Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:36 AM
PAB

6 posts, read 12,709 times

Advertisements

I'm a new member and could not help a reply to your comment---I agree with you 100% and your arguement is well thought and easy to explain. I will be refering to it as I try to convince the Repubs in my family who are for "McSame" and "older" women favoring "Pete and Repeat Clinton"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I haven't heard any of this racist stuff, but I don't doubt that some of it has been said. But running a campaign involves politicking and downright conniving, and Ms Clinton has done her share of that (they all do--they are all politicians). It's just that her plays have not come out that well. Offering to "share" the ticket with Obama basically blew up in her face.

"Here's a quote," Obama said with a smile. "'The same old experience is irrelevant. You can have the right kind of experience or the wrong kind of experience. And mine is rooted in the real lives of real people, and it will bring real results if we have the courage to change.'"

"And that was Bill Clinton in 1992."
Classic....Nice post.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:36 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
If the Democrats were interested in picking the candidate with the most experience, Bill Richardson would be the nominee. MOST Democrats without an agenda want to pick the candidate who can beat McCrazy. THAT is Obama. Clinton just has too many negatives.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:40 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Obama apparently thinks he is entitled to the presidency because he's charismatic, youngish, and black. Yep, I'm saying it. John Edwards had about the same amount of experience as Obama but better ideas and his presidential bids never got off the ground. Obama has carefully packaged himself so that wouldn't happen to him. If he were older with more experience, he wouldn't be so marketable and that's the reason he's running now. It's a gimmick.
I could say that Hillary then feels entitled to the presidency because she's an older woman who is ready to 'break through the ultimate glass ceiling'...that's her (angry, older woman) gimmick. It comes off as desperate and grabby. Let's face it, if she'd divorced Bill back in the Monica days she wouldn't be where she is now.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:19 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I could say that Hillary then feels entitled to the presidency because she's an older woman who is ready to 'break through the ultimate glass ceiling'...that's her (angry, older woman) gimmick. It comes off as desperate and grabby. Let's face it, if she'd divorced Bill back in the Monica days she wouldn't be where she is now.
Or she could be further, ya never know. I'm betting she'd have a lot more respect from both sexes.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Laura Bush would make an excellent President -- but Laura Bush isn't running.

Yes, First Lady experience is "experience." Some First Ladies have actually taken over and run the government.
Oh, Like Hillary for instance when her Husband was in office. So what you're saying is if Hillary gets in office we can count on the First Husband having a total of 12 years in office.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:32 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
I am sorry but being black is a disadvantage for Obama.
Yes, I am going to say it !....... drum roll..........
Obama would probably be a better Prez if he only had more working experience under his belt! But,..........if I had to pick between him and Hillary........ gee lets see.......who....hmmm....
Obama would get my vote and I am Republican! Hillary would be a disaster her ear-marks should be a wake up call to everyone. She does not give a darn about anyone suffering in this country!
Asking for what she asked for is ludicrous and unwarranted there are many more important things that said money could go for.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:47 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
is the OP suggesting that Mr Obama is qualified ?

belittling Mz Clinton doesnt hid the fact he's not worthy of being POTUS either...

we have definite slim pickings this years also...

Old 03-13-2008, 06:10 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Default Someone please explain Hillary's experience edge

Jeez, people!

Hillary has 35 years of experience being Bill's wife. Isn't that enough to qualify her to be president?

Old 03-13-2008, 06:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
It's the reason he's won the mostly caucuses that smack of gimmick. Early on, he and his handlers jumped on everything uttered to turn it into a racial thing. His supporters call people who don't support him "racists" and "old cynics." This isn't an accident -- it was calculated, packaged. And it's a huge shame.

And pointing it out is NO different than YOUR side saying over and over again that Hillary slept her way to her position, but the problem there is that Hillary has a very impressive resume filled with decades of experience. But Obama has purposely run as the ANTI-experience candidate, hasn't he?

I really don't care how you want to label me. But ask yourself this question: Why is it that an older, white candidate with Obama's level of experience hasn't been successful in a presidential bid?

Actually she doesn't. There's not much on that resume that was achieved on her own, without cronyism, using her husband's political connections to get it.

Without the last name and all it brings, Hillary would not be well known at all. If Hillary didn't have her famous marriage, we likely would still have heard of Obama but very few people would have heard of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections