Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2017, 09:05 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,644 times

Advertisements

Trump only won because of Hilary. She wasn't likable to third party voters and dems alike ang those people are very righteous about voting. They don't believe in voting for the lesser evil, that's why we have trump

Bernie running in 2020 would beat him easily

Old 10-07-2017, 09:20 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,341,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Bernie running in 2020 would beat him easily
At one time I would've agreed with you, but I suspect the following views are more accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I don't care if Trump accomplishes anything major or not. He is most importantly a blockade against far Left political correctness. Eventually it will subside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
This is a view shared by many Americans. The MSM ignores it at their peril
The angrier and crazier the left gets, the more they push people into the Trump camp.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:23 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,143,595 times
If Democrats don't follow Bernies lead, then yes, he has a good chance of winning.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:23 AM

25,598 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Recall, it is an 'opinion' piece, so the 'fake news' is not applicable.

It was interesting reading. It does make the point that Mr. Trump would have to duplicate his wins in the three 'rust belt' states (for the electoral votes, of course), as well as retake Florida.

The point about third party candidates siphoning off Democratic voters was valid. Of course, I assume that the 'never Trumpers' will also field a third-party candidate (they did so in 2016, but at the last minute, and half-assed at that, being eligible for only some few primaries)

Trump did it once, and I shall assume that he could do so again.
You are speaking to the crowd that gets their news from Saturday Night Live. I don't think they can distinguish between news/satire/opinion. It's all worth repeating, to them.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:59 AM

73,068 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
You would think people would get smarter

But this is America, I bet those coal mining towns would still vote for him even after his promises of bringing coal mining back doesn't happen. Can't fix stupid,but people that stayed home in 2016 should be smart enough to vote in 2020
I'm not going to make this a political rant, because you can find stupid on both sides of the political spectrum. Do be prepared as this will be personal for me.

There are days when I think that television, the internet,etc are things are causing so much stupidity in the world. I don't watch much television these days. The internet, I still need to use it. This is what I'm understanding as I get older. Television in itself is not the problem. Internet is not the problem. Facebook, youtube, they are just means of getting a message out there. Stupidity has always existed. The low brow behavior, the idiotic ways of doing things. Facebook was so much fun when it started. It was a way to keep up with my college friends, and connect with old classmates from elementary school. Myspace was for a similar purpose. The smut culture permeated Myspace, and it eventually turned ratchet quickly. Facebook, though still very useful, has seen a rapid proliferation of ratchet. Youtube has so much videos for people who like intelligence and being smart. However, I notice that the smut videos get the most views. I've come to the conclusion that there is more stupidity out there than I've ever thought. Society has not become more stupid. Stupidity was already around in higher than tolerable amounts. Technology has just revealed how much of it was always it was out there. I something thought "man, society has gone crazy" when I look at what I see on World Star. But then, I have to remember that as someone who got bullied alot in school, society hasn't gone crazy. Crazy was always there.

In short, what can you do about stupid?

Old 10-07-2017, 10:01 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Tell you what, if The Cheeto does pull off re-election, I will eat crow.

BUT, if he doesn't run, or more importantly, does run and loses, I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh and wait for all the cult members excuses....
If he doesn't win they will say it was part of the plan. These folks never admit when they are wrong.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I thought wapo was fake news?
Only when it's unfavorable to Trump. Did you not know that's how fake news works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The Dems' got no one. They will trot out identity politics black, Latino, women and (possibly) LBGTQ candidates and see which one sticks.
And yet it is a conservative who is busy labeling individuals who may run.

Pathetic.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:17 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You are speaking to the crowd that gets their news from Saturday Night Live. I don't think they can distinguish between news/satire/opinion. It's all worth repeating, to them.
That's bull -- we get our news from a number of sources and watch SNL to laugh.

You just can't make things up and spout it as fact. It doesn't work that way -- despite what our President says and does.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:19 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Of course he stands a decent chance.

We have a system that is rigged in favor of Republicans to start with. We also have an enormous population of morons and bigots.

His cult cannot be persuaded with facts. They're unfazed by the man-child in chief threatening a nuclear holocaust just to get TV ratings. They don't care about Trump actively trying to make enemies in the middle east, or his efforts to destabilize the Korean peninsula. They don't actually care that the mining jobs aren't coming back, because they *like* sitting in their trailers binging on Fox News and hoarding more and more guns that they purchase with their fraudulently-obtained disability checks.

As long as a liberal, a brown person, a homo, a Jew, or an intelligent human is being annoyed with the insane antics, hateful policies, failed ideas, and total lack of competent leadership, they're happy.

They're trolls, voting for who they want to be Chief Troll, and Trump is perfect as Chief Troll.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:28 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,472,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Trump’s support from these voters is personal, not ideological. That explains their willingness to stick with him despite his failures of leadership."
Personality cult. Nothing else but.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections