Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 12:40 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You have every right to that opinion, but many like myself see it as your side doing just that, Not Obama. Look at how people on your side talk about identity politics.

In this very forum, I and others have argued that being gay should be protected just as race and sex are, so that people can not be fired for their sexual orientation. People on your side look at that as a "special right".

No, thats you being divisive. Not President Obama, not the Left, thats all you.
Look at what is happening in Houston today as they face disaster. Everybody is coming together to save lives - all lives matter. Nobody is protesting because another race or skin color saved their butt. Everybody is happy to be saved and they are helping save other. While Charlottesville was the worse; Houston is showing us the best. And yes; I think of Charlottesville as President Obama's legacy and I think of Houston as what could be President Trump's legacy.

You want division; I bet the Russians are happy with your division! They could not plan it better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 05:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Look at what is happening in Houston today as they face disaster. Everybody is coming together to save lives - all lives matter. Nobody is protesting because another race or skin color saved their butt. Everybody is happy to be saved and they are helping save other. While Charlottesville was the worse; Houston is showing us the best. And yes; I think of Charlottesville as President Obama's legacy and I think of Houston as what could be President Trump's legacy.

You want division; I bet the Russians are happy with your division! They could not plan it better.
LMFAO, you are proving my point. The time difference between Houston and Charlottesville is 3 weeks. Both in the Trump administration.

And lets be clear, you are now blaming Obama because white supremacist dont like people of color . How does that make sense ???????

And if you truly believe the Russian story, then do you not see the flaw in your comment. Your own post feed it.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:15 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I agree, I remember not too long ago when the left predicted a wipe out victory for Hillary in 2016. So it's smart not to get too cocky like Dems did. Call me a D, call me a R, it doesn't matter what letter is in front of my name as long as I agree with your agenda... get my point. It's not about party, it's about agenda. The problem for the Dems...

1. They still haven't figured out why she lost and continue to falsely accuse people. Insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.
2. Echo chamber... Refusing to listen to the people, silencing them.. you can't plug your ears and expect to know how to fix the problem.
2. Dems was too far left and instead of moving toward the middle, they went further left.
So the answer was to re-ban gay marriage, end social security and Medicare, eliminate minimum wage, overturn Roe v Wade and allow LGBT people to be harassed and assaulted?

Old 08-28-2017, 05:55 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
But Hillary won the popular vote! /s
Yes. That's correct. By over 2%. And Democrats gained seats in both the House and the Senate. But don't let that get in the way of patting yourselves on the back and chanting, "blowout blowout blowout."

Old 08-28-2017, 06:38 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It was a good year in 2012 and 2016 for the GOP as well... 2018 looks like ANOTHER great year... 2020 is in the bag... four straight elections where the GOP is dominating... a fifth one IS coming... a sixth one looks like real good.... Democrats, how does 1922 feel? I know, Democrats still think they are winning...
They do think they're winning despite the fact Republicans have increased their power in the last 4 election cycles. I haven't seen any indication whatsoever that the Dims intend to change to capture the independents or people in the middle, in fact, they're doubling down on their radicalization and I think that is going to get them completely and thoroughly rejected....everyone was that Trump Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and I think the Dims embracing the leftist fascist violence seeking mob ANTIFA will lead to even more shocking wins for Republicans....Republicans to gain 10 more Senate seats in 2018.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:10 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yes. That's correct. By over 2%. And Democrats gained seats in both the House and the Senate. But don't let that get in the way of patting yourselves on the back and chanting, "blowout blowout blowout."
woop de doo gained 2 Senate seats pithy when 24 Republicans ran.

5th consecutive session Dems are the minority party

Old 08-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
woop de doo gained 2 Senate seats pithy when 24 Republicans ran.

5th consecutive session Dems are the minority party
What are you defining as a session to get that number to 5 ?

If You are talking about the senate, that number is 2.

And if you are talking about the House, then why mention the senate ?

Also, it doesnt matter how many were on the ballot, they still lost seats.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:29 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What are you defining as a session to get that number to 5 ?

If You are talking about the senate, that number is 2.

And if you are talking about the House, then why mention the senate ?

Also, it doesnt matter how many were on the ballot, they still lost seats.

From 2010 on GOP has held the House. Then Senate. Then POTUS.

Plus 33 governors. Total control-all chambers-GOP 26 states. Dems have 5.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:19 AM

57 posts, read 51,570 times
Economic Nationalism will TRUMP identity politics. The Democrats will wonder what happened to the remaining rural voters they had. The Midwest swing states have a plethora of these voters. When the jobs come back, the Democrats will lose a lot more of the working class vote. There aren't enough nuts and twigs voters in the urban areas to win a lot of races.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:26 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It doesn't end the wars. It doesn't help one make ends meet. It didn't assure people of being able to see a doctor when they get sick.
So.....what has the Republican controlled (for the past 6 years) government done to fix any of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections