Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And this post is a PERFECT example of how well the Russian propaganda worked. Its effective folks. And not because the poster is uneducated, in fact it works slightly better on educated folks oddly enough.
Except that it didn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 06:04 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And most of these "fact check" sites (if not all) are not credible.
Please. Most provide very good links to why they rate things the way they do. I don't always agree with their opinions 100%, but pretty close to it, and they've never misled me on WHY they rated something the way they did.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:08 PM

24,019 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Except that it didn't work.
How do you know?

Old 06-27-2017, 06:26 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,038,225 times
It wasn't fake news that lost Her the election it was fake Hillary.A power hungry money hungry liar who would say anything you wanted to hear true or not. She forgot about the other half of Americans except when she called them unredeemable deplorable idiots she would put out of work.She thought there were enough angry American voters to put her over the top.Fact is she created more angry American voters with her mouth than she had voting for her.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:07 PM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times
No fake stories. I know that the director of the Clinton Foundation resigned and disappeared for several weeks and then got a job at a Google Billionaire's foundation. The Podestas had to leave that foundation before he signed on. Hmmm, something spooked that friend of Chelsea's or disgusted him. At least he didn't end up like Seth Rich.
Speaking of that, the DNC scandal and Pizzagate weren't fake, either. They DID hurt Hillary big time.
Her health is bad, too. That hurt her big time.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:10 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,109,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The pro Hillary people could link 100 stories about the fake news. The pro Trump people would discount the source.

Google is your friend.

This isn't really about Trump and Billary. it is about how technology will influence everything we think and do.

The question is not that there are fake stories. There are fake stories about every candiate. The question is that they swung the election like liberals claim

From what I remember the mainstream media was far more anti Trump than Clinton

Old 06-27-2017, 10:46 PM

8,577 posts, read 11,000,637 times
Well, what wasn't fake news was the on board meeting of Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch at the airport in Phoenix.

That more than anything contributed to Hillary not wining the election.
Everyone knew she was under investigation by the FBI, and that meeting was nothing more than a bribe to stifle any further investigation.
That did not bode well for Ms.Clinton.
It smelled of payoff.
I can't believe Bill was that stupid.
Perhaps he knew it would mean defeat for her, and he didn't want her being President in the first place.

Bob.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:25 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,586,840 times
Comey bs letter before this Clinton was winning.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:29 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,680,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And this post is a PERFECT example of how well the Russian propaganda worked. Its effective folks. And not because the poster is uneducated, in fact it works slightly better on educated folks oddly enough.
Funny you should mention that. Liberals have been constantly singing their own praise on being highly educated. It can't help them when they use it to talk down to people. They are rejected by the people they need most, as arrogant and entitled.

The uneducated is exactly the kind of people they have to win over to win elections in the future. The winning message they have to have must appeal to the most uninformed.

Before rejecting this idea to quickly let me say : Its not my idea. It comes from a liberal. Gautam Mukunda who is a political scientist and business school professor written about in the Harvard Review. Also author of the book "Indispensable". Another thought provoking question is : Are "leaders" made by history, or do they make it ? How does Trump fit in when that question is ask ? What do the voters say about it ?

Conservative don't have to do much but let liberals talk. They shoot themselves in the foot. Unable to learn from it, they keep shooting trying to blow off all five toes. Then ask, why do I have but one leg to stand on ? Conservatives look on and ask ; Are you hoppy now or do you need more ammo ?

Even the most uninformed will remember what CNN has done with the Russian story nonsense.

Last edited by phma; 06-28-2017 at 03:00 AM..

Old 06-28-2017, 10:40 AM

18,409 posts, read 19,047,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The question is not that there are fake stories. There are fake stories about every candiate. The question is that they swung the election like liberals claim

From what I remember the mainstream media was far more anti Trump than Clinton
I doubt most liberals think fake news lost Hillary the presidency, it did hurt her however most liberals are upset Russia interfered with our election period. Everyone should be concerned about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections