Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 09:06 PM

15,678 posts, read 10,462,292 times

Advertisements

Dems are toast. At every level of government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 09:45 PM

34,193 posts, read 17,270,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Dems are toast. At every level of government.

That is Obama's legacy. He built their demise.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:50 PM

32,182 posts, read 15,181,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why are people still reading the NY Times?
What do you read?

Old 12-23-2016, 11:48 PM

21,523 posts, read 10,648,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That is why Obama wasn't anywhere near as successful as he could have been.

The left refused to be honest about him.

Case in point...Obama campaigned saying that he would allow 5 days of public debate before signing bills into law -- for public transparency and to develop better policy.

His very first bill - he signed instantly - and it was a non-emergency bill. The left gave him a free pass. The people who started cheering, chanting, and fainting when Obama proposed a 5 day waiting period refused to criticize him when he instantly broke it.

Obama then continued to disregard that easy to fulfill promise as he knew the left would give him zero reasons to fulfill the promise.

Meanwhile if someone brought up that Obama was breaking an easy to fulfill promise - the left would accuse that person of anything from racism to watching to much FoxNews.
And that is the big difference between Trump and Obama. If Trump doesn't follow his promises, the press is all over it. They will hold him accountable like Obama never was. I think the historic aspect of him being the first black president kept them from criticizing Obama at first, and the political bias of members of the press kept them from really going after him for years.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:50 PM

21,523 posts, read 10,648,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yep. A scrupulously honest administration that had a dozen sets of circumstances happen where everyone under investigation at the IRS for targeting accidentally had their hard drives damaged.
And not one of them testified honestly in any investigation. They either lied about not recalling or all had room temperature IQ's.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:12 AM

30,818 posts, read 19,454,338 times
Obama has been fantastic, no other person has turned the country so Republican.

Dems, you gave us Obama....we Trump your Barack with a Donald.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:10 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,759,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What do you read?
Lots of stuff. Too much to list. It's easier to tell you what I don't read.

NYTimes, WaPo, Politico, WSJ, Huffington Post. And I don't bother with CNN, ABC, CBS, BBC, NBC (and it's by products) and even Fox News.

Waste of time.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:26 AM

20,134 posts, read 16,244,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/23/op...f=opinion&_r=0

Doubly shocking the Times would print this.
That piece is yet another exhibit for why Trump got elected. The media kept telling people one story while their own reality gave proof to a different one. As far as many Americans have been concerned the media has peddled fiction and ignored the non-fiction that is undeniable if you look at it with open eyes. No matter how many times they keep touting improved unemployment and the economy in general, other than the very top and the very bottom, Americans know their kids have to live at home longer and their paychecks can purchase fewer things. The working class, middle class, and even the low end HENRYs want to know where all those people supposedly benefitting from the improved economy are living, because it isn't their neighborhood.

The media has just spent eight years being cheerleaders and a de facto PR firm for the president, based on what we've seen so far I assume they will spend the next four acting like hatchet men and comparing the smallest misstep into a verbal hydrogen bomb. It is already ticking me off and I was about as anti-Trump as the rest of the "never Trump" crowd.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:52 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,251,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That piece is yet another exhibit for why Trump got elected. The media kept telling people one story while their own reality gave proof to a different one. As far as many Americans have been concerned the media has peddled fiction and ignored the non-fiction that is undeniable if you look at it with open eyes. No matter how many times they keep touting improved unemployment and the economy in general, other than the very top and the very bottom, Americans know their kids have to live at home longer and their paychecks can purchase fewer things. The working class, middle class, and even the low end HENRYs want to know where all those people supposedly benefitting from the improved economy are living, because it isn't their neighborhood.

The media has just spent eight years being cheerleaders and a de facto PR firm for the president, based on what we've seen so far I assume they will spend the next four acting like hatchet men and comparing the smallest misstep into a verbal hydrogen bomb. It is already ticking me off and I was about as anti-Trump as the rest of the "never Trump" crowd.
First; Thank you! This is the kind of honesty that we have to hear from the media and the Democrats. So far they are not prepared to move on; they are stuck in a time warp that keeps resetting. The buck will never stop on their desk.

I have said this at least three times today. This is what lost the election for the Democrats (besides ignoring these facts): Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract By Investing.com. Americans want money and security and this is not working!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections