Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 03:13 AM

210 posts, read 97,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Gosh, if Alabama and Moore are so racist, I wonder why one of the speakers at the Moore rally was a black preacher who fired up the crowd for Moore and Trump?

Looney Leftists are also Lazy Leftists and indulge in stereotypes.
Did you just use the "black friend" argument?

Old 09-27-2017, 03:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
I'm kinda hoping that when Roy Moore gets to DC that he tries to erect a 10 commandments monument on the capitol grounds.

And try to reinstate poll taxes.

Maybe introduce legislation to ban sale of groceries to nonchristians.

He's gonna be a hoot.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Exactly. Trump even predicted the Looney Left would gloat about 'his boy' not getting elected. He was trying to curry favor with Mitch McConnell to get his agenda moving in Congress. This was a referendum on McConnell, not Trump. Moore voters are also Trump supporters and Moore is pro Trump so Trump wins!

This also puts other Reps who are obstructing Trump on notice. A few have decided not to run for re-election because they know they are on Bannon's hit list. This is an example that demonstrates the power and influence of Bannon and Breitbart.
Seems that Trump was busy last night deleting tweets of his support of Strange. HE sees it as a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I am very worried about what is coming for those who are not white, straight, and Christian in this country. Conservatives' love afair with Putin started because of that anti-LGBT law back in 2013. They view Russia as more righteous in the eyes of God than Obama's America was. That is the view that a lot of GOP elected officials and those running seem to share.

I am sure this post will be quoted with people accusing me of paranoia and being a snowflake, but just listen to what Christian Right leaders are saying and what vision they have for this country. Listen to what people like Roy Moore, Tony Perkins, Jim Bakker, Bryan Fischer, Kevin Swanson, Theodore Shoebat, and others who pull a lot of weight among the Christian Right really think about LGBT people. Liberals have their head in the sand as well if they think "Oh its 2017, homophobia is on its way out."
No, I' ve heard their hateful rhetoric myself and I've seen the Russia love even from our President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
You mean that Moore guy, prancing around on that tiny horse, waving a lady's handgun around, isn't gay? Coulda fooled me...
I predict that there will soon be a scandal involving him and a boys bathroom.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:34 AM

8,389 posts, read 4,380,842 times
He's a Bible thumping, gun totin' Bama boy fer sure.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:40 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,968,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I am very worried about what is coming for those who are not white, straight, and Christian in this country. Conservatives' love afair with Putin started because of that anti-LGBT law back in 2013. They view Russia as more righteous in the eyes of God than Obama's America was. That is the view that a lot of GOP elected officials and those running seem to share.

I am sure this post will be quoted with people accusing me of paranoia and being a snowflake, but just listen to what Christian Right leaders are saying and what vision they have for this country. Listen to what people like Roy Moore, Tony Perkins, Jim Bakker, Bryan Fischer, Kevin Swanson, Theodore Shoebat, and others who pull a lot of weight among the Christian Right really think about LGBT people. Liberals have their head in the sand as well if they think "Oh its 2017, homophobia is on its way out."
You should probably flee the country now and seek asylum in someplace more in line with your far left views. I hear Cuba and Venezuela are lovely this time of year.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:50 AM

20,761 posts, read 8,606,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA.89 View Post
Did you just use the "black friend" argument?
Are you saying black people are stupid and fall for that 'trick?'

Old 09-27-2017, 11:07 AM

20,761 posts, read 8,606,055 times
Opposition media doesn't seem to realize that voters want to protect Trump and keep him in the White House to implement his agenda which is their agenda. That's why establishment GOP elites who obstruct will be replaced. Many realize it and have decided not to run for re-election which is a good thing because they will be replaced by more populist, pro Trump candidates.

"Breitbart News Executive Chairman and former White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon addressed the crowd ahead of Moore declaring that the race was outrageous with $30 million spent against about $2.5 million. He also mentioned the news that broke earlier in the day that Strange-backer Sen. Bob Corker will not run for re-election in 2018. Bannon continued, “The question was called today in the state of Alabama, who’s sovereign? The people or the money? And Alabama answered today, the people.”

Old 09-27-2017, 11:41 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,586,021 times
Quote:
Gosh, if Alabama and Moore are so racist, I wonder why one of the speakers at the Moore rally was a black preacher who fired up the crowd for Moore and Trump?

Looney Leftists are also Lazy Leftists and indulge in stereotypes.
There are plenty of black homophobes in Alabama, what is your point ????

Old 09-27-2017, 11:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Moore, the flat earther 10 commandment zealot?

All Bamers look the same to me
Oh, so anyone who supports and promises to uphold the U.S. Constitution is a "flat earther?" That doesn't exactly sound like a winning strategy to me.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
President Trump's support of Strange wasn't heartfelt. He knew Judge Roy Moore would win. Moore will show Mitch McConnell how government is supposed to run. He will be good for America.
Bam! And that is precisely why this is good news for anyone who supports and respects the Constitution of the United States. There is a "revolution" taking place in this country, and the Democrats are on the wrong side of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections