Many faithless electors may face steep fines and even jail time. Let's face it, if you signed a legally binding contract to vote for a specific person and then break that contract, there are legal consequences. Let's face it, if roles were reversed then Democrats would be having an absolute conniption fit.

This will certainly go down as the most tampered with Electoral College in living memory. We'll see what happens on Monday.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:43 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,342,864 times
I'm glad the liberal Hollywood actors have come around and finally endorsed Trump as our 45th President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_8e_x0rb8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections