Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 11:18 AM

6,265 posts, read 5,077,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
This sums it up pretty well, I think. When a Muslim President (he can lie all he wants, makes no difference to me) bowed to a King of a Muslim country, it was not an act of him being unaware of protocol. He sent a message, and IMO he sent another message to the middle east with this last bit of subterfuge, ie. attack Israel, I've got your back.

If you look at all the civil rights he got removed from us, in the event of a "natural emergency", it looks to me like a "natural emergency" would solve all their problems with those of us that are still "foolish" enough to think that we should still have civil rights and run our country through our elected officials, not the other way around.

I live in a town of 15,000 people, and a savvy net friend of mine found online somewhere that our county is slated to get 6 armored vehicles should this "natural emergency" come to pass. WHO exactly, would run these 6 armored vehicles, for use against WHO, and why would they need to? Pause for thought.....
Obama has taken a number of these vehicles away from law enforcement over the past couple of years because of concerns expressed by civilians that law enforcement was becoming too "militarized". That policy has taken tools away from police agencies - tools used to protect their own officers, protect citizens, save lives, and quickly find resolution to the challenge of dangerous people intent on doing dangerous things.

For law enforcement purposes these vehicles have been used by SWAT and other tactical teams as protection for officers against suspects firing high capacity weapons. They have also been used on a number of occasions in rural areas to evacuate citizens who were stranded in flooded areas - these vehicles could get through when nothing else could. I also know of at least one of these that was used to ram and stop a dangerous suspect fleeing in a vehicle. Likely there are many other "natural or unnatural emergency situations" that could make use of these vehicles.

There is NO WAY that cash strapped small police departments and county agencies can afford one of these vehicles. I know of at least one small town department that is fund raising to purchase one - $250,000. It is important to understand that these vehicles are armored but not armed.

It is also important for law enforcement to effectively communicate to their communities the legitimate reasons that agencies need and use these vehicles. They don't do (IMO) a good enough job of that. Trump has indicated that he wants to return these vehicles to struggling agencies in the future. I hope that is the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 11:33 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,230,268 times
Default This is America, not a province of Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Don't know where to begin. The land is theirs. What is your problem with inhabiting it? Maybe you need to look at a map of the Middle East. Then let us all know how much land Israel has. To see if you are really smart, you can give us the size equivalent in square miles to an American State.
In any case, Israel will prevail because it is just.
Your love of causes against White-centric groups is tiring to most here.
You may fair better to Look at Maps

I'd like to see how you'd like it if the city you live, decided to create eminent domains and consume much of your property and then kept expanding and consuming more and more and more, and then put you under a form of house arrest and limit you mobility on the parts that is left to you,then tell you, they don't recognize the portion that is left to you.

If the Jewish people think that land was historically theirs, they should never have left it. The same as you can't go back and claim a property you abandoned and it became the property of someone else.

I am not a worshiper of Israel's Jewish People, to me they are simply people, not any more special than any other people. I don't see them in any means or form or under any terms to be special above others. What time has shown is their utter disrespect for the Palestinians. As to Arabs have conflict about Israel, that may well have had a different paradigm of concept if they had made efforts to not come in like the rich kid on the block and think everyone else is subservient to them, because they were backed up by the British and the Americans and other nations that supported taking that land from the Palestinians and giving creating Israel.

During the 1940's.... There was a lot of sympathy given to Jewish people after Hitler's acts, but that sympathy should not have been used to disrespect others, nor should it have been given the power to patronize Jewish people to the extent of supporting the concept of anything goes for Israel, certainly there should have been no mass support in allowance of their continuance to expand by encroachment upon land that was not carved out and given to them.
The map clearly shows, the first act, of carving out land for them, that it was an unbalanced divide, and resulted to practically land-lock the Palestinians, when by right they should have had direct coastal lines along the Mediterranean Sea and for certain, direct access to the Mediterranean Sea. Even the conditions of the divide dictated a constructed methodology of impoverishment and containment upon and against the Palestinian people.

If you were of the Palestinians culture, you'd be very upset too!!!

Heck, here in America, white people fought like crazy trying to deny the basic humanity of Civil Rights for minorities, specifically black people: and if they could have relegated black people to a specific land locked state, they would have tried to do that too. The exact same thing as they did to the American Native Indian's whom were relegated to the most non fertile lands in the nation, and "then treated as being less than" in every category of social and civic society and ill regarded as being 100% American. This is exactly what Israel is trying to continue to do to the Palestinians.

Currently, with all the flack and crap that Benjamin Netanyahu talks; then it is quite likely we as a nation need to review the money that is being sent to them and make "damn sure", it is very specific in its usage, which does not aid or abet Israels encroaching activities in even the remotes abstract manner. He came over here before and went and talked to Congressional people and slighted the President, which was a direct insult to the Office of President, as well as to the sitting President, all in his aim to try and strong arm his will and wants, as if he can influence and dictate something to Americans, he was able to do such because we have a Republican Congress that was already wrapped in a spin of insulting the Office of the President. Not only Benjamin Netanyahu also Every Republican Congressmen who met with him should have been charged with sedition. At no time should we have allowed such an insult to the Office of the President, nor the sitting President. But Republican did it because they had no respect for a black man who held that seat and they had contempt at the man and the democratic party. Sadly, we let that slip by without stern actions against these people with charge of sedition.

If the same thing by a foreign head of state had been done to disrespect the Office of the President and the sitting president such as someone like President Reagan (a white man in the Office of the President), American's would have been raising hell and Israel would have faced sanctions and the Congressmen would have had a recall effort engaged that would have removed them from their seats.

"SOME" white people are a trip, The exact same as they let Trump get away with saying and doing anything, because he is a white man, they are supporting him doing anything and everything and giving it a pass, to the point that he has disrespected the Logan Act Trump has repeatedly violated the Logan Act since the Election, before he is officially seated to office. Trump is at this time, still technically a private citizen.

Republican always talking about the Law and the Constitution, have willfully, supported Trumps actions, and then act like they have no understanding of provisions such as the Logan Act. Nor do they even consider that he has taken a position to try and Usurp the President of the United States, with his continued utterances and inflaming lip flapping.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 12-29-2016 at 12:00 PM..

Old 12-29-2016, 11:37 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,125,629 times
SINCE you suggest maps you may want to take a peek at Israel's land in the larger context of the middle east.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:40 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,230,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Obama will spend the next years building support for and coddling to Muslim terrorists.
Get off the silly pills, you are still pushing some Birther Crap and trying to covertly claim Obama as being Muslim. You are not slick nor smart, but certainly you are demonstrating an ingrained level of ignorance, when this matter has continually been refuted. All you do is Insult yourself by such comments, but you are not even aware enough to know that.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:04 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,285,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I was thinking of the feeble minded who keep raising it as some sort of proof that Hillary should be in the White House, yet won't mention this all came from just one state where neither candidate campaigned. LOL

Hillary & Obama were not only roundly but soundly and most profoundly rejected by the American people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
That's such an insanely wrong statement, but you are so brainwashed by Trump's ****** games that you spend 24 hours a day on this site posting fake news and defending your guy that you are blind to the truth.

(Curious as to why the words "con man" were censored)
Waldo posts more sensible and well thought out posts than 90% of the liberal dumba**es on this forum. Just cause you cannot come to grips with the election beatdown doesn't mean every criticle article referenced is 'fake'. Lefties morons haven't learned a thing. Good for us, bad for you.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:25 PM

22,485 posts, read 12,029,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The cretin in the White House will continue to void his bowels on America well past his expiration date on January 20th. Nobody said anything or interfered when he took office but for him, it's different. He's too afraid of his precious legacy being destroyed and I hope Trump does just that. Rip it to shreds and flush it down the crapper.
Per the bolded --- I think he's gotten a head start on that with his despicable actions. Trump will finish the job.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:49 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,702,832 times
Some facts to add to the debate: Israel is about the size of New Jersey.

The Palestinians have been kicked out of every country they've fled to, from Jordan to Lebanon and most recently (1991) Kuwait. When I lived in the Middle East (in an Arab country) I learned that virtually all of the Arabs want nothing to do with the Palestinians.

What we call the West Bank was actually captured during the 1967 war from Jordan - and Jordan has since legally ceded it and its occupants to Israel. The UN resolution calling it 'occupied Palestinian land' will eventually result in a Palestinian uprising, which will be suppressed by force. People will die because of that resolution.

I did detect a certain disrespect by the average Israeli toward Palestinians generally, but I was there during the second Intifada, when Palestinian suicide bombers were routinely blowing up Israelis on public buses and in other public places. I detected - and experienced - downright hostility on the parts of most Palestinians I met.

That said, there are small groups within both the Palestinian and Israeli communities who are trying to get the Palestinians their own economy, their own job base and a better education.

Finally, this was not Obama's final act. I've heard he's got a couple more bombshells to drop, including something regarding gun restrictions. Don't know the details.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:41 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,128,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
You may fair better to Look at Maps

I'd like to see how you'd like it if the city you live, decided to create eminent domains and consume much of your property and then kept expanding and consuming more and more and more, and then put you under a form of house arrest and limit you mobility on the parts that is left to you,then tell you, they don't recognize the portion that is left to you.

If the Jewish people think that land was historically theirs, they should never have left it. The same as you can't go back and claim a property you abandoned and it became the property of someone else.

I am not a worshiper of Israel's Jewish People, to me they are simply people, not any more special than any other people. I don't see them in any means or form or under any terms to be special above others. What time has shown is their utter disrespect for the Palestinians. As to Arabs have conflict about Israel, that may well have had a different paradigm of concept if they had made efforts to not come in like the rich kid on the block and think everyone else is subservient to them, because they were backed up by the British and the Americans and other nations that supported taking that land from the Palestinians and giving creating Israel.

During the 1940's.... There was a lot of sympathy given to Jewish people after Hitler's acts, but that sympathy should not have been used to disrespect others, nor should it have been given the power to patronize Jewish people to the extent of supporting the concept of anything goes for Israel, certainly there should have been no mass support in allowance of their continuance to expand by encroachment upon land that was not carved out and given to them.
The map clearly shows, the first act, of carving out land for them, that it was an unbalanced divide, and resulted to practically land-lock the Palestinians, when by right they should have had direct coastal lines along the Mediterranean Sea and for certain, direct access to the Mediterranean Sea. Even the conditions of the divide dictated a constructed methodology of impoverishment and containment upon and against the Palestinian people.

If you were of the Palestinians culture, you'd be very upset too!!!

Heck, here in America, white people fought like crazy trying to deny the basic humanity of Civil Rights for minorities, specifically black people: and if they could have relegated black people to a specific land locked state, they would have tried to do that too. The exact same thing as they did to the American Native Indian's whom were relegated to the most non fertile lands in the nation, and "then treated as being less than" in every category of social and civic society and ill regarded as being 100% American. This is exactly what Israel is trying to continue to do to the Palestinians.

Currently, with all the flack and crap that Benjamin Netanyahu talks; then it is quite likely we as a nation need to review the money that is being sent to them and make "damn sure", it is very specific in its usage, which does not aid or abet Israels encroaching activities in even the remotes abstract manner. He came over here before and went and talked to Congressional people and slighted the President, which was a direct insult to the Office of President, as well as to the sitting President, all in his aim to try and strong arm his will and wants, as if he can influence and dictate something to Americans, he was able to do such because we have a Republican Congress that was already wrapped in a spin of insulting the Office of the President. Not only Benjamin Netanyahu also Every Republican Congressmen who met with him should have been charged with sedition. At no time should we have allowed such an insult to the Office of the President, nor the sitting President. But Republican did it because they had no respect for a black man who held that seat and they had contempt at the man and the democratic party. Sadly, we let that slip by without stern actions against these people with charge of sedition.

If the same thing by a foreign head of state had been done to disrespect the Office of the President and the sitting president such as someone like President Reagan (a white man in the Office of the President), American's would have been raising hell and Israel would have faced sanctions and the Congressmen would have had a recall effort engaged that would have removed them from their seats.

"SOME" white people are a trip, The exact same as they let Trump get away with saying and doing anything, because he is a white man, they are supporting him doing anything and everything and giving it a pass, to the point that he has disrespected the Logan Act Trump has repeatedly violated the Logan Act since the Election, before he is officially seated to office. Trump is at this time, still technically a private citizen.

Republican always talking about the Law and the Constitution, have willfully, supported Trumps actions, and then act like they have no understanding of provisions such as the Logan Act. Nor do they even consider that he has taken a position to try and Usurp the President of the United States, with his continued utterances and inflaming lip flapping.
Ten paragraphs of nonsense. Let the sympathetic Arab states that are 200-times the size of Israel provide the land for the imaginary state of Palestine. Let the Arabs give it to them. Let them survey a parcel and hand it over to your precious Hamas.

But NO----the land must come from the miniscule Israel. A suicide pact is what you are advocating for the Jewish State.
Your motivation is disgraceful and transparent.

Either Israel survives and lives in peace, or all adjoining Arab States will be destroyed, and we will be there to assist. Time is running out.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:30 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,084,347 times
obama is such a POS POTUS............GTFO already!!! I like acronyms, I was in the military.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:52 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,867,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I don't think Obama is going to go quietly into the night after January 20. Too young, too narcissistic, still ambitious enough to think that its not too late for Hope or Change and that his voice still matters.

He's had a busy few weeks - shortening the sentences of criminals, arranging the release of more Gitmo detainees, bragging that he could have won a third term if he had been allowed to run, constant and multiple sideways-insinuations that Clinton lost because of people who don't like "those who look different from them", stabbing Israel in the back, threatening sanctions against the Russians, banning drilling in the Arctic and the Atlantic, finger pointing at Trump and other American citizens at the USS Arizona memorial, arranging to accept refugees that were not accepted in Australia. Just off the top of my head.

I recognize that I view Obama through a lens of significant dissatisfaction with his political and social ideology. I get that. And I get that he is trying hard to shore up a shaky legacy. But when his policies were so roundly rejected on a national level, when his party is hurting and floundering, when the country is so divided, when he is accusing the Russians of doing the same thing HE did in Israel, when he is three weeks away from walking out the front door of the WH maybe - just maybe - he could show some leadership, some steadiness, some sense of taking the high road, some high minded statesmanship that would inspire good will from a nation hopeful but uncertain about the future. But that's not the way he's going out. It will just be more of the same until the last moment.

Good riddance to you Sir.
Out of your detailed analysis of Obama, I can only agree with one part........he is not going to go away quietly. After he and Michele leave office they are going to immerse themselves in working in social areas, mainly trying to help steer black and Hispanic young people in the right direction. A very noble and much needed endeavor , IMO.

As for the rest of your post, it is simply incorrect and , of course, slanted to see it how you want to see it. He COULD have won the election, if he had been able to run........Hell, even Hillary, with all her baggage, won the popular vote by a large percentage! Think about that. Hillary had more people vote for her than Trump, and only the Electoral College thing let him win the election. Obama would have obliterated Trump in every respect.

As for Obama not being seen as a good President, 54 percent of Americans feel differently , and even Trump supporters can do the math on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections