Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 07:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,988,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I suppose it will largely depend on how he does his first couple years, but if he is a disaster, I think the Republicans will mount a primary challenge in 2020.

What do you think, and who do you think would mount the challenge? Ted Cruz? Rand Paul?
I think if he too much of a disaster, we will learn to say President Pence, and he would win re-election if he is truly a Conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 07:38 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,241,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I suppose it will largely depend on how he does his first couple years, but if he is a disaster, I think the Republicans will mount a primary challenge in 2020.
Trump will most likely be embroiled in constant ethics issues. The Media will hound him at every turn on ethics.

There's also the specter of constant civil litigation against Trump's companies, which will take its toll.

The GOP Establishment is hostile to Trump and not likely to be supportive.

Ryan's plans for Social Security and Medicare are not socially popular, and such tinkering will cost the Republicans in the Mid-Term Elections.

None of Trump's policies will significantly boost the economy, so it's steady-as-she-sluggishly-goes.

I suspect 4 years will be more than Trump can handle, and he'll simply choose not to run for re-election, citing age or health reasons.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:40 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,759,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Trump will most likely be embroiled in constant ethics issues. The Media will hound him at every turn on ethics.
Nice to see someone admit the media is biased completely against Trump instead of just reporting the news.

This is why the media is now irrelevant. They absolutely failed to keep Trump from being elected.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,613,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nice to see someone admit the media is biased completely against Trump instead of just reporting the news.

This is why the media is now irrelevant. They absolutely failed to keep Trump from being elected.
Only to the most die-hard partisan hacks is the American media 'now irrelevant'.

The will be more relevant than ever with diligent investigation and reporting.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:56 PM

16,042 posts, read 22,018,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

There's also the specter of constant civil litigation against Trump's companies, which will take its toll.

The GOP Establishment is hostile to Trump and not likely to be supportive.

Ryan's plans for Social Security and Medicare are not socially popular, and such tinkering will cost the Republicans in the Mid-Term Elections.

None of Trump's policies will significantly boost the economy, so it's steady-as-she-sluggishly-goes.

I suspect 4 years will be more than Trump can handle, and he'll simply choose not to run for re-election, citing age or health reasons.
Yes on all.

I would add that the wolves in Trump's cabinet ready to devour the foundations of Democracy will step in, taking over and creating a landslide victory for anyone in their midst pushed to the front as a candidate.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:01 PM

16,042 posts, read 22,018,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A free media is ALWAYS relevant, and necessary, in a real Democracy.

Are you old enough to remember the information blackouts during the Iron Curtain?

Is Breitbart going to be the official "news media" accepted by the T administration?

Old 01-08-2017, 07:14 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,128,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
A free media is ALWAYS relevant, and necessary, in a real Democracy.

Are you old enough to remember the information blackouts during the Iron Curtain?

Is Breitbart going to be the official "news media" accepted by the T administration?

I know liberals only want people tongetbinfronfrom
MSNBC and The Young Turks but that is it happening

Old 01-08-2017, 07:34 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,621,602 times
Trump has been making some Conservative cabinet appointments, so I doubt there will be a huge resistance from the Right to primary Trump in 2020 (assuming that the economy does well during Trump's presidency).

Old 01-09-2017, 01:20 AM

7,191 posts, read 4,788,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump will do just fine and be asked to run again in 2020 when he may or may not choose to run again. I think if he gets the "ball" rolling in the right direction that he may hand the nomination over to Pence who will slam dunk the Democratic nominee off the map!
Trump isn't relinquishing the stage for anybody.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:35 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,386,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Only to the most die-hard partisan hacks is the American media 'now irrelevant'.

The will be more relevant than ever with diligent investigation and reporting.
They are still relevant, but much less so. Twitter allowed (and still allows) Trump to bypass the biased media and communication right to the people.

Now, if Twitter somehow doesn't make it another 4 years (they are losing a ton of money), Trump could legitimately have a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections