Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 09:28 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,659,816 times

Advertisements

My son-in-law lives in another county now, but is still registered to vote in the previous county he lived in. He hasn't changed counties yet. Could be other people in the same situation.

My daughter did register to vote in her current county but her husband had not gotten around to doing it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 09:45 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I'm pretty certain at this point you're just trolling me..
Nope. I was pretty clear about what was stated.

There was massive voter fraud in Detroit. No way for you to spin it as something else.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:54 AM

8,428 posts, read 7,434,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. I was pretty clear about what was stated.
Nope. You simply presented an uninformed opinion.

Quote:
There was massive voter fraud in Detroit. No way for you to spin it as something else.
Yes, I understand that you demand that others see your opinion as fact.

Perhaps you should take it up with Christopher Thomas, the Michigan Director of Elections, who is on record as saying that the problems are more likely due to other factors than supposed 'voter fraud'.

And 'massive'?

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Nope. You simply presented an uninformed opinion.
Are you saying the story about more votes being registered than voters is false?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Are you saying the story about more votes being registered than voters is false?
Are you saying that this is dead certain proof of "massive" voter fraud when the state director of elections in Michigan says it isn't?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Are you saying that this is dead certain proof of "massive" voter fraud when the state director of elections in Michigan says it isn't?
You didn't answer the question. I didn't expect that you would.

But I will answer yours. Yes.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:55 AM

1,261 posts, read 952,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If it were truly accidental then it wouldn't move the needle so far for just one side.

The many inaccuracies found in Wisconsin is also quite embarrassing for Wisconsin -- though that state showed the random non-partisan errors that you'd expect with legitimate (rather than deliberate) mistakes.

At minimum, Detroit needs much greater oversight and regulation to ensure the accuracy of their vote.
Do you have more information on Wisconsin?

I live in WI, and from what I've heard in my county at least that inaccuracies were small and were mostly attributable to ballots that hadn't been filled out well enough for the scantron machines to read, but were readable by humans. The number of uncounted votes, I understand, were in the very low hundreds, and were statistically insignificant. Have you heard otherwise?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
You didn't answer the question. I didn't expect that you would.
It appears that you like playing "gotcha", but only under your rules.

Quote:
But I will answer yours. Yes.
So your qualifications for rendering this opinion, in direct contrast to the judgment of the Michigan Director of Elections, are what exactly?

Old 12-21-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
It appears that you like playing "gotcha", but only under your rules. So your qualifications for rendering this opinion, in direct contrast to the judgment of the Michigan Director of Elections, are what exactly?
That director of elections should be fired. Massive fraud happened under his watch. What do you expect him to say? The point being. The topic isn't about me as much as you wish to make it so in vain attempt to discredit what the recount discovered there.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
That director of elections should be fired. Massive fraud happened under his watch. What do you expect him to say? The point being. The topic isn't about me as much as you wish to make it so in vain attempt to discredit what the recount discovered there.
The fact is that across 248 Detroit precincts there was an average of about three more votes cast than were recorded on the workbooks.

An average of three per precinct.

That's not evidence of "massive voter fraud".

No matter how much you want it to be so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections