Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 11:56 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,351,037 times

Advertisements

Now they're saying "Trump was communicating Russia during the campaign." Trumps knows if he says Putin hacked the Election, Putin will turn on Trump and tell all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 11:57 AM

6,674 posts, read 4,304,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
If by "they," you mean Hillary supporters? "We," may never "stop." Believing, that Hillary is the true winner with over 2.8 million votes. Some day the electoral college will change. It has never been more evident, than now, change is necessary, for our democracy.

No matter what anyone thinks, or believe they know, Hillary was by far the most qualified candidate. A man with the same credentials would be the president elect; not some rich, spoiled kid that tweets like a kid that should be in school. Scary, very scary.
Since we're engaging in fantasies, I think Trump use Twitter sparingly with thoughtful, insightful, intelligent, unifying tweets.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:10 PM

22,540 posts, read 12,111,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Putin/KGB hacked the ballot boxes in the swing states for Trump. The KGB is leap years ahead of the CIA and FBI. If the KGB supports Trump in 2020, Trump will win, if not, Trump will lose.
Per the bolded --- I assume you are being sarcastic. After all, it's been explained time and time again that there is no way to hack ballot boxes. They aren't in any way hooked up to the internet.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:21 PM

18,505 posts, read 15,334,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Now they're saying "Trump was communicating Russia during the campaign." Trumps knows if he says Putin hacked the Election, Putin will turn on Trump and tell all!
You guys are nuts.

Who is "they"?

Do you you really think a presidential candidate can be in contact with the Russian government without anyone knowing? The CIA would be all over it.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:33 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,313,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Then you have a case of selective mirth.

Hillary was the one during the debates who said she would accept the results. Her words were meaningless. Trump said he would accept.
So who was disingenuous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRJ8TLCZdnI
I'm talking about 2012. Geesh.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:34 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,442,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
On one side you have the winning side poo poo'ing all of the reports about potential, and I stress potential, election issues from Russian hacks and Putin's knowledge to the crosscheck where voters kicked off the polls (Michigan for example) etc.

On the other side you have the losing side whining about blatant misjustice to fraud to fixed, rigged etc.

In my mind, all I can say is there is enough noise for me to at least question the results. But until there is hard concrete evidence as opposed to accusations and reports of look likes and maybes, then we should continue to move forward. The only thing I laugh about is Trump was the one whining and screaming about voter fraud long before he got elected, and now once in of course not a peep.

We already know the truth: Trump wins with 306 electoral college votes.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:43 PM

599 posts, read 695,372 times
I didn't see this much outrage when Bush won, and Gore won the popular vote. There was outrage but not at this magnitude. I didn't see actors on tv protesting, re-Doing the electoral votes, very interesting

Old 12-18-2016, 12:48 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,888,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is a chance that the truth will come out. We won't get a congressional investigation, of course, but Trump has made enemies of the media and the CIA. One or the other or both will get to the bottom of his Russian dealings and it will be leaked.
IMO, that's been part of the problem all along throughout this election campaign. People are waiting for the media or government to tell them what to think by 'leaking it' on social media. Frankly, I've reached the point that if the media or a government agency said "the sky is blue," I would wonder if it hadn't suddenly turned green ... and go outside to see for myself!

Most of the media pundits have blatantly revealed their totally biased spin and complete inability to simply present the news in a fair and balanced manner. Like the far left liberals marching in the streets and threatening electoral voters, while screaming about the sky-falling or total loss of hope; the media has likewise lost any semblance of credibility. Like celebrities who read scripts and then imagine themselves to be the hero or the leaders they portray, the media reads teleprompters and similarly imagine the world is only waiting with their breath held, to hear what they think.

Not to get on a rant here, but I hope Trump's approach of bypassing the biased media and going directly to the people (Thank you tour, tweets, speeches versus press conferences)-- will set a welcome standard not seen since Reagan. Meanwhile, as the media stands back and throws rocks from a self-imposed distance, some may gradually wake-up to the fact that people want to know what is going on ... not only what journalists and commentators think about it! Until that happens, I don't think a lot of people really care what the media, CIA or leftist ideologists have to say about anything.

Last edited by jghorton; 12-18-2016 at 12:59 PM..

Old 12-18-2016, 01:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,959,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Voting for President was like calling for a Taxi,

Do you want a driver with a glove box full of tickets or do you want a driver who never drove a car before.

America has chosen the inexperienced to take us for a ride.

I hope we survive the driving lesson.
first off, unless someone is running for reelection, NO ONE has experience as president of the US. however trump has many years of executive experience running 500 companies that are successful for the most part.

hillary on the other hand has run, what again? failed state department operations? and scandal after scandal over a similar period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
I didn't see this much outrage when Bush won, and Gore won the popular vote. There was outrage but not at this magnitude. I didn't see actors on tv protesting, re-Doing the electoral votes, very interesting
actually there was similar outrage when bush beat gore, everything from bush was selected not elected, to lets change the system to a popular vote, to burning bush in effigy, to bush is a nazi, and what ever other vile things the democrats could think of.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:37 PM

16,955 posts, read 16,811,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Maybe it will "be questioned by you".

Don't you get it? All those polls that the MSM were putting out were fake. All those stories and supposed analysis that said Hillary was going to win the electoral votes by a wide margin were fake. All those stories and supposed polls that Hillary will take the rust belt were all lies.

I'm still trying to figure out how "Russian meddling" somehow rigged the election

There was no way to hack into voting machines. Assange repeatedly said that it wasn't the Russians who hacked into the DNC and Podesta's email account. In fact, some stories say it was a DNC insider who did it.

What I'm seeing is the left still not coming to terms that Hillary lost and are now grasping at straws.

Answer this --- If all the polling in 2012 showed an Obama victory by a wide margin, then why were his supporters out there committing voter fraud. Why bother?
That's why Hillary Lovers fell to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably, wetting their pants and needing a diaper change and some hot cocoa...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections