Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 11:17 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,103,966 times

Advertisements

Thank you Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...res_about_the/

A tale of two ideologies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 03:06 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,469,985 times
Must be those little things called responsibility, honor, ethics, integrity, morals, and concern for your fellow man.

Oh yeah, you forget, it's supposed to be all about ME.

Sorry. Excuse me.
I believe You got it all wrong.

The hell with of the rest of you that don't agree with me.

But .... I promise that someday, I will grow up and become an adult.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 01-29-2017 at 03:16 PM..

Old 01-29-2017, 03:27 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,974,101 times
The anti-Trump March (it was a "Democratic March") had over 1,000,000 people.

The anti-Choice March had less than 500 people. In other words less than 1% of the total numbers on Jan. 21st.

Besides how can that photograph have any credibility ... no proof of time or date or location?

I get it ... you just want to spew hate and demonize people who participated in the Women's March.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:38 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,119,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

The anti-Choice March had less than 500 people. In other words less than 1% of the total numbers on Jan. 21st.

Besides how can that photograph have any credibility ... no proof of time or date or location?

I get it ... you just want to spew hate and demonize people who participated in the Women's March.

Makes sense. There are definitely about a million Hillary lovers/sore losers

Old 01-29-2017, 05:03 PM

15,899 posts, read 6,370,464 times
Didn't they leave those signs there as a statement? It doesn't look like random trash to me. The area around it looks pretty clean.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:07 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,931,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Didn't they leave those signs there as a statement? It doesn't look like random trash to me. The area around it looks pretty clean.
Yes, they did, and this has been repeatedly reported by reliable sources.

Of course, convincing the hard-corps Trumpites of that is next to impossible, as they reject everything not in line with their own sad paranoia and fear.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:18 PM

15,899 posts, read 6,370,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Yes, they did, and this has been repeatedly reported by reliable sources.

Of course, convincing the hard-corps Trumpites of that is next to impossible, as they reject everything not in line with their own sad paranoia and fear.
That photo reminded me of tributes I have seen.

Amy Winehouse:

Prince:

Old 01-29-2017, 05:35 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,931,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That photo reminded me of tributes I have seen.

Amy Winehouse:

Prince:
And don't forget the tributes to Princess Diana, which appeared all around the world following her shocking, far-too-early death.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:47 PM

4,802 posts, read 2,815,025 times
Default Commit thoughtcrime: read a book

You want to claim Orwell? (From "War is peace", etc. - from 1984.) That would be a neat trick, given that he went to Spain & fought in the Spanish Civil War, with the Republicans & against the Nationalists (Franco's party). Orwell volunteered with a Marxist Worker's Party (his party in UK was related to this party), as I recall, served on the front lines, & was shot & wounded there.

Yah, he discovered that the USSR Communists & cadre in Spain were more interested in taking over the Left in Spain (& possibly the World) than in winning the war against the Nationalists in Spain. Orwell's Marxist party was suppressed in Spain (by the Communist party there), & he & his wife had to smuggle themselves out of Spain.

Orwell was always interested in precision in language, & in calling things by their proper name. This made his professional life - writing, editing, reviewing books & etc. - difficult. He would not lie to get along. His political vision was very sharp. I doubt that he would mistake Trump for a liberator.

Orwell is still an interesting writer, & had a lot to say about personal responsibility, especially among the writing class, & responsibility towards the ideas & the audience that writers addressed. I recommend his writing, especially on issues in & among the Left.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,866,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

I was in DC for a conference and there was a window overlooking the March for Life March where we took breaks; there was way more than 500 people, at least several thousand passed through during my short viewing time.

Regarding the picture on the right, the March for Life did not march in that area. The March went down Constitution Ave, the picture is from Jefferson, way south across the green from Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections