Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:20 AM

194 posts, read 281,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
THAT is delusional, especially in the case of Minnesota. MN will not vote R, especially if it's​ for The Cheeto

It's definetly trending R. Democrats better hope that it doesn't. As long as they have one Blue State in the Midwest they still have a chance to win other states in the region. If not the Midwest will be like the South for Republicans. They won't have to even compete there. Democrats better figure out a way to get White People to vote for them again soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 08:56 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,458,184 times
With all the crap flying around about the DNC again it will take a lot to get me back to voting Democrat.

We will see how the Russian crap pans out, I seriously think an independent has a better chance in 2020 than ever before.

My guess is a lot of people just won't vote next time around which will have its own influence.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:58 AM

3,169 posts, read 2,222,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
It's definetly trending R. Democrats better hope that it doesn't. As long as they have one Blue State in the Midwest they still have a chance to win other states in the region. If not the Midwest will be like the South for Republicans. They won't have to even compete there. Democrats better figure out a way to get White People to vote for them again soon.
Illinois is the only safe D state in the Midwest. It is not typical of the region because a very large share of the population is in a mega city and its immediate environs. Democrats have been very fortunate in Minnesota for many election cycles, but their luck could run out soon if the electorate polarizes by race even more than it has already.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:21 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
With all the crap flying around about the DNC again it will take a lot to get me back to voting Democrat.

We will see how the Russian crap pans out, I seriously think an independent has a better chance in 2020 than ever before.

My guess is a lot of people just won't vote next time around which will have its own influence.
you are right, the democrats have a lot to overcome in 2018 and 2020. this mess of their collusion with russia, and the newest issues of the party primaries being rigged for clinton, has created a real mess for the democrats. they might be able to clean up the mess before 2020, but likely not before 2018.

but depending on what they do, these messes will have long lasting negative effects on the party.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:32 AM

30,480 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Dems alienated the working class that built it.
that's putting it lightly, they crappped all over them and most of them finally realized it and voted Trump.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:12 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,635,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
that's putting it lightly, they crappped all over them and most of them finally realized it and voted Trump.
Which was an idiotic move, as The Cheeto thinks the working class are idiots (he said so in 1998)

Old 11-03-2017, 12:21 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,303,284 times
Default This is really funny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Presidents usually don't keep their promises, by choice.
Whereas President Trump is at least trying to keep every promise.
Trump fan base will not punish him for that.
Also I think the Independents will be disgusted by the Democrats obsession with Russia, and their overall sour grapes.
So Trump can carry support from those.
Do you write comedy for a living, or are you so out of touch that you really think any of what you wrote is true?

Talking over and over about building a wall (with taxpayer money) is not building a wall (paid for by Mexico).

AMERICANS have been obsessed by Russia since WWII.

I don't see any substantive evidence of what you have said so far, but keep going! It's Friday afternoon and I need a laugh.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:50 PM

194 posts, read 281,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Do you write comedy for a living, or are you so out of touch that you really think any of what you wrote is true?

Talking over and over about building a wall (with taxpayer money) is not building a wall (paid for by Mexico).

AMERICANS have been obsessed by Russia since WWII.

I don't see any substantive evidence of what you have said so far, but keep going! It's Friday afternoon and I need a laugh.
I don't think many people care if the wall is paid for by taxes or by Mexico

Old 11-05-2017, 06:48 AM

13,006 posts, read 18,928,755 times
If the economy is still as healthy as when Trump took office. If a health bill that covers all US citizens becomes law.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:36 AM
JRR

8,168 posts, read 5,677,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The real question is can Trump win Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania again? He only won those by the skin of his teeth. Unless there is a significant turnaround, I don't see Trump winning them again. Without them, Trump could hold every other state he won and he would still be a one-term President. Democrats' support for LGBT rights will only hurt them in the South, which have no chance of going blue anyways. Here is my realistic map of what 2020 might look like.

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

And that is optimistic for Trump. Here is what things could look like if Trump's Presidency stays on its current path.

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map
Yeah, the funny thing is that rabid Trump supporters have somehow convinced themselves that Trump swept into office on some gigantic wave of a win in the election. They don't seem able to grasp the reality that he made it in by the margin of about 80,000 votes in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. It was not a gigantic national mandate for him; it was a barely got by win over a very unpopular opponent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections