Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 07:06 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,875,448 times

Advertisements

The Audacity of Hate. Should this have been the name of Obama's book?

His personal mentor Rev. Jeremiah Wright spews hate.
His church has close ties with Farrakhan, who spews hate.
Rumors are now flying on the internet that there have been close relationships with the Black Panthers, again, who spew hate.

I really hope the media digs deep into Obama's life and uncovers his lies. He is not the unifier he presented himself to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 07:26 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,802,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
The Audacity of Hate. Should this have been the name of Obama's book?

His personal mentor Rev. Jeremiah Wright spews hate.
His church has close ties with Farrakhan, who spews hate.
Rumors are now flying on the internet that there have been close relationships with the Black Panthers, again, who spew hate.

I really hope the media digs deep into Obama's life and uncovers his lies. He is not the unifier he presented himself to be.
Speaking of hate. Remember when you referred to will.i.am as "thugged out" because he is black? Remember that? How is THAT anything but bigotry and hate, Mr. Hillary supporter? Why are black men thugs?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2867174-post31.html

This thread should be titled the audacity of hypocrisy.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Speaking of hate. Remember when you referred to will.i.am as "thugged out" because he is black? Remember that? How is THAT anything but bigotry and hate, Mr. Hillary supporter? Why are black men thugs?

Get a life. Last time I checked, "thug" refered to no specific race. Maybe you are racist and trying to inject race????? Hmmmmm.........

Back to the subject, how can Obama talk about "hope" and "unity" when teh people close to him all talk about "hate" and "separatism"???

Old 03-17-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Get a life. Last time I checked, "thug" refered to no specific race. Maybe you are racist and trying to inject race????? Hmmmmm.........

Back to the subject, how can Obama talk about "hope" and "unity" when teh people close to him all talk about "hate" and "separatism"???
Exactly. "Thug" does NOT pertain to any one race, unless you are a racist and assign that term to someone simply because he is black - which is what you did. You called will.i.am a thug because he is black, not because he has committed crimes.

If there is any other explanation as to why you called him a thug, I'd drop it. But you have provided none.

Back to the subject. If you can look at the American history of blacks in the U.S. and NOT talk about hate and separatism, you have your head buried in the sand. Those words largely define the historical experience of blacks in this country. Anyone who wants to talk honestly about the subject has to include the obvious hatred and bigotry that white people have thrust upon blacks in this country, both overtly over the history of this nation and covertly from people like you that continue to harbor preconceived notions of people based on the color of their skin.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:54 AM

Hey bud. Get off the personal attacks. I'm reporting you to the moderator.

I am a gay man and my partner is Jewish. We understand being the recipients of hate first hand. I never called anyone a thug. The video was loaded with college kids and I said it was thugged. You brought up race....my racist friend.

So back to the issue, yes, I understand hate and know hate when I see it. Jeremiah Wright, Farrakhan and those associated with Obama are spewing hate. This is an about face from the unity Obama has talked about. Obama simply is not credible.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Hey bud. Get off the personal attacks. I'm reporting you to the moderator.
Quote:
Does putting a question mark at the end of your personal attack make it not a personal attack?

Is a gay white man immune from being a racist and a spreader of hatred?

Maybe the thread should be called the audacity of audacity.

Last edited by Art123; 03-17-2008 at 08:16 AM..

Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

I couldn't help but notice the shrill tone of your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections