Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:58 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What Obama himself has to say on this matter:

YouTube - Obama Denounces Controversial Remarks
It is a little too late for anything Obama has to say. After 20 years of being a church member of this church and even longer being friends with this rev., one or more speeches are not going to help him anymore. i guess he skipped one course in College about who to be friends with....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 05:03 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Pretty much every white person I know around here is voting for Obama. It isn't a black thing. If that's the case, people would've voted for Jesse Jackson way back when he ran. I don't like Obama at all, but I can understand why people would vote for him. I don't like Hillary or McCain either.
I'm white and I am voting for Obama and not because he is black but I think
he is the best candidate . I did not like Hillary even as the First Lady and I feel she is all about herself and since she was the first lady she and her husband both were involved in a lot of suspicious things while he was President, ie Whitewater. McCain is just more of the same, and another 100 year war. I would not vote for Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton either, but I
feel very comfortable with Obama.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is a little too late for anything Obama has to say. After 20 years of being a church member of this church and even longer being friends with this rev., one or more speeches are not going to help him anymore. i guess he skipped one course in College about who to be friends with....
Obama has been 20 years in a church with a man he may not agree with --- and Hillary has been over 20 years in a marriage with a man who has committed adultery against her many times.

Maybe some people just choose to overlook the sins of another. Or should we assume Hillary agrees that cheating in a marriage is perfectly fine?

Old 03-15-2008, 05:05 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I'm white and I am voting for Obama and not because he is black but I think
he is the best candidate . I did not like Hillary even as the First Lady and I feel she is all about herself and since she was the first lady she and her husband both were involved in a lot of suspicious things while he was President, ie Whitewater. McCain is just more of the same, and another 100 year war. I would not vote for Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton either, but I
feel very comfortable with Obama.
I'm a Libertarian, so you know who'd automatically get my vote.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:07 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Obama has been 20 years in a church with a man he may not agree with --- and Hillary has been over 20 years in a marriage with a man who has committed adultery against her many times.

Maybe some people just choose to overlook the sins of another. Or should we assume Hillary agrees that cheating in a marriage is perfectly fine?
Teaching hate is similar to a husbands cheeting? Hell no what are you thinking.....
I don't even want to respond to this crap....bye

Old 03-15-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Teaching hate is similar to a husbands cheeting? Hell no what are you thinking.....
I don't even want to respond to this crap....bye
How about sexual harassment of subordinates? Hillary must justify that since her own husband offerered job promotions in exchange for sexual services.

If you're going to hold Obama accountable for things that someone else close to him did -- then you have to hold Hillary accountable for everything her husband did. And so Hillary is to be blamed for young interns being promised high paying jobs in exchange for sexual services, and for perjury too. And not more than a few weeks ago, Bill Clinton made some fairly racist remarks -- so Hillary is also to blame for those?

Old 03-15-2008, 05:32 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:

If you're going to hold Obama accountable for things that someone else close to him did --
Who is holding Obama accountable for things someone else did? Obama didn't make those words come out of other people's mouths!

Obama is RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING THE WRONG FRIENDS! He's responsible for having BAD JUDGMENT!! He also has almost no EXPERIENCE! He shouldn't even be running in this race based on his experience, so what else do you want? He should go back to the Senate, do an excellent job, and run again some other time!

Old 03-15-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Who is holding Obama accountable for things someone else did? Obama didn't make those words come out of other people's mouths!

Obama is RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING THE WRONG FRIENDS! He's responsible for having BAD JUDGMENT!! He also has almost no EXPERIENCE! He shouldn't even be running in this race based on his experience, so what else do you want? He should go back to the Senate, do an excellent job, and run again some other time!
Check this out:

YouTube - Hillary Clinton Fails to Refuse or Denounce Racist Supporter

Hillary obviously is not using good judgement herself -- look at this blatantly racist (anti-black) Hillary supporter.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:59 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcarnation View Post
Who is voting for Obama but the blacks who will protest setting cars on fire in the streets if Obama does not get nominated?

Wake up people. Hillary is the most educated and experienced. It is a shame that we even know Obama's name in this campaign. Wake up to who is his 'mentor' as Obama proclaims. It is a black anti-American preaching preacher. Obama claims he is not Muslim but he announces his mentor is a preacher who weekly speaks Anti-American speeches. Obama denounces the speeches. Obama still claims this person is his mentor. Someone in their right mind will vote Obama???? OMG
Ahahahahaha!!! Now I know I picked the right candidate!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:24 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,366 times
Quote:
I don't know......Bill Clinton was cheating on Hillary for over 20 years and she never left him. Was she offended at all by all the adultery? Did she not agree with it then because she stayed in that marriage?
Lady, if you can't find anything more relevant to talk about other than Bill Clinton's past sexual escapades and harp on Hillary for staying with the man then I suggest you go get a massage and relieve some of that pent up tension. You are really obsessed about the topic and you are starting to sound like an old warn out record playing the same old tone over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections