Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 03:21 AM

4,661 posts, read 4,143,624 times

Advertisements

Chris Matthews was once a serious journalist and somehwere along the line became a libdem shill.

Lawrence O'Donnel has always been a frothing-at-the-mouth partisan hack.

Rachel Maddow is a freakshow who does not belong on any televison set.

Ed Schultz is the biggest boob of them all but is such a loser that he is somewhat innocuous.

And the funniest part is that CNN outdid them all in shameful partisan cheerleading and collusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 03:50 AM

3,918 posts, read 4,576,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
And they were certainly right in their premise - which was that rational people would never, ever vote for someone so ignorant, so inarticulate, so bigoted, so sexist, so offensive, so bullying, so nasty, so tawdry.

What they missed was that a mind-boggling chunk of America just doesn't care about core values.
A lot of people rational people didn't vote for him in the primaries, and then he won the nomination and then a lot of those rational people ended up voting for him because... Hillary. The worst candidate ever. She lost to Trump. Trump!

Old 01-19-2017, 10:10 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,104,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Member when all said, NO way Donald was gonna be a canidate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4zwsvMJ5uQ&t=79s
I have to admit I was one who first said: he isn't really serious: then I said he can not get the nomination, then I said the GOP will find a way to stop him and last but not least, even up to election day, I said he would not come anywhere close to winning. I am very happy now that I had to eat that awful crow!!!

Old 01-19-2017, 01:53 PM

26,106 posts, read 22,301,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
And they were certainly right in their premise - which was that rational people would never, ever vote for someone so ignorant, so inarticulate, so bigoted, so sexist, so offensive, so bullying, so nasty, so tawdry.

What they missed was that a mind-boggling chunk of America just doesn't care about core values.
Actually, didn't the "ignorant, inarticulate, bigoted, sexist, offensive bully" win the popular vote? Yes, she did but not the EC vote. See, there is a good purpose that EC vote reigns supreme, it would be able to block a candidate that was morally, mentally and physically incapable of being POTUS, someone like Hillary Cinton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
They all eating crow lol how wonderful
Is eating the crow what is choking them all up? Kleenex manufacturer has to have made a bundle with this election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
A lot of people rational people didn't vote for him in the primaries, and then he won the nomination and then a lot of those rational people ended up voting for him because... Hillary. The worst candidate ever. She lost to Trump. Trump!
Hillary self-destructed little by little over an entire year. Trump was there picking up the pieces and claiming victory.

I could not believe that Trump won. I was sure that the Dems would find a way to cheat him like they did Bernie. That Hillary Clinton could not buy the election....... Life seems more fair now.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:39 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,120,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Yup, I admit it. I never believed that Trump would be chosen as the GOP nominee and I certainly never believed he could win the general election. But, there you go!
There is a POWERFUL lesson to be learned here. Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. To political experience at all and now he is president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections