Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 08:52 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,550,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
A Progressive Jonestown Kool-Aid Festival featuring special guest stars Martin Sheen, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Michael Moore, Lena Dunham, Barbra Streisand, and Lady Gaga?

Oh nonsense, there will shortly be a robust protest movement in it for the long haul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Now what? What's the sore losers' next move?

Not much to do except sit back and watch Republicans run the country for the next 4 years.

That right there will create opposition. Republicans have no solution to the housing shortage faced by the bottom half of Americans. Capitalism has failed the poor in this couintry.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,613,738 times

Not so fast buttercup. We really didn't suffer. Why, because we don't suffer fools to begin with. We were inconvenienced. The reputation of the United States and her allies suffered. Most of y'all suffered greatly.

Things will actually get better now.

[/quote]

I don't know about you, Snowflake, but I did just fine in these past 8 years. Refinanced a couple of times with great interest rates; 401K and investments doing GREAT; and I have a good job. Son in college and I'm able to pay his tuition and rent.

I'm sorry that other snowflakes didn't know how to get by. Unlike you, I have never depended on any politician to make my life better. That's up to me.

OH - and when my job moved to another state; I was able to move too; as opposed to staying put in fear and DEMANDING that a good paying job come to me. Great move that came with a lot of opportunities.

How come Republican snowflakes are unable to 'pull themselves up by the bootstraps' and instead, wait for a messiah to improve their lot in life?

Old 12-24-2016, 09:35 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,193,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Because liberals can't accept reality .
This stands out to me. It's not so much that the statists can't accept reality, they use their energy to create the reality they want, and refuse to quit until they achieve this. It is a good lesson for the rest of us, they don't stop, they don't surrender or quit. If the rest of us who aren't statist authoritarians who use the power of government to force the rest of us to live in the exact way they decided we should could learn that same lesson perhaps the authoritarians can be shoved back into the hell holes they created and kept away from civilized people.

We can't depend on the establishment political parties to do this as they are really more dedicated to the power than the people they serve. All you have to offer them is a vote, the powers that own them can offer them wealth and power and that seems to be their true calling.

Trump already has wealth and power of his own, and I think folks have recognized that. He is going to be fighting against the established way of working and it's already paying off, he's called Boeing and Lockheed Martin on the carpet already and I expect that the AF1 and F35 programs might be looking at modifications and pricing that would not have been considered by a bought and paid for president (and boy was Clinton ever the epitome of bought and paid for!)

What has been made apparent is that the statists will not ever stop, so neither can we.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:40 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,193,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
That right there will create opposition. Republicans have no solution to the housing shortage faced by the bottom half of Americans. Capitalism has failed the poor in this couintry.
Capitalism hasn't failed the housing market. Staitists who created the system of onerous land use regulations and permit requirements created the housing crisis. just you try to build a house or apartment building these days.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:41 AM

34,193 posts, read 17,270,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
Who cares. They're all acting like mentally deranged children in desperate need of a psychiatric time out. I think people should start ignoring them like you would a an ill behaved 3 yr old.

Good advice.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Not so fast buttercup. We really didn't suffer. Why, because we don't suffer fools to begin with. We were inconvenienced. The reputation of the United States and her allies suffered. Most of y'all suffered greatly.

Things will actually get better now.

I don't know about you, Snowflake, but I did just fine in these past 8 years. Refinanced a couple of times with great interest rates; 401K and investments doing GREAT; and I have a good job. Son in college and I'm able to pay his tuition and rent.

I'm sorry that other snowflakes didn't know how to get by. Unlike you, I have never depended on any politician to make my life better. That's up to me.

OH - and when my job moved to another state; I was able to move too; as opposed to staying put in fear and DEMANDING that a good paying job come to me. Great move that came with a lot of opportunities.

How come Republican snowflakes are unable to 'pull themselves up by the bootstraps' and instead, wait for a messiah to improve their lot in life?[/quote]

DING DING DING we have a winner! You have hit the nail on the head!!!!! Thank you for playing!

The Property Class has done just fine; it is the Rent Serf Class that is experiencing protracted economic distress.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:47 AM

34,193 posts, read 17,270,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post

How come Republican snowflakes are unable to 'pull themselves up by the bootstraps' and instead, wait for a messiah to improve their lot in life?

DING DING DING we have a winner! You have hit the nail on the head!!!!! Thank you for playing!

The Property Class has done just fine; it is the Rent Serf Class that is experiencing protracted economic distress.[/quote]

That poster did what was needed to own a home; he got past working McJobs. You are free to do the same, assuming you have marketable skills.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
Capitalism hasn't failed the housing market. Staitists who created the system of onerous land use regulations and permit requirements created the housing crisis. just you try to build a house or apartment building these days.

Go to any booming American city, and you will see new construction everywhere...why is it that NONE of this new for-profit construction is affordable at below-median incomes?

Old 12-24-2016, 09:50 AM

94 posts, read 68,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Why are you asking ?
Entertainment.

I saw something come through my Twitter feed that Jill Stein has not shut up about the loss...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections