Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:47 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,212 times

Advertisements

i cant believe a guy a smart as obama is politically would be stupid enough to spend 20 years in a church led by someone who makes such outrageous statements from the pulpit as this guy has even if he 'does' agree with him.its one thing to except the endorsement of a religious leader who goes off the farm sometimes ,its another thing to be a member of his congregation for 20 years.i didnt pay much attention to this stuff originaly but after hearing multiple tapes over multiple years where he blames 911 on the 'white people' in the united states/says God should damn america/blames america for genocide in africa/for apartheid in south africa/for aids in africa......we were wrong for dropping the bomb on hiroshima-but i guess the japanese werent wrong for starting the whole thing by bombing pearl harbor to begin with???i wouldnt stay a member of a church for a month much less 20 years where a pastor made any kind of statements about any race or religion like this guy apparently has on a frequent basis.oh...the guy was about to retire???well by that time obama had been with him for 15-16 years anyway.i hear a lot of applause in the background after all of these comments the pastor made....doesnt sound like he was 'shocking'the congregation any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 05:00 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
the reason that this is an important issue is that presidential decisions are often shared and / or delegated based on the interaction with the advisors and obama clearly seems to be lacking good judgement on at least one advisor.

God-o-Meter - A scientific measure of God-talk in the elections

i am more offended by the anti-american slant than the racist statements of mr. wright, although both are troubling.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:32 PM

580 posts, read 1,680,903 times
Originally Posted by gsoboi
[People cant find anything Obama so they have to find stuff on people that he knows]

Wrong

Old 03-14-2008, 06:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
I know one thing: somebody needs to shut that fool Wright up or the GOP is going to retain the White House...that dude is nuts.
Please no. Keep the tapes coming. I wonder if Hill&Bill's camp put those tapes out. You know the left-wing media DOES NOT want to report on them. Thank goodness for talk radio, youtube and foxnews.

I sense this is the beginning of the end for Obama.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:01 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
Originally Posted by gsoboi
[People cant find anything Obama so they have to find stuff on people that he knows]

Wrong

oh I think there is PLENTY on Obama that is reason to not vote for him,
this is just another one added to the list!!

here are some more:::::
His relationship with Rezko
and his lies about it
His lying about the Canadian meeting for 4 days
His cheif foreign policy advisior's interview with PPS saying he would not really end the war

Old 03-14-2008, 07:06 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Have you thought about the innocent kids listening to this in church, they can't make up their minds as adults can. The adults were even to stupid to stay and by staying and cheering they approved of what was said. This is similar to the little muslim kids throwing stones and yelling anti semitic things because they don't hear anything else. How do these stupid people ever think they can solve the racist issue, by preaching racist slurs? They are even more stupid than I thought and Obama should step out of the race to show he doesn't want the Democrat party look stupid for what he is involved in and related to by being friends. As I heard earlier today families are related by blood and that will always be, friends ... you can step aside from if you don't agree, which Obama is only doing now because he is getting burned.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:10 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
oh I think there is PLENTY on Obama that is reason to not vote for him,
this is just another one added to the list!!

here are some more:::::
His relationship with Rezko
and his lies about it
His lying about the Canadian meeting for 4 days
His cheif foreign policy advisior's interview with PPS saying he would not really end the war
some more reasons:

friends with a PLO member for years.
his relation with the rev. Wright.
his relation with the woman who was on the top 10 for most wanted for the FBI.
his wife only being proud of America for the first time in 20 years.
sworn in on the Koran and have no respect for the national anthem.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:11 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,977 times
It is important to me who a person calls a friend, a mentor, ask for guidance from and Obama has done this with this man for 20 years.
This is not an election for mayor folks, this is for a very important and powerful job.

We have had a disaster for the last 7 years and replacing him with an in experience person who seems to have poor judgement of the people he hangs with is just another problem waiting to happen.

I want Bush out of office asap just like the rest of us do, but we cannot allow our brains to be clouded with hopes and dreams when the person making those promises has not one single accomplishment in his life that has effected a large amount of people.

This is vital information. It was Obama who stated he will look to these people for guidance when he needs it. So far, the people he has looked to for guidance is not the people we want giving any President of the United States of America gudiance on anything.

We have already seen this for the last 7 years, you surround yourself with idiots and the wrong people and we get the repeat of Bush all over again.

I have voted for a democratic President every year since I have been able to vote and for the first time I am leaning towards moving over to vote for McCain. I simply cannot see Obama or Clinton running this country. In my heart I believe both of them would only make matters worse then they are today and I am not willing to take a chance of either of these two for this time in our lives and history, we cannot make another Bush like mistake.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:30 PM

640 posts, read 461,377 times
After this fiasco, Obama will be lucky if he's able to run for a school board seat, let alone the presidency.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:52 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,187 times
Jeremiah Wright is spot on, in his criticism of the US. 911 was, without a doubt, a tragedy, but let's get real, America had it coming.

Americans really should know more about their own history, the amount of ignorance as displayed on this thread is embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections