Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the 2020 democratic candidate will run on the platform of tearing down the wall?
Yes 19 27.54%
No 50 72.46%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 01:49 PM

6,383 posts, read 5,508,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A fence is not a wall and please read my post#33 for your answers.
Ah....someone who has all the answers. At last!

Who needs facts when you have a strong-willed racially motivated opinion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 02:50 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Ah....someone who has all the answers. At last!

Who needs facts when you have a strong-willed racially motivated opinion!

Racially motivated? I'd watch the insults if I were you. What's racist about wanting a wall to deter illegal immigration? Illegal alien isn't a race.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Racially motivated? I'd watch the insults if I were you. What's racist about wanting a wall to deter illegal immigration? Illegal ali en isn't a race.
You can choose to play naive all you want. If the the prototype of an "illegal alien" where a lumberjack Canadian riding in on a moose to work as a low-wage day laborer... the idea of building a wall to keep them out would have far less support and even less of a reality than the fairy-tail one on the southern border.

Old 01-25-2017, 06:43 AM

3,537 posts, read 3,740,797 times
If he just builds what was already approved, probably not. If it's something more, like a real wall, then I do think the Dems will run against knocking it down. Dems are ideological about immigration instead of practical, so the wall will likely be a topic they can use to rev up their base.

Old 01-25-2017, 06:45 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,877,477 times
I hope so... I would love a landslide loss for the Democrats...

Old 01-25-2017, 09:21 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,515,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Do you think the 2020 democratic candidate will run on the platform of tearing down the wall?
Maybe?

But really the canidate/party has to focus on one question in 2020.

The question the democrat caniadate needs pose in four years to the general electorate is:

1. Are YOU better off today than you were 4 years ago?

Btw. Asking that question could end up being a positive or negative thing for that canidate.

And of course then that canidate can follow with their policies. But that question has to come first.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:35 PM

1,743 posts, read 993,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
We cant afford a wall. If we cant give people insurance we'd better not build a damn wall...ridiculous. We already know that Mexico isn't paying the bill.
We can't afford to not build the wall!

And for those saying Trump is running away from the wall .. Did you see the conference today?

Can't afford the wall?
Mexico wont pay?

Imagine the wall that could be built with the money we can save ... getting rid of the Moochers!

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013)

$113 BILLION and this in 2013!

Past time to build the wall that Sens. Obama, Biden and Clinton, 64 House Democrats and 23 Senate Democrats voted for in 2006.

Quote:
Executive Summary

This report estimates the annual costs of illegal immigration at the federal, state and local level to be about $113 billion; nearly $29 billion at the federal level and $84 billion at the state and local level.

The study also estimates tax collections from illegal alien workers, both those in the above-ground economy and those in the underground economy.

Those receipts do not come close to the level of expenditures and, in any case, are misleading as an offset because over time unemployed and underemployed U.S. workers would replace illegal alien workers.
http://www.fairus.org/publications/t...ates-taxpayers

Old 01-25-2017, 03:43 PM

1,743 posts, read 993,628 times
For you butt hurt leftists that think that Dems are against a wall .. Did you see the line in my post above that says: Obama, Biden and Clinton, 64 House Democrats and 23 Senate Democrats voted for the wall in 2006?

Old 01-25-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
For you butt hurt leftists that think that Dems are against a wall .. Did you see the line in my post above that says: Obama, Biden and Clinton, 64 House Democrats and 23 Senate Democrats voted for the wall in 2006?
You do realize the source you just posted is from a fringe xenophobic think tank and is not in any way an official documentation of any of the claims you've made here....

Old 01-25-2017, 08:06 PM

4,529 posts, read 4,057,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
1. Are YOU better off today than you were 4 years ago?

Btw. Asking that question could end up being a positive or negative thing for that canidate.
Are the idiots going to be baited by fake paid for protests and riots to start a civil war?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections