Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 10:34 AM

2,817 posts, read 2,124,121 times

Advertisements

Why can't liberals just give up on the Popular vote excuse?

Liken to an aspirin, an excuse blocks the painful truth for a brief period.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:41 AM

6,456 posts, read 7,029,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Fair enough.

How about Trump admitting he won the Presidency, while losing the popular vote?

It works both ways.
Ok, How about Hillary admit that the Democrats lost across the board?

The Presidency
The Senate
The House
Majority Governorships
Majority State Legislatures

Admit that much and I'll bet Trump will be willing to admit that large swathes of voters in California and New York State voted for Hillary.

What I find hilarious is that not only are Democrats pretending Trump won on some minor technicality--but they refuse to admit that they lost the election on every level.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:43 AM

25,669 posts, read 17,441,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Trump believes the electoral college is bad for this country as well.
That was true until he realized that we have a choice:

We retain the electoral college, or we let California and New York run the entire country.
Not much of a choice, that.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:13 AM

15,052 posts, read 12,258,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Hillary Lovers did have Stein causing a big stir and a lot of hope.... What ever happened to the NEWLY RICH crooked Stein?

As Herman Munster said, "I demand a recount! This election was fixed!" I guess she thought she would play that game...
Wow, I didn't even see Herman Munster's name on the ballot I filled in, LOL.

Wonder whatever happened to good old Jill Stein after her recount efforts in those three states flopped in her face? I know she wrote a letter to the DOJ requesting that they investigate the election due to "irregularities" supposedly affecting mainly minorities they reportedly found in the recounts. I don't think that even made the main stream news media, and I haven't heard anything else about it. I'm guessing that Loretta Lynch is too busy packing her bags to do much of anything else these days, and probably wouldn't touch those election results with a 10 foot pole anyway as it seems those irregularities occurred in areas where Hillary won the vote by a large majority.

But it didn't sound to me as most Democrats-held much hope for Stein's recount efforts to do anything to change the outcome, at least the folks who spoke out about it seemed to think it was mostly a self-serving waste of money on Stein's part. I suppose there were a few Democrats who contributed to her recount funding requests, thinking at least it was something they could do, but it also seemed to me that she got most of her funding from large entity donors ( George Soros?, Hillary Clinton's Campaign funds?; GOP "Never Trumpers???, who knows?) in the hopes that those recounts might serve to delay Trump's transition to president and appear to delegitimize his presidency if the votes had to go to the House.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,464,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
. Do you really seriously think illegals aren't voting in CA?
Maybe they do maybe they dont,i've yet to see reliable data confirming either viewpoint..

Old 01-02-2017, 08:59 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,853,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That was true until he realized that we have a choice:

We retain the electoral college, or we let California and New York run the entire country.
Not much of a choice, that.
Or, that he won by the electoral college. What a different song and dance he is singing now.

In the 1700's, when the electoral college was enacted, populations were still a pipe dream. The electoral college had more to do with slaves and their slave owners.............and no high tech America in the colonies. Our system should be changed to 1 vote 1 person........the whole system is outdated. IMO

Hopefully, something will be done before the next presidential election. Lets make it an election, not a selection.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,884,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
"Yes, Mr. Trump won under the rules, but the rules should change so that a presidential election reflects the will of Americans and promotes a more participatory democracy," - New York Times editorial board.

This argument is the some nonsense that a person losing a close sports game would use. You know the rules are the rules so play by these rules and lose by them.
How might Trump supporters accepted election results had Trump won the popular vote and lost the Electorial College?

Prior to Election Day, Trump referred to the Electorial College as a rigged system. Since it went in his favor, he's good with it.

No matter election outcomes, 50% +/- of the country does not approve. Internet and social media enables the masses to whine about it.

We experienced Bush Derangement Syndrome, followed by Obama Derangement Syndromeand now we have Trump Derangement Syndrome. On the flip side, a percentage of the population has always been into celebrity worship. It's as American as apple pie and all that.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,316,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
"Yes, Mr. Trump won under the rules, but the rules should change so that a presidential election reflects the will of Americans and promotes a more participatory democracy," - New York Times editorial board.

This argument is the some nonsense that a person losing a close sports game would use. You know the rules are the rules so play by these rules and lose by them.
Why can't conservatives give up on calling facts 'excuses'?

You just elected Mr. Blame-it-on-anything-or-anyone-but-me. Rather ironic.

That fact-free alt-right universe must be really interesting.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:50 PM

289 posts, read 146,310 times
It isn't called a mental illness for nothing. If you explain it they'll just stick their fingers in their ears and call you an uneducated racist.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:10 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Havent republicans been whining,bellyaching and crying like little school girls for the last 8 years?

Nowhere near the level Dems are right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections