Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 01:22 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,759,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
As a Democrat, I would be completely fine with Chuck Schumer. The man is sharp, quick thinking and knows how government works. His speech was very good..
Ahh yeah,

The man whose family was to make 10s of millions should the NBC/Comcast - Time Warner Cable merger had gone through. A deal that had to pass anti-Trust scrutiny which Schumer headed. Higher cable bills for everyone, Schumer's brother makes 10s of millions.

When this connection was exposed, Schumer claimed he had "no knowledge".

Yeah, that Schumer. Part of the swamp that should be drained.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:22 AM

18,104 posts, read 27,575,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I fast-forwarded through him. What a pompous ass and grandiose.

He sounds from what little I can tell, like an Obama press conference, droning on and on about his own voice and vocabulary.
It was a good speech about a man that loved this country so much that he knew he might die in battle but felt it was an honor and debt he would gladly pay and he did die in battle.
Ahh yeah,

The man whose family was to make 10s of millions should the NBC/Comcast - Time Warner Cable merger had gone through. A deal that had to pass anti-Trust scrutiny which Schumer headed. Higher cable bills for everyone, Schumer's brother makes 10s of millions.

When this connection was exposed, Schumer claimed he had "no knowledge".

Yeah, that Schumer. Part of the swamp that should be drained.
Ooh snap.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:32 AM

21,524 posts, read 10,648,718 times
Quote:
As a Democrat, I would be completely fine with Chuck Schumer. The man is sharp, quick thinking and knows how government works. His speech was very good.

Whether we are enemies or adversaries is up for debate. I think Democrats became so enraged by the way President Obama was treated that they are looking forward to doing the same in return. Trump makes it particularly easy to do but I think it would have been the same no matter who would have won.
Obama was treated better than the previous four presidents combined. Give me a break! He had the press nearly unanimously on his side, covering for him in all the various scandals. They even had the gall to call his presidency scandal free. What, because he wasn't getting bj's in the Oval Office? So what, neither did most presidents. But his IRS did target conservative groups. His administration did spy on a news reporter, even tapping his parents' phone and computer to catch a whistleblower. He did prosecute more whistleblowers than any other president. He did deny more Freedom of Information Act requests than any other president. He lied and was caught in lies multiple times. He had an assassination program where he met with people to decide who to drone every week (Terror Tuesdays). The amount of bombs dropped during his terms in office average out to one every 20 minutes in the last eight years. He destabilized Libya with no follow up plan, turning it into a training ground for terrorists and the starting point for the worst migration crisis since WWII. And don't even get me started on the high cost of insurance.

So, Bush deserved the treatment he got, but so did Obama while you guys and the press and even shows like SNL gave him a pass. So excuse me if I don't feel bad Obama had to deal with an opposition party like every other president before him.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:01 AM

59,500 posts, read 27,625,775 times
Shumer is 1 of the MOST partisan members of Congress.

When I worked at the Senate we were briefed on "certain" Senators.

The word on Chuckie was, If there is a camera ANYWHERE and Chuckie hears about it, do NOT get in is way.

He LOVES getting his face on TV.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:09 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,298,255 times
Quote:
As a Democrat, I would be completely fine with Chuck Schumer. The man is sharp, quick thinking and knows how government works. His speech was very good.

Whether we are enemies or adversaries is up for debate. I think Democrats became so enraged by the way President Obama was treated that they are looking forward to doing the same in return. Trump makes it particularly easy to do but I think it would have been the same no matter who would have won.

please!......President Obama was treated way better than W BUSH since he was the first Black President and anybody who criticized Obama were labeled a racist and bigot by the left.

the MSM and tv shows treated Obama like royalty since he ran in 2007......W Bush didn't get that treatment and Trump less.

I didn't see Republicans act so childish and criminal on the streets when Obama won....but democrats were hostile to W Bush and way hostile to Trump.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:23 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,087,383 times
I do not need to like, dislike, agree nor disagree with Senator Schumer's speech. I do not have to be a liberal or progressive, nor a conservative or populist.

To hear clearly his clarion call for defense of government against a surge of populism. It was implicit and clear by the reading of the Civil War soldier's letter. When I heard his speech, in particular that emphasis, it made sense, since that is the focus of the Democrat Party, but also many establishment Republicans. Government, particularly big government is the god, the protector, the provider, the matriarchal knows best of all establishmentarians.

Not my bent, but understand the 'necessity' of the rallying cry.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:16 PM

1,548 posts, read 917,356 times
Rat-faced bastard.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:06 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,250,511 times
His speech was complete garbage, so yes he's a shoo-in for the 2020 Democratic run.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:34 AM

33,394 posts, read 12,686,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Obama was treated better than the previous four presidents combined. Give me a break! He had the press nearly unanimously on his side, covering for him in all the various scandals. They even had the gall to call his presidency scandal free. What, because he wasn't getting bj's in the Oval Office? So what, neither did most presidents. But his IRS did target conservative groups. His administration did spy on a news reporter, even tapping his parents' phone and computer to catch a whistleblower. He did prosecute more whistleblowers than any other president. He did deny more Freedom of Information Act requests than any other president. He lied and was caught in lies multiple times. He had an assassination program where he met with people to decide who to drone every week (Terror Tuesdays). The amount of bombs dropped during his terms in office average out to one every 20 minutes in the last eight years. He destabilized Libya with no follow up plan, turning it into a training ground for terrorists and the starting point for the worst migration crisis since WWII. And don't even get me started on the high cost of insurance.

So, Bush deserved the treatment he got, but so did Obama while you guys and the press and even shows like SNL gave him a pass. So excuse me if I don't feel bad Obama had to deal with an opposition party like every other president before him.
+1

Old 01-22-2017, 09:38 AM

8,907 posts, read 5,405,041 times
Quote:

Yes, the Republicans weren't willing to kiss BO's behind, so they became "enraged."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections