Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:34 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Much ado about nothing. It will pass quickly.
Oh, it's something, if this is what he exposes he family too and this is the kind of trash he listens to and endorses with his $22,500 donations in 2006 ... this will not be so easily sweep under the carpet except in the MSM. I feel it shows he has very poor judgment with this and many more things that have come to light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 08:47 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Much ado about nothing. It will pass quickly.
You wish! This will keeps following him for the rest of his live whatever he will do after he won't make it as president nominee. He messed up and if you hang out with losers you will become a loser this was said by the pricipal of the elementary school my kids were attending so they learned it at a young age, Obama didn't.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You wish! This will keeps following him for the rest of his live whatever he will do after he won't make it as president nominee. He messed up and if you hang out with losers you will become a loser this was said by the pricipal of the elementary school my kids were attending so they learned it at a young age, Obama didn't.
No. You Hillary worshippers will drop it once you've destroyed him.

It's obvious what this is all about. Wright has preached for how many years? And suddenly when Hillary is losing to Obama, Wright's sermons are an issue?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:01 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

It's obvious what this is all about. Wright has preached for how many years? And suddenly when Hillary is losing to Obama, Wright's sermons are an issue?
I'm sure this information was revived by the Clinton campaign.
That said, Wrights views are disgusting ---- I mean did you see him simulate oral sex ON THE PULPIT?!! The man is a promoter, and what he is promoting is hatred, division, and himself. I don't care who brought it to light, wrong is wrong.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:29 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Well -- before they were trying to make Obama into some kind of Muslim, now it's this.

But what this really is -- Hillary is in danger of losing to Obama so they're going to try to get him anyway they can. Geraldine Ferraro, long time political feminist had to step out of Hillary's campaign in shame from her racist remarks. Now the Clintons are angry and they're going to destroy Obama.
this was aired by ABC abd FOX NEWS!
don't blame someone else for what Obama chose himself
if he did not go to this place for 20 years and have this creep for his mentor/pastor
none of this would be going on
one day Mr. Obam will have to suck it up and get real!

Old 03-15-2008, 09:35 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:

I don't live in the Chicago area. Even if I were, I am an atheist and Chinese, I would not have been privy to Wright's sermons. It's just too bad that the rest of our country wasn't aware of Wright's crazy sermons until now. If anything, it's proof that Hillary's campaign doesn't have people devoted to digging up dirt on Obama.

Had I known about these Wright sermons earlier, I would be just as disturbed.

And it also makes me question Obama as a parent. Why would he even expose his children to this verbal garbage?

It's also disappointing to me that in a city as diverse as Chicago is, Obama and his family have been exclusively attending a church that was so black in agenda and not find a church that was more evenly mixed with all races and cultures. Again, it makes me feel that Obama has a hidden black agenda.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I don't live in the Chicago area. Even if I were, I am an atheist and Chinese, I would not have been privy to Wright's sermons. It's just too bad that the rest of our country wasn't aware of Wright's crazy sermons until now. If anything, it's proof that Hillary's campaign doesn't have people devoted to digging up dirt on Obama.

So why weren't they? If Wright is such a dangerous man, then why wasn't something done about him when Bill Clinton was president?

And would you deny that either Clinton would have happily accepted an invitation by Wright to use his church for a photo-op to get black votes?

Now -- what about Al Sharpton. Certainly he was known for making statements that some whites didn't like but did Bill Clinton ever sever himself from his support when it came to using him to get votes?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:40 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:

This is their primary intention to destroy him emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. He has had to endure a tremendous amount of emotional attacks this week, based on his affiliation with a church who has a pastor who may or may not be leading his sheep astray. It is not for me to administer the punishment if he is doing this, because there is someone greater than myself who will ensure that punishment be carried out. I have attended numerous churches where I have mainly appreciated the word spoken, but I too have found fault at some statements mentioned as well. I study to show thyself approved. The preacher is usually the one who will say something that will make you question the validity or interpretation of a bible passage, and as the sheep we are instructed to study for thyself and question what has been mentioned if we feel the need to. This is debate of the word spoken and Obama has mentioned that he has embraced most of what has been spoken by his pastor, but there are many beliefs or ideologies that he disputes or finds to be inaccurate. Does this mean that we should throughly examine every sermon a Preacher/Pastor/Priest has presented to their congregations to determine if they have presented more knowledge that has led their sheep astray or kept them within the fold? Who will set the criteria for determining if a preacher/pastor/priest is one that is perfect and without sin?

I am hoping that their malice acts of injustice will eventually have Obama quit the campaign and start an organization that speaks to his purpose of change for people who no longer want to participate in the ills of racial intolerance and injustice because this is blatantly the attack of his skin color.

He definitely has a calling on his life and he will be elevated to his position of honor again in due time, but most likely for something that is greater than the presidency of the United States. Who said you would be considered great if you are a president? Many have, but not all. This country and it's many racist people will never be ready for a black man to be the President of the United States of America.

By the way what church does McCain and Hillary belong to and how are they spiritually fed? What is the name of their pastor/preacher/priest? How long have they attended or been a member of a congregation? What activities have they participated in while attending church? How much money have they donated to a church? Have any of their spiritual leaders over the last 20 years had their sermons fully examined?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:52 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
This is their primary intention to destroy him emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. He has had to endure a tremendous amount of emotional attacks this week, based on his affiliation with a church who has a pastor who may or may not be leading his sheep astray. It is not for me to administer the punishment if he is doing this, because there is someone greater than myself who will ensure that punishment be carried out. I have attended numerous churches where I have mainly appreciated the word spoken, but I too have found fault at some statements mentioned as well. I study to show thyself approved. The preacher is usually the one who will say something that will make you question the validity or interpretation of a bible passage, and as the sheep we are instructed to study for thyself and question what has been mentioned if we feel the need to. This is debate of the word spoken and Obama has mentioned that he has embraced most of what has been spoken by his pastor, but there are many beliefs or ideologies that he disputes or finds to be inaccurate. Does this mean that we should throughly examine every sermon a Preacher/Pastor/Priest has presented to their congregations to determine if they have presented more knowledge that has led their sheep astray or kept them within the fold? Who will set the criteria for determining if a preacher/pastor/priest is one that is perfect and without sin?

I am hoping that their malice acts of injustice will eventually have Obama quit the campaign and start an organization that speaks to his purpose of change for people who no longer want to participate in the ills of racial intolerance and injustice because this is blatantly the attack of his skin color.

He definitely has a calling on his life and he will be elevated to his position of honor again in due time, but most likely for something that is greater than the presidency of the United States. Who said you would be considered great if you are a president? Many have, but not all. This country and it's many racist people will never be ready for a black man to be the President of the United States of America.

By the way what church does McCain and Hillary belong to and how are they spiritually fed? What is the name of their pastor/preacher/priest? How long have they attended or been a member of a congregation? What activities have they participated in while attending church? How much money have they donated to a church? Have any of their spiritual leaders over the last 20 years had their sermons fully examined?
With all due respect, the vile coming out of Rev Wrights mouth had nothing to do with religion, unless it was the religion of hatred and fear.
Where in the bible does it talk of rich white Europeans being the bane of existence to all people of color everywhere for all time?
This is the problem people have with Rev Wright and Sen Obamas de facto acceptance of Wrights message.
Please, do not insult anyones intelligence by pretending this is about a difference of interpretation of a bible passage. This is about fear and hate mongering. Have you seen the videos? The amount of vitriol was horrifying. And so completely at odds with what I thought was Sen Obamas message.
After all, would you feel welcome in a house that called you a member of the KKK? Would you embrace a message that defiled you?
Criticism and discussion of our countrys past is a good thing. Assigning blame to innocent people for acts commited by long dead people is wrong. And a sin, in my bible.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:08 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
The ongoing sin of racial intolerance and injustice is not dead and these behaviors have not miraculously vanished from the human condition of man. They are so active and alive right now they could possibly resurrect some of their supporters from the dead (LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections