Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 10:17 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,756,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

Boy was I wrong, it took a whole country full of Red state voters to elect him.
Not to mention the 7 Obama states that Trump flipped to Red.

BTW, you were wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 10:18 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,756,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Voting for President was like calling for a Taxi,
And you are calling the people who voted for Trump the "village idiots"?

Old 12-18-2016, 10:18 AM

21,519 posts, read 10,646,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
We'll never know the truth about the 2012 election. There were stories of voter fraud occurring in many states yet Obama's corrupt DOJ and the MSM ignored them all. They would have done the exact same thing this time around if Trump was a democrat.
They would have done the same this time if those voter ID laws weren't finally allowed to take effect, which they weren't for the 2012 election.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:20 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,312,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
One thing is true and certain.

The Climate is Changing. There is a new political storm on the horizon. I welcome the Warmer weather, as it approaches.
I agree about the changing climate.

In 4 years we'll all either be sipping rum on the beach in St Maarten, or frozen in Siberia.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is a chance that the truth will come out. We won't get a congressional investigation, of course, but Trump has made enemies of the media and the CIA. One or the other or both will get to the bottom of his Russian dealings and it will be leaked.
We know foreign governments hack our systems, as we do it to them. Trump was in no way involved with our cyber security. That would be the Obama Administration's job.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
In 2012, pre-election polling, exit polling, the electoral margin and the popular margin all pointed to an Obama victory. In 2016, only one of them pointed to a Trump victory and it was by the slimmest of margins imaginable. With certain Russian meddling, Trump's narrow electoral college win will always be suspect and his legitimacy as president will be questioned.
The voting machines were not hacked. The Russians did not tell Hillary to ignore Michigan and Wisconsin. They did not get Bill Clinton to sign and push for NAFTA and all the other various trade agreements. They did not tell Hillary to run on an immigration and globalist platform. They did not tell Hillary to say she has a public and a private position.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:42 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,369,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
On one side you have the winning side poo poo'ing all of the reports about potential, and I stress potential, election issues from Russian hacks and Putin's knowledge to the crosscheck where voters kicked off the polls (Michigan for example) etc.

On the other side you have the losing side whining about blatant misjustice to fraud to fixed, rigged etc.

In my mind, all I can say is there is enough noise for me to at least question the results. But until there is hard concrete evidence as opposed to accusations and reports of look likes and maybes, then we should continue to move forward. The only thing I laugh about is Trump was the one whining and screaming about voter fraud long before he got elected, and now once in of course not a peep.
The truth is that Hillary lost all on her own because of who she is and her policies (that mirror Obama's). Trump offers hope for the future. It's as simple as that.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:58 AM

203 posts, read 247,003 times
Quote:
On one side you have the winning side poo poo'ing all of the reports about potential, and I stress potential, election issues from Russian hacks and Putin's knowledge to the crosscheck where voters kicked off the polls (Michigan for example) etc.

On the other side you have the losing side whining about blatant misjustice to fraud to fixed, rigged etc.

In my mind, all I can say is there is enough noise for me to at least question the results. But until there is hard concrete evidence as opposed to accusations and reports of look likes and maybes, then we should continue to move forward. The only thing I laugh about is Trump was the one whining and screaming about voter fraud long before he got elected, and now once in of course not a peep.
Millennials I know see this all differently. If we are comfortable with DNC etc hacks then would we be comfortable seeing Trumps truthful responses about other Republicans etc., in other words his hacks. Would we feel he was crooked based on tax returns, exposed emails, etc.? You see its easy to judge when you are seeing one side but we know that chances are the other side's lack of exposure doesn't imply angelic innocence. It is simply lack of exposure to make a fair judgement.

Polls were not asking what the EC would do... if Hillary won the popular vote then why should anyone get on a band wagon about the polls being wrong about the EC casting of votes? As to riots we knew it wasn't the protestors but (especially the 1st day) teen-age anarchists LOL... Protestors had nothing to do with it but that wouldn't have made news. Do I believe the news media on both sides exaggerate for ratings? They do. Both sides do, so what is an ordinary citizen to do?

Young people tend to watch Vice News (owned by FOX) in America (which is not seen as propaganda Fox News) and BBC News.

How about the simple fact that people voted for Trump because their families need a job. Forget the propaganda pumping on both sides. It starts as simple as that. Yes Alt-Right voted for him but if you want the truth, they also voted for Obama in hopes of the race war starting. And those who are involved know I'm telling the truth. Everyone has an agenda and it doesn't have to make sense on the surface reading of things.

Last edited by Something Needs To Change; 12-18-2016 at 11:08 AM..

Old 12-18-2016, 11:05 AM

25,682 posts, read 17,454,614 times
Quote:
...........The only thing I laugh about is Trump was the one whining and screaming about voter fraud long before he got elected, and now once in of course not a peep.
Then you have a case of selective mirth.

Hillary was the one during the debates who said she would accept the results. Her words were meaningless. Trump said he would accept.
So who was disingenuous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRJ8TLCZdnI

Old 12-18-2016, 11:39 AM

6,674 posts, read 4,303,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The voting machines were not hacked. The Russians did not tell Hillary to ignore Michigan and Wisconsin. They did not get Bill Clinton to sign and push for NAFTA and all the other various trade agreements. They did not tell Hillary to run on an immigration and globalist platform. They did not tell Hillary to say she has a public and a private position.
You can say this until you're blue in the face. They don't want to face the truth that Hillary was incompetent and corrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections