Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 06:49 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,855,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
You can say this until you're blue in the face. They don't want to face the truth that Hillary was incompetent and corrupt.
Teflon Trump. Guess we need to call our new president and commander in chief, "Saint Trump."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In my mind, Hillary Clinton and the Democrats got SLAUGHTERED in this election. That is the only reason there is non-stop whining and "noise" from the liberals.

But it's okay. Relax. There will be another election coming up in 2 years.
You can't ignore the FACT, that Hillary has over 2.8 million more votes than our incoming president and commander in chief. I would not call it a SLAUGHTER. SELECTION, not election is more like it.

When people say the popular vote is meaningless; I have to question the thought behind that statement.

If the shoe was on the other candidate, you don't think the Donald would not have his army of lieutenants and lawyers smacking people around? Election night, he was already screaming about the people still voting in Las Vegas, after the polls closed. The voters were in line when the doors were closed.

No matter how many years this bozo is in office; I am afraid it will be a long hurtful ride for a lot of Americans. Trump is for himself and maybe, his family, he probably thinks we are pawns in his scheme of the world.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:00 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,929,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
You can't ignore the FACT, that Hillary has over 2.8 million more votes than our incoming president and commander in chief. I would not call it a SLAUGHTER. SELECTION, not election is more like it.

When people say the popular vote is meaningless; I have to question the thought behind that statement.

If the shoe was on the other candidate, you don't think the Donald would not have his army of lieutenants and lawyers smacking people around? Election night, he was already screaming about the people still voting in Las Vegas, after the polls closed. The voters were in line when the doors were closed.

No matter how many years this bozo is in office; I am afraid it will be a long hurtful ride for a lot of Americans. Trump is for himself and maybe, his family, he probably thinks we are pawns in his scheme of the world.
Give it up Molly, very fortunately for you, hillary lost and Donald Trump won. You will discover soon enough that the real winner of the election were America and the American people, of which I must assume you are one. Just sit back, stay quiet, and watch as Trump makes America great again, much to your benefit.
In a few months you won't admit you voted against him, you will be firmly on board of the Trump train..
Until then, keep quiet with your ranting and raving, it makes you look foolish, and WRONG..!
CHEERS..!

Old 12-19-2016, 08:13 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,048,427 times
Quote:
If by "they," you mean Hillary supporters? "We," may never "stop." Believing, that Hillary is the true winner with over 2.8 million votes. Some day the electoral college will change. It has never been more evident, than now, change is necessary, for our democracy.

No matter what anyone thinks, or believe they know, Hillary was by far the most qualified candidate. A man with the same credentials would be the president elect; not some rich, spoiled kid that tweets like a kid that should be in school. Scary, very scary.

Maybe, while we are at it; the president and commander in chief positions should be two different jobs. I think Trump may be an average president and America, may able to overcome his one sided, closed minded views. However; as commander in chief, he falls flat.

Its a good thing we do not live in a democracy then.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:32 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,769,366 times
Quote:
IN California.

She is behind 2M votes in the other 49 states.

She was slaughtered.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:16 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,971,856 times
Quote:

a few facts for you:

on election night trump led the popular voting UNTIL california closed their polls and started counting votes.

trump won 82% of the counties in the US

the national popular vote is merely an exercise is adding up large numbers

trump won enough STATE popular votes to win the electoral college

Old 12-19-2016, 01:08 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,317,345 times
When I started this thread, the underlying message I was making was geared more towards the information the general public gets, and the validity of said information. I think every election has had it's share of controversy, but I believe this one is historically near or at the top of the list. Sure I may doubt what, if anything, happened with regards to actual tampering or rigging. I do find it comical though that four years ago, Trump loudly spoke about rigged elections, and now as the winner not a peep. Hypocrisy there.

Bottom line is Trump won the election with the rules and regulations of the election process. I find it hard to believe that based on the current complaints that something more concrete wasn't found to more definitively show something was rigged or coerced or whatever.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:13 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,945,136 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee
Nope.... THEY WANT HIM IN FOR A REASON........ They want him to totally destroy this country.......

THE PPL SUPPORTING MR IDIOT WONT KNOW WHAT HIT THEM UNTIL IT DOES.......

WE ALL HAVE TO SUFFER FOR IT!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Nope.... THEY WANT HIM IN FOR A REASON........ They want him to totally destroy this country.......

THE PPL SUPPORTING MR IDIOT WONT KNOW WHAT HIT THEM UNTIL IT DOES.......

WE ALL HAVE TO SUFFER FOR IT!!!!!!!
That is the really sad part of this election, our future president and COMMANDER IN CHIEF, has so much hate in his heart. He sounds like he wants our country to go back about 100 years. HOW did this happen? I am just hopeful that he will go the way of Nixon. But, he always comes out of anything he says or does, smelling like a rose.

This is the first time in my life, that I have had no respect for an incoming president. I have always tried to give the person a chance. This guy reeks of disaster. Some of us may have no chance. Maybe, he will calm down when he finds out that he does not know everything and grow some humility????

Old 12-20-2016, 06:27 AM

40,998 posts, read 49,430,978 times
Quote:
That is the really sad part of this election, our future president and COMMANDER IN CHIEF, has so much hate in his heart. He sounds like he wants our country to go back about 100 years. HOW did this happen? I am just hopeful that he will go the way of Nixon. But, he always comes out of anything he says or does, smelling like a rose.

This is the first time in my life, that I have had no respect for an incoming president. I have always tried to give the person a chance. This guy reeks of disaster. Some of us may have no chance. Maybe, he will calm down when he finds out that he does not know everything and grow some humility????
I'll bet you're an Obama supporter. This is exactly the way many of us felt when the Junior Senator with no experience took over 8 years ago. The Obama administration has been a disaster. He is pretty much responsible for the current disaster in the Middle East and the Europe.

Funny thing, when we said the same exact same thing for the last 8 years we were called "Racist".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections