Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:28 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
Are you all serious? You seriously think it's a conspiracy. Do you have any idea how many people it would take to be in cahoots to pull off a conspiracy where we murdered thousands of our own people to go to war. You people are on crack cocaine. No wonder I'm frustrated with this website. I thought these were normal people. Now I'm realizing people on here are fringe society people who are afraid of the government and are on narcotics.

Fewwww... I feel better now. I was worried for a while.
I hear your frustration and incredulity. In my real life I don't know a single person who thinks that GWB will go down as 'a great president'. I know no one who thinks that the war in Iraq was a good idea....go take your Blue Pill....you'll be better soon...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 07:23 PM

775 posts, read 579,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
it's not change I am afraid of
but I sure distrust someone that can not tell me what that means
other than
yes,we can
Oh BUT YES WE CAN!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:02 PM

144 posts, read 335,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
And "CHANGE" is what many people will have leftover in their pockets when the Democrats raise taxes, and implement socialized health care + more welfare type of programs. It will be the lazy, the worthless, and the stupid who profit under a Democrat Presidency/Congress. The rest of America (the majority) will only be paying more out of their wallets to assist the so called "under privileged".

As far as Obama is concerned: where is his EXPERIENCE??? He has very little ... not enough to qualify him for the top job in the United States government! He's appealing to the youth of America because he's young, good looking, charming, well spoken, and he's black. Other than that, what important qualifications does he have to be President??? I'm waiting!
UH OH more common sense on this board where did all the 'smart' tree huggers go?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
the polls said Obama and Hillary were even in Ohio
she kicked his rear end!!
it will be interesting what the polls say as the Rzeko trial continues
I know I am looking forward to it
She kicked his rear end but still ended up being down by hundreds of delegates. Empty victory that was hyped.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
She kicked his rear end but still ended up being down by hundreds of delegates. Empty victory that was hyped.
It was WAYY Over hyped.

Bottom line folks...Hillary is losing

Old 03-12-2008, 09:40 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,872 times
Obama added 100,000 to his popular vote last night and it's not his "empty" speeches that has got him there since he has proven his high popularity among educated voters. This popular vote is an area that needs focus since the Hillary campaign wants to win in this area, in spite of the delegate count. This is going to be their argument to the super delegates that what is more important is the popular vote and not the delegate count. If the delegate count and popular end in Obama's favor, he should win this nomination, BUT Hillary will continue to fight this to the bitter end with no regards for the democratic party. Hillary is not a fighter, she is a divider.
Yes, I did notice that as well, he has regained that lead against McCain.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:46 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
National polls really only matter if they're broken down by state and then measured. That's how we vote. Anyone basing anything on a national poll isn't informed enough to vote, IMO.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:49 AM

939 posts, read 2,380,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Obama added 100,000 to his popular vote last night and it's not his "empty" speeches that has got him there since he has proven his high popularity among educated voters. This popular vote is an area that needs focus since the Hillary campaign wants to win in this area, in spite of the delegate count. This is going to be their argument to the super delegates that what is more important is the popular vote and not the delegate count. If the delegate count and popular end in Obama's favor, he should win this nomination, BUT Hillary will continue to fight this to the bitter end with no regards for the democratic party. Hillary is not a fighter, she is a divider.
Yes, I did notice that as well, he has regained that lead against McCain.
Not a great argument for Senator Clinton at this point in the race because Obama currently leads popular vote by about 100,000, even when you include the disputed Florida and Michigan votes.

And now, with Spitzer's resignation (or impending, not sure which) there's one less super for her. Super delegate count is also close right now, the difference is about 25-30, depending upon which source you look at, in favor of Senator Clinton.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:56 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
It has been said that at the end of this, if the candidate has won more states, have more pledged delgates and have won the popular vote, that person WILL be the nominee without question an even with Florida and Michgan counted, Obama would still lead the popular vote, have more pledged delgates and would have won more states....Its over for Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections