Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 12:04 AM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Actually I would say it is has been the opposite of what you wrote. Trump is not hiding and has been unusually active for a President-Elect.

Anyway, I think Waldo is comparing Clinton, who literally disappeared for long periods during the campaign to Trump who is constantly holding rallies, even now after the election when he no longer has too.
Trump is hiding. No press conferences and answering questions. Rally's don't matter. Does he take questions....no. So who cares about rallies. I don't want my president elect to go on a thank you tour in states that elected him. I want him to address the people of america and tell us exactly what his plan is for us. I want him to stop with the twitter rants and have a press conference. So far I can only think of Orwell's 1984 as Trump's America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 02:54 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is hiding. No press conferences and answering questions. Rally's don't matter. Does he take questions....no. So who cares about rallies. I don't want my president elect to go on a thank you tour in states that elected him. I want him to address the people of america and tell us exactly what his plan is for us. I want him to stop with the twitter rants and have a press conference. So far I can only think of Orwell's 1984 as Trump's America.
Why should Trump give ANY accommodation to the TV teleprompter monkeys who have done nothing but attack him starting with the nonsense he wasn't even a real candidate for President? They lie and distort everything about Trump and anyone who doesn't see this by now has their head stuck in the sand. Even on election day, they all, close to 100%, said that he was going to lose the election. This speaks for itself.

It's the presses job to earn back accommodation from the President. Not the other way around. There is nothing in the US Constitution that compels him to hold a press conference, but if you think there is, then please cite it.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:04 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

You mean, like Hillary was hiding for a year before the election? How many press conferences did she do and how many tough questions did she answer? Not many.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:46 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
From the article:

Biden: Clinton never figured out why she was running
More
Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton felt compelled to run for president despite lacking a clear campaign vision, Vice President Joe Biden argued in an interview published Thursday. "I don't think she ever really figured it out," Biden told the Los Angeles Times' Mike Memoli. "And by the way, I think it was really hard for her to decide to run." Biden said Clinton likely felt obliged to run for president and that the historic nature of her bid weighed on her decision-making. "She thought she had no choice but to run. That, as the first woman who had an opportunity to win the presidency, I think it was a real burden on her," Biden said. MUST WATCH That time -- actually, times -- Joe Biden ran for president02
:03

Wait a minute - Hillary Clinton HAD TO RUN???

You mean the Clintons HAD to abandon their home state of Arkansas after Bill left the White House, Hillary HAD to run for the US Senate in New York, she HAD to run against Obama in 2008, she HAD to become Secretary of State and she HAD to run again in 2016? Because she HAD no choice?!?

There is a bridge for sale in Brooklyn for people who believe that!

The other First Ladies that I remember; Nancy Reagan, Barbra Bush, Laura Bush and Michelle Obama - it would be just as historic if they had run for President. Hillary Clinton does not have a lock on history and there never was and is no obligation on her part to run.

She ran for President because she wanted to run for President.

Unfortunately for Clinton, she lacked a real message that resonated with people, which is why she lost against both a liberal Democrat and a Republican.
Biden said it, Consider the source!

Old 12-28-2016, 06:55 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
One obvious indicator was Hillary's fake smiles.
Especially the ones she had while pointing to an imaginary face in the crowd.
Go back and take a look. It was all part of her practiced performance, and people saw through it.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:30 AM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
McCain was actually leading until the financial crisis hit.
The polls were rigged tho.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:37 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Biden said it, Consider the source!
LOL Biden.
Hillary ran because she thought she was owed the job and was getting it. The DNC did all it could to make it happen, including cheating.
The only problem, in Hillary's arrogance, she failed to realize that maybe her last name wouldn't be enough. That maybe trying to shame people into voting for her by calling them sexists, racists and xenophobes, wouldn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections