Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 10:58 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,086,562 times

Advertisements

To date, this ad has not aired that I have seen. I admit I do not ate much TV, so could have missed it. The ad was made, but only on a pro forma basis. Personally, I think Ms Griffin's 15 minutes of fame shame will be over in a coulee of more days. Also, though I would vote for Handel if I was in the 6th district, I think it would be a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 11:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,085,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
I would not be surprised to see Griffin named as head of the DNC soon.

It would be a perfect fit.
The DNC is mild compared to her. I don't care if the GOP uses her as a tool to help win in GA or anywhere else. Let them get something out of her stupidity. She deserves any backlash she gets. Even the majority of Dem, those who think straight are disgusted with her. The only ones who are really defending her in any way are those comedians that are over the hill.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:53 AM

25,675 posts, read 17,450,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I suspect the majority of Americans have only a vague idea who Kathy Griffin is. Between now and the 2018 elections she's about to become very well known as the face of the left.

The GOP Is Using the Kathy Griffin Scandal in a TV Ad for Georgia's Special Election - It's a Doozy
Good idea.

Reminds me of the Dukakis/Bush race where Willie Horton was used by the Republicans to win the race.

Liberals will defeat themselves if we conservatives allow it. I still think Hillary may have won if she had not campaigned.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:59 AM

25,675 posts, read 17,450,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
..........Even the majority of Dem, those who think straight are disgusted with her. The only ones who are really defending her in any way are those comedians that are over the hill.
And Al Franken, who has suddenly discovered that he "believes in forgiveness".

Old 06-03-2017, 12:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 24,002,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why not make her the poster girl for the hypocritical Left?

It is terrible what she did but the Left thought it was really funny yet if someone had done that to the likeness of Obama the backlash would have been HUGE !
The right complained that Nugent and Williams Jr. were attacked for vile statements about Obama, now they cheerlead Griffin's censorship. Yet the left condemned all. Who's the real hypocrites here?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.78cc181872ec
Hank Williams Jr.: Obama Is 'A Muslim President Who Hates Farming, Hates The Military, Hates The U.S. And We Hate Him' | HuffPost
Hypocrite Ted Nugent Is SHOCKED Anyone Would Compare Him To Kathy Griffin (VIDEO)

Old 06-03-2017, 12:45 PM

37,820 posts, read 41,136,907 times
I actually think the nuts on the street in the ad hurt the Dems more that some withered old comedian know to be a publicity hound. For a person who supposedly has a gay base, I've once saw her rip Clay Aiken apart. I didn't keep watching. I never saw a single episode of American Idol nor could I name anything he's ever done show biz wise but he has never seemed to me like the type of person (and he's a Democrat) who deserves some old witch making him a punching bag.

Old 06-03-2017, 12:48 PM

68,369 posts, read 54,599,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
this is a part of the bigger problem with Violence or Suggestion there of. The Left and there underlings have burned, looted and assaulted citizens. The Fascist Left continues to control control speech they donot approve of.
Kathy is a small piece to the problem.

Of course the hypocrites on the right have no issues with suggestions of violence from people like the recently hosted at the White House Ted Nugent, right?

Old 06-03-2017, 12:55 PM

957 posts, read 760,689 times
I wasn't aware that Kathy Griffin was running for the seat. Isn't it Ossoff who's running and what does he have to do with the trump head?
Sad that the Republicans don't have a platform to run on as they have to bring up Kathy's trump head which trump and family portrayed as despicable and upsetting to Baron.

Old 06-03-2017, 12:59 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,361,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The right complained that Nugent and Williams Jr. were attacked for vile statements about Obama, now they cheerlead Griffin's censorship. Yet the left condemned all. Who's the real hypocrites here?
Not me baby. But you want to play, you better be ready to pay. I have no idea what Williams said but Nugent shot his mouth off and deservedly took his hits. Griffin is free to take her shots too, that's fine by me. I love it when libs go over the top...they always show their true colors, and it isn't tolerance. She should've expected the blowback though. Her whiny poor-little-me Trump broke me nonsense is pathetic.

Last edited by Dockside; 06-03-2017 at 01:10 PM..

Old 06-03-2017, 01:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 24,002,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Not me baby. But you want to play, you better be ready to pay. I have no idea what Williams said but Nugent shot his mouth off and deservedly took his hits. Griffin is free to take her shots too, that's fine by me. I love it when libs go over the top. She should've expected the blowback though. Her whiny poor-little-me Trump broke me nonsense is pathetic.
I agree but Nugent and Williams played victim too. Williams was dropped by ESPN after compairing Obama to Hitler.
Hank Williams Jr. Dropped Permanently From
ESPN -- Hank Williams Jr. theme song won't return to Monday Night Football
FYI, I don't have a hometeam but to see conservatives cheer when they bellyached about Nugent and Williams is damn hypocritical and you know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections