Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 02:12 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I think they've been afraid of a long race for the nomination because of what could possibly come out about Obama. They're fearful of the scrutiny, and I don't get that. Do they think the Republicans would play nice with him?

Well come to think of it, every time Obama gets in the fire
the chants intensifies for Hillary to quit
or she gets blamed for what ever Obama is getting bad press for,
his church is a great example.
Obama is the member there of 20 years, Obama made this clown his mentor, advisor,
buddy, Obama made him a leader of his team
but Hillary and her supporters are the ones to blame.
Makes perfect sense to me.
How long before the riots start??
Want to bet some are being planned as I type?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 02:21 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,817,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Well come to think of it, every time Obama gets in the fire
the chants intensifies for Hillary to quit
or she gets blamed for what ever Obama is getting bad press for,
his church is a great example.
Obama is the member there of 20 years, Obama made this clown his mentor, advisor,
buddy, Obama made him a leader of his team
but Hillary and her supporters are the ones to blame.
Makes perfect sense to me.
How long before the riots start??
Want to bet some are being planned as I type?
Lets face it though.....Some of this stuff that this Rev. says is as true as it can ever be displayed

Old 03-17-2008, 02:45 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,880,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Lets face it though.....Some of this stuff that this Rev. says is as true as it can ever be displayed

It's not the truth that is the problem....it's the delivery. White people are not to blame for the plight of today's black people. They can go to school, learn, and get a job just like I did. I was probably what you would consider lower middle class growing up and I'm doing ok. His language and actions are horrible and if this type of person is "mentoring" Obama, what does that say about him??

Old 03-17-2008, 03:23 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,999,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
It's not the truth that is the problem....it's the delivery. White people are not to blame for the plight of today's black people. They can go to school, learn, and get a job just like I did. I was probably what you would consider lower middle class growing up and I'm doing ok. His language and actions are horrible and if this type of person is "mentoring" Obama, what does that say about him??
If you had studied black history, you would see how the past affects the present.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:37 PM

2,284 posts, read 5,561,270 times
Quote:
Most people seem to confuse the truth with "hatred". I certainly do not agree with everything that Rev. Wright said but some of that stuff has a lot of truthfulness stamped all over it. So this leads me to ask the following question: Would this race still be going on if Obama were behind by 150+ pledged delegates and had no clear path to catching up with his opponet???

Again, please be as truthful as you can!
No. Barack would have dropped out if he were behind in all categories, and had no objective and fair chance of winning. He would have done so on his own accord.

But the status quo of politics and media have everything to lose. And they will do whatever they can to maintain their power.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:42 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,064,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
If you had studied black history, you would see how the past affects the present.
And at what point do people become the captains of their own future, use the opportunities given to them and forge ahead?

I used to teach at a high school in which 90 percent of the students were economically disadvantaged and almost half were migrant workers. We worked our butts off to get these kids scholarships, take them to visit universities, prepare them to make the transition and be successful. ALL of them who applied were awarded excellent financial aid packages; only some of them accepted. One girl was given a $40,000 scholarship to attend Texas A & M University -- she declined, got pregnant, got married, and is working for just above minimum wage.

Is that the fault of white people and history, too?

Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,936,708 times
Quote:
Come-on.....Rev Wright is in his 70's. Are you going to insist that his entire life there was never any racism, never a Jim Crow law, never segregated schools? Are you very young or something?

Old 03-17-2008, 08:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,936,708 times
Quote:
Most people seem to confuse the truth with "hatred". I certainly do not agree with everything that Rev. Wright said but some of that stuff has a lot of truthfulness stamped all over it. So this leads me to ask the following question: Would this race still be going on if Obama were behind by 150+ pledged delegates and had no clear path to catching up with his opponet???

Again, please be as truthful as you can!
It's just like the other week when the spouse of the losing candidate offered the front-runner the VP position on his wife's ticket. How absurd is that?

When Huckabee or Romney were still in the race but McCain was the obvious front runner would their wives have had the audacity to suggest McCain could be the VP?

Old 03-17-2008, 09:32 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,276,877 times
there is no doubt in my mind, Obama would have stepped aside if he was behind even after the first super tuesday.
Obama is 45+, and HillBilly is 60+,

Hillary made herself unelectable !! If she ran a gracious campaign, and William Jefferson had come out and endorsed a Hillary-Obama ticket in South Carolina, noone of this would have gone this far !!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:54 PM

1,613 posts, read 2,646,404 times
Quote:
It's not the truth that is the problem....it's the delivery.
I mentioned this in an earlier post. I think that is what scares people more than the message itself. it gives the image of the "Angry black Man" and people don't know what to do with it.

It may give the Rev. the image of the "ABM" but that doesn't transcend down to Barack Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections