Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 2 days ago)

52,706 posts, read 48,001,428 times

Advertisements

Trump's just going to keep doing what he's doing. He's the only candidate in recent years that has actually stood up for America. People are believing it and believing in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is just one thing. He won without winning the popular vote.
Not exactly. Hillary conceded with Trump still ahead. Most of the later votes were illegals in California, so that's illegitimate. The next election should definitely be a cakewalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 04:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The "plans" Sanders were not based in reality. Free tuition, free health care, minimum wages double what they are today. He was no different than the kid running for class president promising longer summer recess. No way to get any of it done, and probably detrimental in the long run. Most productive members of society were aware of this, and know it was just his attempt at trying to buy votes.
Not going here. He explained exactly how his ideas would be paid for. You don't get to twist things and think it makes for a valid argument.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:51 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,905,693 times
Quote:
The "plans" Sanders were not based in reality. Free tuition, free health care, minimum wages double what they are today. He was no different than the kid running for class president promising longer summer recess. No way to get any of it done, and probably detrimental in the long run. Most productive members of society were aware of this, and know it was just his attempt at trying to buy votes.
Neither was Trump's healthcare plan of "We're gonna take care of EVERYONE and you're gonna love it."

EDIT: Yeah, pknopp above me beat me to it. Even though you may disagree with Sanders plans, at least he put a little bit more effort and details into it than Trump did.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:00 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,062,004 times
I've said this on other threads, but my feeling is that Trump will win the next election, because a bunch of Dems will be offended by the obstructionism, and lack of progress, so will go towards the light.
There are so many old guard democrats (and Republicans) who refuse to play ball that it is apparent they don't care about change, which is what Americans want.

A fact of government is that congressmen and senators spend 90% of their time fundraising and 10% doing what they are paid to do.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:13 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not going here. He explained exactly how his ideas would be paid for. You don't get to twist things and think it makes for a valid argument.
No, its true, if you believe blowing trillions upon trillions of dollars to weaken health care, for the commoditization of education, and to destroy what little we have left of a free market economy is worth it, they are all wonderful ideas, not to mention the fact that none of those proposals would ever get anywhere near passed.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
No, its true, if you believe blowing trillions upon trillions of dollars to weaken health care, for the commoditization of education, and to destroy what little we have left of a free market economy is worth it, they are all wonderful ideas, not to mention the fact that none of those proposals would ever get anywhere near passed.
I have no clue what you are ranting about.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Neither was Trump's healthcare plan of "We're gonna take care of EVERYONE and you're gonna love it."

EDIT: Yeah, pknopp above me beat me to it. Even though you may disagree with Sanders plans, at least he put a little bit more effort and details into it than Trump did.
I already responded to her post or I would have quoted you there too, but to say Sanders put "thought" into his plans is fine, but it certainly wasn't some amazing level of critical thinking that went on there. They are pretty horrible ideas.

As for the pivot to Trump, you are using post debate results to play arm chair quarterback since you already know Trump accomplished nothing so far. He basically used his "I'm a businessman play" to con people into believing his platform, meanwhile Bernie was weak in the knees and bowed down to Hillary taking her side on the email issue.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I have no clue what you are ranting about.
Thats a convenient way to back out of defending Bernies platform that by many estimates would have cost the country trillions of dollars. And simple economics shows that once you start giving things away (education, health care) the value/quality tends to suffer.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Thats a convenient way to back out of defending Bernies platform that by many estimates would have cost the country trillions of dollars. And simple economics shows that once you start giving things away (education, health care) the value/quality tends to suffer.
Many said Trump had zero chance of winning also. What " many" said doesn't have much meaning as stated.

Again, he explained how his education program would be funded.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Many said Trump had zero chance of winning also. What " many" said doesn't have much meaning as stated.

Again, he explained how his education program would be funded.
You completely miss the point then. Just because you "fund" something doesn't take away the economic impact of making something a valueless commodity.

EDIT - Not to mention the fact that "he explained" is pretty much voodo-economics Bernie style, just because he said it, it certainly doesn't make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections