Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 05:40 PM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,796 times

Advertisements

Except it isn’t the Washington Post. Whomever is behind it is obviously trying to drum up support FOR Roy Moore rather than against him. To add an anti-Semitic touch, the fake “reporter’s” name is “Bernie Bernstein.”

Quote:
”Hi, this is Bernie Bernstein, I’m a reporter for the Washington Post calling to find out if anyone at this address is a female between the ages of 54 to 57 years old willing to make damaging remarks about candidate Roy Moore for a reward of between $5000 and $7000 dollars. We will not be fully investigating these claims however we will make a written report. I can be reached by email at albernstein@washingtonpost.com, thank you.”

LISTEN: Curious Robocall Seeks ‘Damaging’ Information on Moore | WKRG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 09:17 AM

8,503 posts, read 4,618,215 times
Despicable dog whistle lie appealing to the worse in people. It however might actually work in a state like Alabama.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:15 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,747,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Despicable dog whistle lie appealing to the worse in people. It however might actually work in a state like Alabama.
We saw what happened in the 2000 Republican primaries in South Carolina

Old 11-15-2017, 10:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,652,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Except it isn’t the Washington Post. Whomever is behind it is obviously trying to drum up support FOR Roy Moore rather than against him. To add an anti-Semitic touch, the fake “reporter’s” name is “Bernie Bernstein.”

I mean that was awful. "Bernie Bernstein' with a fake jewish accent?

I hope no one in Alabama is dumb enough to fall for this lie. Hopefully we'll find out who is behind it.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:34 PM

8,503 posts, read 4,618,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I hope no one in Alabama is dumb enough to fall for this lie.
Unfortunately it is Alabama and large numbers will likely fall for it.

Look for some of the far right extremists such as those associated with Brietbart, Infowars, and Fox either be silent on this or even quite possibly help perpetuate and spread it.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:48 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,484,389 times
I really wouldn't put this past the WaPo to be honest.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:20 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,503,071 times
Quote:
”Hi, this is Bernie Bernstein, I’m a reporter for the Washington Post calling to find out if anyone at this address is a female between the ages of 54 to 57 years old willing to make damaging remarks about candidate Roy Moore for a reward of between $5000 and $7000 dollars. We will not be fully investigating these claims however we will make a written report. I can be reached by email at albernstein@washingtonpost.com, thank you.”
Apparently they thought 'Jewey Jewbaum' would be just a little too obvious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I really wouldn't put this past the WaPo to be honest.
Which says nothing about the Post but volumes about you. I guess that's what a steady diet of Hannity and Breitbart will do.

On a side note, now we know why McConnell suddenly dropped Moore yesterday:
Quote:
Alabama GOP nominee Roy Moore is polling 12 points behind his Democratic opponent Doug Jones in the wake of decades-old allegations that Moore had initiated a sexual encounter with a minor, according to a poll from the Senate GOP’s campaign arm.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee’s (NRSC) poll found that Jones was leading Moore by a double-digit margin, 51 to 39 percent.
Republican poll: Moore 12 points behind Democrat Jones | TheHill

Old 11-15-2017, 02:38 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,736,333 times
It's probably Breitbart doing it. There were several articles out yesterday (here's one: https://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...y-moore-expose) on some dumb move they made with regard to the Washington Post and Roy Moore.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:45 PM

447 posts, read 560,329 times
Well, in our local news, a lady says she does not believe any of those allegations. When asked why, she says: You know, he (Roy Moore) is a christian. Christians don't do those things.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:45 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

Lol. They played it on Morning Joe and they were all in stitches the accent sounded so fake. More like a car salesman on Long Island than a reporter in DC. Somebody really really stupid created that bit of comedy gold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections