Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 10:51 AM

29,228 posts, read 22,455,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It's the beauty of the Emoluments Clause in the Constitution. Since the United States has never been led by a President who thinks he has the powers of a King before, the clause has never been needed before."

I thought we were talking about what trump is going to do NOT what Obama has DONE.

"I have pen and a phone"

NO President had issued more Executive Orders/memos, etc., then obama.

He tried to go around Congress overtime he couldn't get his way through legal legislation.

He has been OVERTURNED MORE times by the courts then any other president, a few times by a 9-0 Supreme Court vote.

The rest of your rant is just more B.S. you are going to have bad, at least 4 years.

Like someone said, "WE lived through Obama , YOU can live through Trump!"
But nothing you mentioned violates the Constitution. Every President has used the same tools, has met opposition, and the rest of your blather.

We are talking about Trump, not Obama. He's the very first President-elect who could be affected by the Emoluments clause.

Every other President has removed himself from control of his business before he took the office. Others were wealthy, and others were poorer, but they all dedicated themselves to the job of leading the nation only while they served. Someone else had to run their businesses for them while they were in office.

Kings do not do this. Know the difference.

Whether or not you think Obama, Trump, or the guy in the corner over there thinks he's a King is no concern of mine. Like it or not, if Trump does not follow the mandate of the Constitution, he disqualifies himself from holding the office of president of the United States of America.

This means that if he does not resign and go back to running his empire voluntarily, Congress can impeach him and remove him from office. Violating the Emoluments clause is an impeachable offense. It's all there in black and white, clear as can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 06:16 AM

59,389 posts, read 27,536,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
But nothing you mentioned violates the Constitution. Every President has used the same tools, has met opposition, and the rest of your blather.

We are talking about Trump, not Obama. He's the very first President-elect who could be affected by the Emoluments clause.

Every other President has removed himself from control of his business before he took the office. Others were wealthy, and others were poorer, but they all dedicated themselves to the job of leading the nation only while they served. Someone else had to run their businesses for them while they were in office.

Whether or not you think Obama, Trump, or the guy in the corner over there thinks he's a King is no concern of mine. Like it or not, if Trump does not follow the mandate of the Constitution, he disqualifies himself from holding the office of president of the United States of America.

This means that if he does not resign and go back to running his empire voluntarily, Congress can impeach him and remove him from office. Violating the Emoluments clause is an impeachable offense. It's all there in black and white, clear as can be.
"Every other President has removed himself from control of his business before he took the office"

And who might those Presidents be and what businesses did they run?

"Trump does not follow the mandate of the Constitution, he disqualifies himself from holding the office of president of the United States of America"'

OK, you have made this claim, your opinion, several times now, so prove it.

"Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the constitution states that no American officeholder shall, “without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.'

So what king, prince, or foreign state is paying him?

I think that if this issue was pushed I would laugh my arse off if "“without the consent of the Congress," Congress GAVE consent for Trump to continue receiving money from his foreign businesses, which , IMO. are NOT covered under the emolument clause.

The left would loose any sanity they have left, which isn't much.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 12-29-2016 at 06:26 AM..

Old 12-29-2016, 06:20 AM

42 posts, read 76,309 times
They are doubling down on their alternate reality narratives, anti-Israel agenda, and death threats... In their last days, and beyond. Check this out!

(And let's not forget denying service to Trump supporters, harassing Ivanka, and leaving stranded motorists with the Trump sticker on their car in a freezing snowstorm. Not even calling AAA for them.)

Old 12-29-2016, 06:25 AM

638 posts, read 311,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What's the sore losers' next move? No my president?
Cries for impeachment.

"What??? Trump had breakfast in the Lincoln bedroom? THAT'S AN IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE!!!"

Anything he does that deviates from Obama's behavior will result in a cry from the left for impeachment.

This is why I've lost my taste for talking with them. At this point I'll debate with the alt-righters because they divide our party and ultimate cause Republicans to lose. Liberals? I have no use for the people or their opinions. I just don't care. To me it's the equivalent of conducting a conversation with the guy standing in the street holding the sign "the end is near". They're not sane, they don't belong here, and all I want to do is figure out ways to encourage them to leave.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You get the sense, from listening to them talk, that the Trump cult thinks the Constitution shouldn't apply to Donald. It will be too much of a burden for him to govern under, so we should just suspend adherence to it for as long as Trump is in office.
Isn't it funny how Obama has had so many of his Executive Orders/Memorandums overturned by the courts (some 9 to 0) as NOT being Constitutional and the left REALLY going bonkers about hillary winning the popular vote which is NOT even mentioned in the Constitution, ONLY the Electoral College, and NOW they are so concerned about following the Constitution.

A fiction writer couldn't make this stuff up.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:38 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,345,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What's the sore losers' next move? Not my president?

No sore loser here, I just know Putin hacked the ballots boxes in the Republican primaries and the General Election for a Trump win, no sore loser here, I just know the TRUTH!

Old 12-29-2016, 10:45 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,980,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickItInYourEar View Post
They are doubling down on their alternate reality narratives, anti-Israel agenda, and death threats... In their last days, and beyond. Check this out!

(And let's not forget denying service to Trump supporters, harassing Ivanka, and leaving stranded motorists with the Trump sticker on their car in a freezing snowstorm. Not even calling AAA for them.)
I never knew so many unhinged leftists wanted Mike Pence to be President.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:46 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,352,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

Repeat after me:

FOUR MORE YEARS

Trump isn't going anywhere.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
No sore loser here, I just know Putin hacked the ballots boxes in the Republican primaries and the General Election for a Trump win, no sore loser here, I just know the TRUTH!
" I just know the TRUTH!"

OK genius.

Here is your chance to prove the "truth" you claim to know.

How did Russia "hack" into the ballot boxes when they are NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET?

Old 12-30-2016, 08:42 AM

17,378 posts, read 11,358,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I just know the TRUTH!"

OK genius.

Here is your chance to prove the "truth" you claim to know.

How did Russia "hack" into the ballot boxes when they are NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET?
He can't prove it and he knows he can't because that never happened. He puts out false talking points in almost all his posts hoping someone is stupid enough to believe him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections