Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 05:10 AM

6,753 posts, read 3,377,577 times

Advertisements

I've said it before, but she would have to be some kind of masochist to want to be subjected once again to all of that scrutiny over the email scandal, Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation slush fund, etc. etc. And by 2020, who knows? She could be in bad health, in prison, or there could be even more dirt on her.

The Dems would have to be either bat-shyt crazy or very desperate to choose her again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 06:20 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,336,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
We already know Trump is likely to win again in 2020. But if the democrats run Hillary again, it will pretty much guarantee his victory.

So go ahead and run the "vote for me because I'm a woman" campaign again, democrats. Keep demonstrating to the world that you are not capable of learning.

Hillary Clinton Is Running Again - POLITICO Magazine

If Putin assists Donald Trump in 2020, Donald Trump will win.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:13 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,877,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I've said it before, but she would have to be some kind of masochist to want to be subjected once again to all of that scrutiny over the email scandal, Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation slush fund, etc. etc. And by 2020, who knows? She could be in bad health, in prison, or there could be even more dirt on her.

The Dems would have to be either bat-shyt crazy or very desperate to choose her again.
Its ironic that the autopsy said there are no new liberal blood in the Democratic party... that the old people who ruined the party are still in power... I find it funny that the old people want Hillary to run again... so much for new blood... hehehehe...

Old 02-17-2017, 07:42 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,084,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
If Putin assists Donald Trump in 2020, Donald Trump will win.
I hope he does, love the Russians............great people. They are a lot better folks than American libs.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:17 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,990,079 times
Oh, good! I get to vote AGAINST her one more time!

Old 02-17-2017, 03:41 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
There was nothing at all that was factual in the Politico article. It was just one person's opinion, based on Clinton's past.

His opinion may be accurate in its prediction too, but it says nothing at all about the Democratic party and it's relationship to Clinton. For her to win another nomination, she will have to rely on more than making all the right party insider moves next time, and a 3rd try for her would be a hell of a lot harder for her than the 2nd try was.

Right now, the Democrats are as fractured as the Republicans were in 2008. John McCain was the connected party insider then, but he wasn't the nominee with the full support of his party behind him, and neither was Clinton in 2016. McCain's loss became his party's loss in Congress, just as Hillary's loss was the Democratic party's Congressional loss in 2016.

The Republicans came bace because they bent to their Tea Party minority, which eventually led to both their return to a congressional majority and President Trump.

The same thing is beginning to take form in the Democratic party now. The fierce, vocal minority is still forming up and has yet to become defined, but definition will come, and when it does, the Democratic party will bend toward it, because it's the only direction strong enough to take back what the party lost.

Hillary is, and will remain, the biggest figurehead of the old party as it once was. The new party will have a new Central Committee that is not beholden to her, supported by party voters who won't vote for her, that is charged with finding fresh candidates and new blood, just as the Republicans did after 2008.

Like 2008, when those fresh faces were still unknown Republicans, no one back then could say for sure just who would emerge, but by 2010, it was becoming obvious who those new faces were. Many are now the current party leaders. They are the faces and voices of a changed Republican establishment that looks nothing like the 2008 Republican establishment.

I expect the same thing will happen in the Democratic party. We will begin seeing the new faces overcome their establishment opposition in 2018. By 2020, no matter how much Hillary wants the Presidency, I'm sure she won't ever come close to getting nominated.
She's a smart woman, and I'm fairly sure she will see the writing on the wall, and choose to support a younger, sharper, newer person she likes and abstain from another run. Just as McCain did.

There comes a day when even the most ambitious old dog in the pack calls it a day and stays on the porch. Even dogs realize they are too old to stay in front of the pack anymore. Hillary Clinton is smarter than most old dogs. She may want it, but she will come to accept she'll never get the get it, and she won't want the humiliation of another loss.

The Democrat's greatest problem is she won't give up her inside leadership any easier than she will give up her Presidential dreams. She and Bill are far stronger inside their party than the old Republican establishment leaders were in 2008. The new generation has their work cut out for them overcoming the Clinton resistance to them for some time to come.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:48 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,171,995 times
Oh my gosh! You can't be serious.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:25 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,446,169 times
I say Pocahontas should run, with that Boynton-Brown woman ("Whites need to shut up!") as her running mate.

Would make for great comedy and a guaranteed second term for Trump.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:44 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,109,441 times
Any chance the dems will run a centrist like Jim Webb? Virginia senator Mark Warner, who was a successful businessman, would be a strong choice too. If the dems run a radical leftist like Minnehaha they will lose.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:51 AM

45,466 posts, read 60,692,988 times
Webb is the same age as Clinton. Warner is 62, so is a possible.

I thought a businessman isn't a good choice. That's what we've heard since Trump's election.

Plus, Warner is Establishment and that's not really in vogue right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections