Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Hillary would get elected mayor of New York?
Yes 31 52.54%
No 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 08:55 AM

25,948 posts, read 22,098,104 times

Advertisements

I voted "no" after reading a couple of articles. I think she is too ill to run. As POTUS, she would have had a massive staff to hide behind and her incompetence would not have been as noticeable, but as mayor, she would be front and center and most likely both figuratively and literally fall on her face. I suspect her mental health, what was left of it, has suffered a great deal since her loss.

Dog catcher? She didn't do that good of job of keeping up with Bill!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 08:57 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,974,321 times
Hillary is damaged goods who couldn't beat Obama in their primary, had to cheat to beat Bernie in 2016, and then couldn't beat one of the worst candidates we have ever seen.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Hillary is damaged goods who couldn't beat Obama in their primary, had to cheat to beat Bernie in 2016, and then couldn't beat one of the worst candidates we have ever seen.
Hillary was the worst candidate by your own description above. She self-destructed and Trump just had to pick up the pieces and run with it. Hillary was everything bad for our country, a pretty easy slamdunk.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Do you think Hillary would get elected mayor of New York?
If she ran, she would.

But she's not gonna run, she has other things she wants to do.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:02 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,974,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Hillary was the worst candidate by your own description above. She self-destructed and Trump just had to pick up the pieces and run with it. Hillary was everything bad for our country, a pretty easy slamdunk.
I said Trump was ONE of the worst because I consider Hillary one of the other worst. Unfortunately one of them had to win, doesn't make one much better than the other.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
If she ran, she would.

Get ready to run for POTUS in 2020? Get a high paying job so she can pay back all of those donations she took on her pre-pay to play that she can't deliver on? Try to keep up with Bill and his "little blue pills"?

Hillary Clinton can barely stand on her own half the time, so I don't see her "running" for anything. She would not be running against Trump, so how she did in the General Election would not be in play. It is always fun to say that "IF", but often that isn't the reality. "IF" she doesn't run, both herself and what is left of her supporters can always say she would have won, "IF" she runs they'll all know the truth. Hillary Clinton is finished having destroyed herself.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:47 PM

672 posts, read 502,584 times
New York City is a hotbed of Liberals. They love Hillary and She has massive support there and would win in a landslide if she ran. She got more votes in NYC then trump

Hillary Clinton possibly mulling a run for NYC mayor: source - NY Daily News

Old 01-26-2017, 04:56 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
If she ran, she would.

Like become a maid at the Super 8 Motel.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:57 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,714 times
Of course she'd win. They love her and would be fine with whatever level of corruption she gave them.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:01 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Get ready to run for POTUS in 2020? Get a high paying job so she can pay back all of those donations she took on her pre-pay to play that she can't deliver on? Try to keep up with Bill and his "little blue pills"?
I dunno what her plans are. The OP's article mentioned a possible talk show of some kind. I still think working on developing and implementing new programs for the Clinton Foundation is most likely, but she hardly consults me, so it's speculation on my part.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton can barely stand on her own half the time, so I don't see her "running" for anything. She would not be running against Trump, so how she did in the General Election would not be in play. It is always fun to say that "IF", but often that isn't the reality. "IF" she doesn't run, both herself and what is left of her supporters can always say she would have won, "IF" she runs they'll all know the truth. Hillary Clinton is finished having destroyed herself.
I actually don't care, at this point, whether she runs or not. Up to her. If/when she does, I'll make up my mind about it then.

And you must not have looked at the OP's article. She looks GREAT, well-rested and smiling. She has great resilience. And is a long way from being "destroyed".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections