Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 04:08 AM

33,386 posts, read 12,686,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
3) Hillary's face during the entire ceremony.
Will MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC avoid showing her face at all, and FOX focus on her face ?

(jk)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 06:49 AM

26,106 posts, read 22,301,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Does not really matter, she's got more intestinal fortitude, than those dems who are not attending.....
Intestinal problems more likely and the diaper should cover for that! Hopefully, if she is there, it won't be 70 degrees so she can avoid passing out!

I am sure she would not want to be there, but not showing up would make her look even worse than the campaign she just went through. She needs to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
For all those that live within USA..Best acknowledge that NOT all American's are agreeable..and MUST accept someone who scares them..or emobies something fundamentally against their values!! It will always come down to individual values.. So, Partisans want such freedom of expression.. yet deny those that DO NOT AGREE ..Appears rather counterintuitive !! "Peaceful Protests" unacceptable yet enshrined within the Constitution.. Kind of tells the tales, eh?

It's become obvious throughout the transition that Trump is unable to deal with criticism.. It also appears his AVID followers too are unable to deal with criticism without b=calling names.. or demeaning whomever calls out something! From my tracking.. The only ones who are so AVID..are the ones who somehow belong to the 20% + or - of the base.. All the other Trump voters voted for many other reasons!!

Guess, Intolerance trumps when it comes to postings..however..even Many Trump voters are nervous..and HOPING for the Best.. At this point Nobody knows just how a Trump Presidency will affect them.

I say hope for the beat but be prepare for the worst. Unworthies may indeed feel the direct affects!! Sure hope not.. but be prepared!!
No one here has a problem with PEACEFUL protests or those that are within the law which the majority of liberals showing up do not comprehend. I realize that someone outside the country really would not have a clue. The newsfeed is horse poop that spreads this "fear" crap. We are not afraid. We are breathing a little easier knowing that Obama leaves the White House today and globalism is being held at bay.

Trump will be my POTUS is just a very few hours and everyone I know is thrilled about it. Our fear was that the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary and her cronies promoting globalism and the destruction of our country as we know it has ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It matters to me. It's an interesting piece of political trivia.
I agree! But, as you know, many don't think for themselves and would need to have the answer to your question along with any thoughts fed to them by liberal media or they would simply stammer when asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I think most members of Congress attend (at least those who aren't snowflakes). McCain isn't a petty person, so I suspect that he was there in 2009.
McCain would have done the proper thing, attend, unless there were circumstances, family, health, etc. that would have come up and prevented it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
So she will be breaking some kind of glass ceiling
And, hopefully not breaking anything else if she falls out again like she did at 9/11! I bet though, she is mad as a wet hen! Poor Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Where do these inconsequential and obtuse questions come from?
Intelligent thought. Intelligent people are curious people. Also, many of us were taught things like American Government, US History and Economics, thus our interest in having an intelligent conversation about this election and how those subjects apply to the presidency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Maybe she'll melt like all of her snowflake supporters, kind of like the wicked witch from Oz. I would pay to see that.
Like at 9/11? I suppose she'll be drugged up enough to stay calm in the face of the public. I would not want to be around her this morning as I suspect she is raging like bull! I guess in my prayers that Trump stay safe, I should add Bill Clinton.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:42 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,351,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Interesting Question..

Is Hillary Clinton the first defeated Presidential non-incumbent candidate to attend the inauguration of their opponent? This due to her unique status as wife of a former living President.

Hillary is the first female candidate to win the popular VOTE for President to attend the inauguration of her opponent.

If Vladimir Putin attends the Inauguration, he will be the first person in attendance that hacked a General Election for a person who is utterly unfit to be President.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:06 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,106,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
So she will be breaking some kind of glass ceiling
More likely she will be breaking glass while throwing a tantrum behind closed doors. Secret service agents aren't permitted to report about this stuff.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:07 AM

24,473 posts, read 23,172,052 times
Maybe its her body double attending. If Bill seems friendly to her then you know its the double.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:26 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,480,574 times
She didn't look very happy or excited to be there.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:47 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,249,811 times
McCain and Kerry both attended as sitting US Senators. Gore attended as President of the Senate (which is what the VPs role is on Capital Hill.) Romney was not a Congressman or Senator so he would not have had the same position.

As much as some want to gloat or whine I think it is actually to our credit when the defeated candidate grants that level of credibility to the incoming POTUS.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:58 PM

5,558 posts, read 7,156,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Will MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC avoid showing her face at all, and FOX focus on her face ?

(jk)
They will be too busy covering all the protesters in different states.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:24 PM

45,581 posts, read 60,994,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
She didn't look very happy or excited to be there.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:22 PM

15,086 posts, read 12,277,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
Waldo, I'm pretty sure that Richard Nixon was at John Kennedy's 1961 inauguration, Hubert Humphrey was at Richard Nixon's 1969 inauguration, and Al Gore was at George W. Bush's 2001 inauguration; all three men would have been present due to their status as outgoing vice presidents.

This is a very interesting question, and I'm honestly not sure if any other politicians (other than outgoing presidents who were defeated for re-election) were at the inaugurations of their opponents.
It might have been that Hillary was there as the spouse of a former president. While I'm no fan of Hillary's, IMO it was to her credit that she was there, it had to be difficult, I imagine, for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections