Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 07:11 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,240 times

Advertisements

I found one speech he made with his fellow democrats about trying to submit a bill for gun control. But that's about it. Maybe he hasn't been in it long enough, the NRA doesn't even have a rating on him. Now, it doesn't surprise me if he was in lock step with establishment Dems, but if he's smart, he'll not touch that one.

If he can focus on an economic message, and work on an economic legislative agenda he could win a lot of votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 08:30 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,604,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I don't see any votes or public statements on gun control, where are you getting your information from?
He was one of those "Campers for Gun Control" people.

Congressman O'Rourke live-streams House sit-in

Old 02-22-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
^^Texas has too many rural areas to campaign in for him to win. That's been a big problem for Democrats. Too many media markets where they don't have the ground game to compete given that they haven't run a true statewide campaign since 1992. This guy is committing political suicide as he won't defeat Cruz, but, hey, I guess someone has to run.
Bumping this, he's hit 217 out of 254 counties in Texas so far.

I'm glad he's taken my advice.

I voted for him yesterday in the primary.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:00 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Corporate Democrats won't win Texas. If he's smart he'll distance himself from them and campaign aggressively in rural areas.
Why do you call him a “Corporate Democrat”? I think that he’s a breath of fresh air and a huge feeling improvement over the arrogant Rafael Cruz.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Why do you call him a “Corporate Democrat”? I think that he’s a breath of fresh air and a huge feeling improvement over the arrogant Rafael Cruz.
Because when I posted this I was still feeling bitter about Bernie Sanders loss. I was being cautiously optimistic.

Just about anybody would be better than Cruz, but you're right Beto ain't bad. I respect he's been campaigning in rural areas. He has some interesting stories from his speaking to residents in those areas.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Beto is a good man.

Cruz is a creep.

O'Rourke doesn't stand a chance here in Texas.
Here we are a year later and it's looking like Beto is gaining ground.

I hope my old prediction is very wrong.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:24 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,072,142 times
We have seen him a couple of times. He's good on his feet, responsive and polite even to the jerk asking gotcha question.

Send money. He's gotta put gas in the truck.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:37 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
We have seen him a couple of times. He's good on his feet, responsive and polite even to the jerk asking gotcha question.

Send money. He's gotta put gas in the truck.

No doubt Beto would be a whole lot better for Texans than that creepy Cruz.

I do the online donation about twice/month.

Go get 'em, Beto.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:18 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,072,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No doubt Beto would be a whole lot better for Texans than that creepy Cruz.

I do the online donation about twice/month.

Go get 'em, Beto.

I live in an area with a heavily contested primary for a candidate to run against Culberson. Hillary got more votes than Trump, so expectations are high. It would be the first time in my whole adult life to have a democratic congressperson.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:54 PM

I donated $27 waaaaay early on. Even sent him a little e-mail of encouragement right when his campaign was kicking off. I just bought a Beto lawn sign. It's going to really aggravate my in-laws, which are my neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections