Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times

Advertisements

He's a brilliant political strategist - is it any wonder he is one of the most reviled figures of the left?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,626,492 times
Why are people still worried about Karl Rove? What are you afraid of about him that you would rant on and on about a man? What you don't understand is the guy is like money in the bank, people will pay mega bucks to listen to him. Whether you like it or not, he is a very intelligent person who seems to know the political system better then you or I will ever understand it.
He laughs at people who go after him, he knows he is getting to you and you cannot do a thing about it.
He has been extremely right on many, many comments over the years and people seem to hate him for what he has and that is he is a very skilled and intelligent person first and a nightmare for liberals who are scared of what he will do next.
He is more powerful still today then most think, many feel he is the most powerful man in America without being elected to a position.
What you think is a stupid speech may be of great value to someone else.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:56 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,217,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Sheesh. Everybody calm down.

The OP's contention is that Rove was saying, essentially, "you get a chance to make your stupid statements later. Let me make my stupid statements now." That's clearly a too-literal reading of his remark, and the OP seems aware of that. That's why the "lighten up" comments were included.

It was obviously an attempt at a joke (that, in all fairness, even the OP would probably admit was unsuccessful), and the ensuing ALL CAPS TYPING seems to support the idea that we all do, indeed, need to lighten up.

Hope that clears it up.

Thank YOU!

Please forgive me for trying to make a joke in the midst of these rabid neocons and absolute dopes who thought I said rove's speech was stupid ....HE said it!!
No wonder they're so easily DUPED! But I have to admit that having English as their second language must be a real challenge for them!

Old 03-14-2008, 02:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Thank YOU!

Please forgive me for trying to make a joke in the midst of these rabid neocons and absolute dopes who thought I said rove's speech was stupid ....HE said it!!
No wonder they're so easily DUPED! But I have to admit that having English as their second language must be a real challenge for them!
You again have gone down to name calling and accusations (seems to be a pattern with you) without responding to the original question that you have been asked. No one at all said that YOU said his speech was stupid.. I simply have asked you for more facts that you seem to be not able to provide but more then happy to babble a response. What I AGAIN asked

What EACTLY WAS THE STUPID STATEMENTS THAT HE MADE?

The fact that the whole thread was based upon a stupid statement about stupid statements that you seem to be responding with with stupid replies that have absolutely nothing to do with the stupid responses you accuse others of responding with.

Thats now THREE times I have asked without a response, and if your going to continue to talk about the subject, all I ask is that you have all of the fact and try to respond without name calling and provide necessary facts on a thread that you started.

Last edited by pghquest; 03-14-2008 at 02:52 AM..

Old 03-14-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You again have gone down to name calling and accusations (seems to be a pattern with you) without responding to the original question that you have been asked. No one at all said that YOU said his speech was stupid.. I simply have asked you for more facts that you seem to be not able to provide but more then happy to babble a response. What I AGAIN asked

What EACTLY WAS THE STUPID STATEMENTS THAT HE MADE?

The fact that the whole thread was based upon a stupid statement about stupid statements that you seem to be responding with with stupid replies that have absolutely nothing to do with the stupid responses you accuse others of responding with.

Thats now THREE times I have asked without a response, and if your going to continue to talk about the subject, all I ask is that you have all of the fact and try to respond without name calling and provide necessary facts on a thread that you started.
My goodness, was it THREE times! Are you sure? THREE times...holy cow! You sure must take your Rove seriously...and me very seriously since you just can't stay away Seems to be a pattern with you.
Here is CarolinaBredChicagoan's reply since you can't seem to read anything but my posts::

The OP's contention is that Rove was saying, essentially, "you get a chance to make your stupid statements later. Let me make my stupid statements now." That's clearly a too-literal reading of his remark, and the OP seems aware of that. That's why the "lighten up" comments were included.

It was obviously an attempt at a joke (that, in all fairness, even the OP would probably admit was unsuccessful), and the ensuing ALL CAPS TYPING seems to support the idea that we all do, indeed, need to lighten up.

Hope that clears it up."""

As to your ""No one at all said that YOU said his speech was stupid.. """

here's Snshine Chick, ""What you think is a stupid speech may be of great value to someone else."""

Now please keep following me around...it's funny to see your successful attempts to not understand anything or read anyone's posts but mine ...and your own

Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
My goodness, was it THREE times! Are you sure? THREE times...holy cow! You sure must take your Rove seriously...and me very seriously since you just can't stay away Seems to be a pattern with you.
Here is CarolinaBredChicagoan's reply since you can't seem to read anything but my posts::

Hope that clears it up."""

As to your ""No one at all said that YOU said his speech was stupid.. """

here's Snshine Chick, ""What you think is a stupid speech may be of great value to someone else."""

Now please keep following me around...it's funny to see your successful attempts to not understand anything or read anyone's posts but mine ...and your own
Your the one making this into a big deal because your saying that I simply can not ask you why he admits to being overpaid

I guess its ok to just post whatever you want and I'm sorry to dont mind pointing out the fact that you dont mind posting a story without having all of the facts to a story, that you yourself started.

When someone asks you for additional information, you get down to name calling.. Wow, thats the way to be educated on the details!!

Old 03-14-2008, 08:02 AM

Why do you have such a difficult time reading...

"The OP's contention is that Rove was saying, essentially, "you get a chance to make your stupid statements later. Let me make my stupid statements now." That's clearly a too-literal reading of his remark, and the OP seems aware of that. That's why the "lighten up" comments were included.""

So sorry you are incapable of "lightening up"....so while you get all red in the face and pound the table I'll still be laughing.

Please enjoy your day of anger and frustration.....

Old 03-14-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Why do you have such a difficult time reading...

"The OP's contention is that Rove was saying, essentially, "you get a chance to make your stupid statements later. Let me make my stupid statements now." That's clearly a too-literal reading of his remark, and the OP seems aware of that. That's why the "lighten up" comments were included.""

So sorry you are incapable of "lightening up"....so while you get all red in the face and pound the table I'll still be laughing.

Please enjoy your day of anger and frustration.....
I know very clearly that you attempted to make a joke.

but you went wrong on this joke attempt on 2 angles
1) Simply not having information about what you yourself posted, at the very least, not having enough information to answer the very first, and only question posted to you about the thread.
2) Then you lowered yourself even lower by putting someone down and calling them names for simply asking you to clarify that pretend joke that you attempted to make. What part of you calling me names was I supposed to find humorous?

I know its tough to make a point online without trying to put people down but try really hard. One day I have faith that you can at least attempt to not make yourself better by making fun of others. Then and only then will your attempts at humor actually be funny.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I know very clearly that you attempted to make a joke.

but you went wrong on this joke attempt on 2 angles
1) Simply not having information about what you yourself posted, at the very least, not having enough information to answer the very first, and only question posted to you about the thread.
2) Then you lowered yourself even lower by putting someone down and calling them names for simply asking you to clarify that pretend joke that you attempted to make. What part of you calling me names was I supposed to find humorous?

I know its tough to make a point online without trying to put people down but try really hard. One day I have faith that you can at least attempt to not make yourself better by making fun of others. Then and only then will your attempts at humor actually be funny.
Nice catch at trying to hide your embarrassment...but attempting to put me down won't change your very obvious inability to understand slightly complicated sentences...I have faith that one day you will lose your obsession with me and be able to relax...but I have no faith that at any time will you realize how little your opinion means to me....now please go ahead and have the last word...it's probably the only thing that makes you happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections