Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 04:51 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
This is one reason Hillary lost she put all her eggs in minority vote didn't care about the working class white union workers of the mid west. Dems have a better choice with a white male middle road democrat winning against Trump someone from the mid west would be good choice. Lot of people think Trump can't win a 2nd term because of his tweeting everything else, but he only needs one big win like North Korea if he is able to get NK to shut down it's WMD program that would be a big win for him put him into a 2nd term. Dems better wise up if they want the white house in 2020 don't get over confident again like 2016.
IMO, the current iteration of the Democrat party is so full of hateful indignant people, that it's impossible for them to nominate another White man to run for President.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:18 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
IMO, the current iteration of the Democrat party is so full of hateful indignant people, that it's impossible for them to nominate another White man to run for President.
I really do not think, for one second that Michele would even consider running for anything. She got what she wanted, now private life is what is going to make her happy. Unfortunately for the Dem party, they are leaning too much toward finding, in their mind, the perfect candidate and I think you hit it. They will be looking for a woman, a minority or combination of both. They are not thinking best ideas but maybe more controversial and not always in a positive way. Well, it could be an interesting election, but let's get through 2018 first. Let's see how that plays out.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:18 AM

26,239 posts, read 22,408,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes! The modern day Democrat, versus the Kennedy Democrat, would be going against the very fiber of their existence if they nominated a white man even though the white man were the best possible candidate that they had to put forth. You know, the old "They would cut off their nose to spite their face." This pretty muchs means that Trump has it unless he really, really messes up, and for those that "tweet", no, a tweet of any kind will not be something that defeats him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I really do not think, for one second that Michele would even consider running for anything. She got what she wanted, now private life is what is going to make her happy. Unfortunately for the Dem party, they are leaning too much toward finding, in their mind, the perfect candidate and I think you hit it. They will be looking for a woman, a minority or combination of both. They are not thinking best ideas but maybe more controversial and not always in a positive way. Well, it could be an interesting election, but let's get through 2018 first. Let's see how that plays out.
I think the "identity" politics also will be front and center for the Dems again. I don't Michele Obama could win if she ran anyway, many do not want Barack back in the WH.

It is going to be tough if they insist on "identity" politics. Choosing a black woman, probably not the best idea. Many males will not vote for a woman, many others not for someone black. The Democrats have turned their backs on the blacks in order to pander to the illegal aliens, so not sure what their "perfect" candidate would be. If they go "Hispanic", I don't see that flying either. Well, it all works for me, since I am looking for 8 for Trump or 4 for Trump and 8 for Pence, and the stupidity of the Democratic Party will probably put us there!

Old 09-26-2017, 08:39 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes! The modern day Democrat, versus the Kennedy Democrat, would be going against the very fiber of their existence if they nominated a white man even though the white man were the best possible candidate that they had to put forth. You know, the old "They would cut off their nose to spite their face." This pretty muchs means that Trump has it unless he really, really messes up, and for those that "tweet", no, a tweet of any kind will not be something that defeats him.

I think the "identity" politics also will be front and center for the Dems again. I don't Michele Obama could win if she ran anyway, many do not want Barack back in the WH.

It is going to be tough if they insist on "identity" politics. Choosing a black woman, probably not the best idea. Many males will not vote for a woman, many others not for someone black. The Democrats have turned their backs on the blacks in order to pander to the illegal aliens, so not sure what their "perfect" candidate would be. If they go "Hispanic", I don't see that flying either. Well, it all works for me, since I am looking for 8 for Trump or 4 for Trump and 8 for Pence, and the stupidity of the Democratic Party will probably put us there!
the combination would probably be a death sentence. I hadn't thought about it that way. It would be hard for a black woman at this stage to be elected. Yep, black or woman is fine, the two together, right or wrong would be a little too much.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:56 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,822,231 times
Michelle didn't want Obama to run for president - where do these fake news articles come from?!?

Old 09-27-2017, 12:31 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Michelle didn't want Obama to run for president - where do these fake news articles come from?!?
Did you even read the OP? Seems like you didn't because the topic is about what Bill Clinton said, not Mooch.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:07 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,677,212 times
Default Barf

Just barf.. at the thought of that person running for some kind of government office.. no more dynasties of families we have had enough of.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:06 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,747,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why not...

its the fascist liberals that have been destroying this fine country for the last half century
Because A, I don't agree with your position that it's the "fascist liberals" that have been destroying the country.

And B, I disagree with Republicans on policy. I am not socially conservative, I support gay marriage and abortion rights, while the Pub's do not. AND I support legalized marijuana which the Pub's do not. AND I want Single Payer Healthcare, which the Pub's do not!

Answer your question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections