Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 10:59 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,744,182 times

Advertisements

This is funny.
According to reports, Trump cannot find anyone who wants to perform at his inauguration.
His people are alleged to have offered ambassadorships to two talent agents in return for commitments from their talent.

Could be so much BS, then again, sounds very Trumpian.

"According to two talent bookers who spoke anonymously to the Wrap, Trump’s Presidential Inaugural Committee offered to reward them with ambassador positions if they could procure top singers to perform."

Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 11:05 AM

22,514 posts, read 12,061,154 times
Really?

Teen Jackie Evancho first singer confirmed for Trump inauguration | Reuters

And then again, there is this:

Jackie Evancho Says She is Being Cyber-Bullied Over Donald Trump Inauguration Performance | Billboard

It's amazing just how low libs will go.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:49 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,752,534 times
Ambassadorships? I'd read that he was willing to pay big money, guess that wasn't enough. I've never heard of Jackie Evancho, but if he has her, Ted Nugent and Kid Rock, that's probably all his supporters will need or expect. He could have Scott Baio introduce them.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:52 AM

6,268 posts, read 5,084,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This is funny.
According to reports, Trump cannot find anyone who wants to perform at his inauguration.
His people are alleged to have offered ambassadorships to two talent agents in return for commitments from their talent.

"According to two talent bookers who spoke anonymously to the Wrap, Trump’s Presidential Inaugural Committee offered to reward them with ambassador positions if they could procure top singers to perform."

Trump
I doubt if Beyonce or Madonna will be performing but the story about Trump not being able to find anyone to perform is fake. My brother-in-law used to be a professional singer and musician back in the day. He knew and/or performed with many professional groups that those who live on the elite coasts would laugh at. He spent a night in Memphis - an all nighter - singing gospel songs in a hotel room with Elvis Presley. Not jut the two of them - there were others there as well.

When my husband and I first read the story about nobody wanting to perform we called his brother/my brother-in-law - who called one of the Oak Ridge Boys - who talked to their booking agent. The Oak Ridge Boys are already tied up with a booking they've had for over a year and can't get out of. But the agent made some calls in Nashville. There are performers lining up for the inauguration.

I read a story yesterday that none of the schools in the DC area will have their marching bands at the inauguration as they have done in years past. I say SCREW the school administrations for that. This is an opportunity that these kids will get once in their lifetimes and they have been cheated out of that opportunity. I hope that schools from all over the country find a way to attend and do their thing.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:54 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,041,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I wondered how long it would take. Libs never surprise me. They were all over those little girls who sang the "Over Here, Over There" song at one of Trump's rallies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Ambassadorships? I'd read that he was willing to pay big money, guess that wasn't enough. I've never heard of Jackie Evancho, but if he has her, Ted Nugent and Kid Rock, that's probably all his supporters will need or expect. He could have Scott Baio introduce them.
Stop it. Just freaking stop it! If you don't know who she is, you have no business being UGLY about her.

Pathetic. Disgusting. Typical. But definitely expected.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:56 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,752,534 times
Country singers would be perfect for Trump. No need for ambassadorships. I don't know anyone even interested in watching on TV; these are all fine. The people that buy tickets to large name performers usually don't vote for Trump and those performers probably don't want to alienate that audience. The south is blood red so country singers make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Stop it. Just freaking stop it! If you don't know who she is, you have no business being UGLY about her.

Pathetic. Disgusting. Typical. But definitely expected.
What in my comment was ugly about her? I don't know her and said so. Not one single negative comment about her, I don't know her.

Last edited by Seacove; 12-16-2016 at 12:31 PM..

Old 12-16-2016, 12:18 PM

15,005 posts, read 12,212,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This is funny.

Trump
Ahh yes, another "reported" claim made by "anonymous" sources in yet another sore loser bastion of yellow journalism still licking their wounds over the fact that the candidate they hate, regard as a threat and have vowed to destroy won the election despite all attempts at keeping him from doing so.

This article, like others of the same ilk, just sounds petty and childish as though it had been conjured up by middle school girls talking about the umpopular kid with the glasses.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:22 PM

15,005 posts, read 12,212,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
This is true, I would imagine any performer who accepts an invitiation to perform at Trump's inauguration will be threatened, intimidated, or whatever it takes in attempts to stoo them, by the liberal Trump haters. It's what they do.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:24 PM

27,714 posts, read 16,209,517 times
Fake news

Old 12-16-2016, 12:36 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,546,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Fake news
No, it is not fake with the Maryland and DC schools marching bands not performing and doubt if any wil come from Northern VA. Ice T has refused to answer the call: Of Course Ice T Is Not Performing at Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections